hunting wives

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
burnnurse1

hunting wives

Postby burnnurse1 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:28 pm

Just curious how many of you guys on here have wives that hunt with you? Mine has gone with me a few times and both she and my daughter have even been in the stand for a kill. They were as excited as I was. She has mentioned several times that she would like to get into Bow hunting, but my only fear is that I end up paying alot of money for a bow for her and she never uses it. Any suggestions on good starter bow for a woman at a decent price? I would love to see her get more involved in the sport.

........Could buy her a brand new Matthews and hope she doesn't like it[:D]

msbadger

RE: hunting wives

Postby msbadger » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:11 am

Well ...Mr. B refuses to bow hunt and I taught our kids.....we all use Hoyt...I started out with a used  50 yr. old kodiak Bear #45 recurve and thats what I took my first bow deer with shooting off shelf ..instinctive....

You get her to a good archery shop with a range and some good used bows...have her measured and step back and let the shop guys set her up and show her what she needs to know to start.....we listen better to other men or woman[;)]...Now shame on you for making her mention it more than once...and watch what you ask for ....since bow hunting I've turned into the family  " HUNTING NUT CASE " well thats how my family discribes me[8|] [;)].....

burnnurse1

Postby burnnurse1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:38 am

Hey now, she's made me ask more than once a time or two herself!![;)]

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:26 am

Mine has sat with me in the shanty but thats about it.

While she loves to eat deer and see the excitement on my face when I do hunt, she isn't to keen on the shooting/dressing part.

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:22 am

BN-   Go see Tommy @ Mckinneys in Ruston.  He'll fix you up.  He set up a buddy of mines wife this summer and she ended the year placing in 3 out of the 5 3d tourneys we took her to.  For myself I like the Diamond Edge.  Thats what i'll probably buy my bride whenever she wants to start up with a bow.  She already hunts a little and she has a rifle hat she already had as well as a shotgun that was her first christmas present from me.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:37 pm

I can't get my Wife to go hunting with me,she loves to Camp and that is as close to woods as she will go...now I have taken my 2 Daughters and they like going out every now and then.My oldest Girl shot her 1st Deer 2 years ago and loves to go Turkey Hunting,my youngest Girl wants to Bow Hunt so I got her a used Bow and she has been practicing with it.If she decides to stay with Bow Hunting I will get a better Bow in a year or 2?

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:39 pm

I enjoy calling my wife after shooting a deer.  She'll come from the farmhouse and help me track, but probably could never pull the trigger (bow or gun).  She's a fabulous cook which works out great!! 
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:28 pm

My wife is gonna go for the first time (with me) this year.  She's a country girl and has shot deer before.  My only worry is that she'll have more success than I do![:)]

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:24 am

KYHillChick loves coming to deer camp and turkey camp, but does not like hunting herself.  For her, it's a chance to sleep in late on the weekends.  The most she'll do is don an orange vest and go hiking with the dogs.

She's also a shooter. Her big gas is hitting milk jugs at 450 yards with her Ought-Six.

Her biggest contribution to the hunt is we can call her and she'll drive the truck out to give us a ride home or retrieve a deer.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:07 am

I used to think that having a wife/girlfriend who hunted, would be kinda bad. Like she was just one of the "guys", but I`ve come to re-think that. I think it would be awesome to have someone who not only understood what you do and why you do it, but would participate.

Next

Return to General Discussions