Possible New World Record Buck

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
ChewyTKE609

Possible New World Record Buck

Postby ChewyTKE609 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:21 pm

So one of the guys my dad works with told him about a video of what could possibly be the next world record buck.  A landowner in Buffalo county WI took this video from the road near one if his properties in August.  It is a free range buck.  Have a look for yourself.  Click here.  Also, there is going to be an article in an upcoming issue of another outdoor publication about this very buck. 

duckunder

RE: Possible New World Record Buck

Postby duckunder » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:05 am

ya, this has been out for at least a month or so, and the big talk I heard about it, is, the only way it would be a world record, is if it's a typical......  and the people that have looked at the video say it's too hard to tell if it would be scored as typical or not.... Could have some stickers in there.... Either way, it's a heck of a big cage on top of his head.....  I hope someone gets it hunting, and not poached or hit by a car or something like that......

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:16 am

ORIGINAL: duckunder

ya, this has been out for at least a month or so, and the big talk I heard about it, is, the only way it would be a world record, is if it's a typical......  and the people that have looked at the video say it's too hard to tell if it would be scored as typical or not.... Could have some stickers in there.... Either way, it's a heck of a big cage on top of his head.....  I hope someone gets it hunting, and not poached or hit by a car or something like that......

the key word is hunting. To many deer like that are shot from a p/u window around here and just because it was during legal shooting hours, the guy had a tag, and it was actually in season they consider that hunting. [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:17 am

ORIGINAL: PrairieShadow

ORIGINAL: duckunder

the key word is hunting. To many deer like that (well big at least) are shot from a p/u window around here and just because it was during legal shooting hours, the guy had a tag, and it was actually in season they consider it hunting. [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

If they only knew what they were missing out on.....
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:12 am

This one is a little old... But I hope he is taken leagly
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Every time someone kills a big buck or bull around here thats the first thing people say, you shot it from the road, or you shot it at night...As soon as someone says that it automatically is the truth..sad really. But on a good note the idiot who was shooting elk and deer around here for fun got 3 years should of been more but just glad they prosecuted him...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Return to General Discussions