Gun owners 1 Antis 0

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

RE: Gun owners 1 Antis 0

Postby JPH » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:21 am

So Hunter480, you're a right wing guy, would you rather ban something that is currently within the rights of the land/buisness owner just b/c you find it distateful, or would you support my idea? Require all those how take deer inside of an enclosure to fully disclose that to anyone looking at their deer or listening to their story, then let the free market do it's thing?

The Gvt. could issue labels that would have to be displayed by taxidermists and the hunter would have to read a little disclaimer before they tell the story. [:D]

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:29 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

So Hunter480, you're a right wing guy, would you rather ban something that is currently within the rights of the land/buisness owner just b/c you find it distateful, or would you support my idea? Require all those how take deer inside of an enclosure to fully disclose that to anyone looking at their deer or listening to their story, then let the free market do it's thing?

The Gvt. could issue labels that would have to be displayed by taxidermists and the hunter would have to read a little disclaimer before they tell the story. [:D]

C`mon, you know things work.........

Someone, somewhere draws a line in the sand, and that line defines what`s lawful or not. If it`s lawful, fine, if you can live with yourself, go for it. It`s also perfectly reasonable to work to change laws, and if it`s based on being distasteful or whatever, it possibly can be made illeagle. Ask Mike Vick, plent of people felt dog fighting was a perfectly fine thing to do on their own propert, with their own property, the dogs. Because the majority find it distasteful, they got popped.

Back to the point at hand. People who feel strongly about an issue, and usually based on moral or ethical grounds, typically work to make change. You know that. Those with morals, vision and a will make things happen, while the "open minded" watch change occur and buy into anything.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:37 am

If you are offending the anti's you are doing something right. They offend me with their anti hunting messages on t.v. withthe anti hunting literature they pass out at schools and such. But since I am a hunter I need to worry about offending anti's I think not..
 Ted is a spokes person for hunting cause no other celebrity has taken the position, if you know of another please tell me, cause all the other celebrities that hunt do just that hunt and keep it quiet..
 As far as enclosure hunting who cares if there is a fence would you all prefer these people be in competition with you, I see em as a good way to let people who can't afford to go to Africa to take animals from there without having to get malaria.  People quit worrying about offending the anti's they don't worry about you..
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:46 am

What do you think about this:  Couple of years ago I helped on a deer farm near my home and got to know the owner well enough and we would often talk about hunting. He personally has sold either sperm or doe's themselves to people who then release the doe or use the sperm in other enclosures (huge ones like in texas) to genetically enhance "their herd", everything is perfectly legal and your hunting "free ranging" deer but it has been genetically enhanced by man. Is that fair chase or whatever you wanna call it? IMO I dont think so, with fences involved you can always manipulate deer in some way or another. Lets say you get those high paying customers who badly want a big buck so you put them  a certain location and make some kind of push or drive using the fence as block for the deer so this high paying client can maybe get an oppurtunity at one of the animals he has paid for. There are many ways a fence can help in the harvest of a deer. BIg enclosure or not there is still a fence there that the deer cannot get beyond. Do I think hunting in an enclosure is wrong? No, if someone has the money for it and can feel good about it, it is no skin off my back. I could never do it myself because I just wouldnt feel the same rush that I feel right now hunting deer that I know I may never see again if I make one mistake at the wrong time. Thats hunting to me, working hard, thinking hard, and hunting hard to maybe get that one chance at a deer. Not paying a guy to raise deer for me to shoot. Like I said earlier thats up to the person behind the bow or gun. Im out there to enjoy the outdoors and wonder what might come walking by the spot I have chosen for various reasons.
I cant say for sure but I can imagine that people do the whole sperm or doe thing on their own property thats not fenced in as well. Who knows, I can tell you that the deer I chase seem to have me fenced in. Image

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 am

first of all no one cares if we offend anti's ..it is the larger more resonible non-hunter group that hunters should try to get on their side

not all non- hunter are anti..they just don't care that much and go with what the media portrays hunting as...

as for high fence...you should be assamed to be a hunter and shoot anything in a pen...I don't agree with 480 much but for sure i'll agree with that...high fence is not fair chase it is an artificial environment where harvest rates are nearly 100%...yeh that is hunting.. NOT in my book and it shouldn't be in anyone elses either...it is paying for pleasure..just like paying for a prostitute to have sex..whet ever gets your rocks off i guess... high fense...should be banned

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:11 pm

ORIGINAL: dtrain56

first of all no one cares if we offend anti's ..it is the larger more resonible non-hunter group that hunters should try to get on their side

not all non- hunter are anti..they just don't care that much and go with what the media portrays hunting as...

as for high fence...you should be assamed to be a hunter and shoot anything in a pen...I don't agree with 480 much but for sure i'll agree with that...high fence is not fair chase it is an artificial environment where harvest rates are nearly 100%...yeh that is hunting.. NOT in my book and it shouldn't be in anyone elses either...it is paying for pleasure..just like paying for a prostitute to have sex..whet ever gets your rocks off i guess... high fense...should be banned

I have never hunted a fenced enclosure. Ok heres one for ya down here we have a elk refuge it is not very large and has hunting all the way around it, how do the elk know to stay there, there is no fence there is just signs saying elk refuge. You can kill an elk if it comes off the refuge, but that wouldn't be hunting would it. The elk very seldome ever leave this area, and there will be upwards of 30 bulls alone staying in the same area even during the rut, makes no sense. How do they know the boundry...
 There are permit unit's with 100% sucess rate here maybe they should be closed down.. Hunters need to get off their holyier than though pulpit and fight the real fight, quit trying to close down hunting they think they are above..

When you start to have hunting you love banned and want hunters to stand with ya, you will learn real fast ya stand alone, cause hunters care nothing about saving the sport, only buying the latest gadget, or busy beating their more ethical than you chest, or trying to kill a bigger deer than the next guy so they can submit a pic in a hunting mag.And when all hunting is done they will look around and wonder were did everybody go...

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:35 pm

ORIGINAL: gutpile

I have never hunted a fenced enclosure. Ok heres one for ya down here we have a elk refuge it is not very large and has hunting all the way around it, how do the elk know to stay there, there is no fence there is just signs saying elk refuge. You can kill an elk if it comes off the refuge, but that wouldn't be hunting would it. The elk very seldome ever leave this area, and there will be upwards of 30 bulls alone staying in the same area even during the rut, makes no sense. How do they know the boundry...
There are permit unit's with 100% sucess rate here maybe they should be closed down.. Hunters need to get off their holyier than though pulpit and fight the real fight, quit trying to close down hunting they think they are above..

When you start to have hunting you love banned and want hunters to stand with ya, you will learn real fast ya stand alone, cause hunters care nothing about saving the sport, only buying the latest gadget, or busy beating their more ethical than you chest, or trying to kill a bigger deer than the next guy so they can submit a pic in a hunting mag.And when all hunting is done they will look around and wonder were did everybody go...

It`s fine that you feel as you do. Some of us however, won`t bow down and accept anything and everything "bubba" wants to call hunting, to keep some mystical peace among hunters. Wrong is wrong, and people of conviction call it just that.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:42 pm

maybe banned is a little harsh but it should not be glorified by hunting shows as part of this sport...killing an animal in a pen is no more a sport than to slaughter a cow... the TV shows do it for advertising ..like a thirty minute infomurcial...but i'm sick of seeing a 140-160 class buck passed up because of the fence....one show actually had tags on the ears of it's buck's i guess yu pay to shoot number 69...big deal...any joe can shoot ...but don't pawn it off like hunting...

as for the elk, the land was put aside because most likley it is the best habitait..since it is the elk stay there and when the herd gets to big they sell permits to cull the herd...sounds like managment to me...i don't know the exact situation but that is my take... 

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:02 pm

maybe banned is a little harsh but it should not be glorified by hunting shows as part of this sport...killing an animal in a pen is no more a sport than to slaughter a cow... the TV shows do it for advertising ..like a thirty minute infomurcial...but i'm sick of seeing a 140-160 class buck passed up because of the fence....one show actually had tags on the ears of it's buck's i guess yu pay to shoot number 69...big deal...any joe can shoot ...but don't pawn it off like hunting...

as for the elk, the land was put aside because most likley it is the best habitait..since it is the elk stay there and when the herd gets to big they sell permits to cull the herd...sounds like managment to me...i don't know the exact situation but that is my take... 
Around here people would say sitting in a tree stand is not hunting, cause you are just sitting there.. I tell em they are morons..
 Second they do not give out permits to kill them elk, if they feel there are to many than they have a round up and ship em off to other places...My point about the elk was they have no fence yet stay put, and killing one inside the refuge would not be sporting enough for some of you.
 Allot of hunters tend to feel they are above everything, when these guys have to hunt with all the others out there and compete with all the others their "ethics" seem to change some. Weird..

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:11 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

ORIGINAL: gutpile

It`s fine that you feel as you do. Some of us however, won`t bow down and accept anything and everything "bubba" wants to call hunting, to keep some mystical peace among hunters. Wrong is wrong, and people of conviction call it just that.

Michigan dove hunting should be banned, I don't live there and its unethical to shoot a bird that small..
 Hound hunting in washington should be banned it isn't sporting to hunt with hounds. New Jersey Bear hunting should be banned I dont eat bear so no sense in shooting them..
 Hound hunting for cougars in california. ban it no sport and I don't eat cougar..
 Ban bait sits in michigan again I am above baiting, I hunt private property..
And we defenently need to ban trapping in most states again no sport in setting a trap.. Lets not forget to ban hound hunting in Oregon to do I even need to say why..
 Now I feel like a true warrior, I fought for thre common good of all hunters..
Oh you want to plant wolves here why sure go ahead and let's not have a hunting season for em cause you know the old rule if ya don't eat it don't kill it..Sure lets cut back on deer kill this year seems to be losing some. what you want to ban "MY" but why I am the most ethical man...Boy wouldn't that be crazy if it were true, oh wait it is true..

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions