Gun owners 1 Antis 0

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
OHhunter

RE: Gun owners 1 Antis 0

Postby OHhunter » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:38 pm

ORIGINAL: gutpile

ORIGINAL: hunter480

[quote]ORIGINAL: dtrain56

first of all no one cares if we offend anti's ..it is the larger more resonible non-hunter group that hunters should try to get on their side

not all non- hunter are anti..they just don't care that much and go with what the media portrays hunting as...

as for high fence...you should be assamed to be a hunter and shoot anything in a pen...I don't agree with 480 much but for sure i'll agree with that...high fence is not fair chase it is an artificial environment where harvest rates are nearly 100%...yeh that is hunting.. NOT in my book and it shouldn't be in anyone elses either...it is paying for pleasure..just like paying for a prostitute to have sex..whet ever gets your rocks off i guess... high fense...should be banned

I have never hunted a fenced enclosure. Ok heres one for ya down here we have a elk refuge it is not very large and has hunting all the way around it, how do the elk know to stay there, there is no fence there is just signs saying elk refuge. You can kill an elk if it comes off the refuge, but that wouldn't be hunting would it. The elk very seldome ever leave this area, and there will be upwards of 30 bulls alone staying in the same area even during the rut, makes no sense. How do they know the boundry...
There are permit unit's with 100% sucess rate here maybe they should be closed down.. Hunters need to get off their holyier than though pulpit and fight the real fight, quit trying to close down hunting they think they are above..

When you start to have hunting you love banned and want hunters to stand with ya, you will learn real fast ya stand alone, cause hunters care nothing about saving the sport, only buying the latest gadget, or busy beating their more ethical than you chest, or trying to kill a bigger deer than the next guy so they can submit a pic in a hunting mag.And when all hunting is done they will look around and wonder were did everybody go...

It`s fine that you feel as you do. Some of us however, won`t bow down and accept anything and everything "bubba" wants to call hunting, to keep some mystical peace among hunters. Wrong is wrong, and people of conviction call it just that.

Michigan dove hunting should be banned, I don't live there and its unethical to shoot a bird that small..
Hound hunting in washington should be banned it isn't sporting to hunt with hounds. New Jersey Bear hunting should be banned I dont eat bear so no sense in shooting them..
Hound hunting for cougars in california. ban it no sport and I don't eat cougar..
Ban bait sits in michigan again I am above baiting, I hunt private property..
And we defenently need to ban trapping in most states again no sport in setting a trap.. Lets not forget to ban hound hunting in Oregon to do I even need to say why..
Now I feel like a true warrior, I fought for thre common good of all hunters..
Oh you want to plant wolves here why sure go ahead and let's not have a hunting season for em cause you know the old rule if ya don't eat it don't kill it..Sure lets cut back on deer kill this year seems to be losing some. what you want to ban "MY" but why I am the most ethical man...Boy wouldn't that be crazy if it were true, oh wait it is true..
[/quote]

If that's how you feel,stick to it.  One difference I see is everything you listed is wild.  High fenced animals are not
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:48 pm

ORIGINAL: OHhunter

[quote]ORIGINAL: gutpile

first of all no one cares if we offend anti's ..it is the larger more resonible non-hunter group that hunters should try to get on their side

not all non- hunter are anti..they just don't care that much and go with what the media portrays hunting as...

as for high fence...you should be assamed to be a hunter and shoot anything in a pen...I don't agree with 480 much but for sure i'll agree with that...high fence is not fair chase it is an artificial environment where harvest rates are nearly 100%...yeh that is hunting.. NOT in my book and it shouldn't be in anyone elses either...it is paying for pleasure..just like paying for a prostitute to have sex..whet ever gets your rocks off i guess... high fense...should be banned

I have never hunted a fenced enclosure. Ok heres one for ya down here we have a elk refuge it is not very large and has hunting all the way around it, how do the elk know to stay there, there is no fence there is just signs saying elk refuge. You can kill an elk if it comes off the refuge, but that wouldn't be hunting would it. The elk very seldome ever leave this area, and there will be upwards of 30 bulls alone staying in the same area even during the rut, makes no sense. How do they know the boundry...
There are permit unit's with 100% sucess rate here maybe they should be closed down.. Hunters need to get off their holyier than though pulpit and fight the real fight, quit trying to close down hunting they think they are above..

When you start to have hunting you love banned and want hunters to stand with ya, you will learn real fast ya stand alone, cause hunters care nothing about saving the sport, only buying the latest gadget, or busy beating their more ethical than you chest, or trying to kill a bigger deer than the next guy so they can submit a pic in a hunting mag.And when all hunting is done they will look around and wonder were did everybody go...

It`s fine that you feel as you do. Some of us however, won`t bow down and accept anything and everything "bubba" wants to call hunting, to keep some mystical peace among hunters. Wrong is wrong, and people of conviction call it just that.

Michigan dove hunting should be banned, I don't live there and its unethical to shoot a bird that small..
Hound hunting in washington should be banned it isn't sporting to hunt with hounds. New Jersey Bear hunting should be banned I dont eat bear so no sense in shooting them..
Hound hunting for cougars in california. ban it no sport and I don't eat cougar..
And we defenently need to ban trapping in most states again no sport in setting a trap.. Lets not forget to ban hound hunting in Oregon to do I even need to say why..
Oh you want to plant wolves here why sure go ahead and let's not have a hunting season for em cause you know the old rule if ya don't eat it don't kill it..Sure lets cut back on deer kill this year seems to be losing some. what you want to ban "MY" but why I am the most ethical man...Boy wouldn't that be crazy if it were true, oh wait it is true..
[/quote]

If that's how you feel,stick to it.  One difference I see is everything you listed is wild.  High fenced animals are not
[/quote]
I will stick to it, and I will stand beside you or any other hunter when they come for your hunting, and they will come for your hunting.

I personaly don't feel I should have the say on what someone does on their own property, weather they want to raise deer for meat, or for hunting. Well maybe we should have more government regulations on our property..
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:15 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: hunter480

[/quote]

[/quote]
 Well maybe we should have more government regulations on our property..
[/quote]

We agree on this.......

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:19 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: hunter480

[/quote]

[/quote]
Well maybe we should have more government regulations on our property..
[/quote]

We agree on this.......
[/quote]
doubt it.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Wow, I think we all can stop quoting each other here...It's becoming a quote inside a quote inside a quote inside a quote....Need I go on?  LOL

Anyways, my two cents and I'll keep it short since I don't want to keep you all up reading it.  100% Wild, 100% Fair Chase...I think the Drury Brothers take this to the next level and are a hard component of this.  Shooting deer or any animal for that matter in an enclosure is the same as shooting fish out of a barrel.  Where's the fun, and what kind of chance do the animals have?  It's sad that hunters have to bow down that low...My opinion!

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:38 am

Shooting deer or any animal for that matter in an enclosure is the same as shooting fish out of a barrel. Where's the fun, and what kind of chance do the animals have? It's sad that hunters have to bow down that low
ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

Wow, I think we all can stop quoting each other here...It's becoming a quote inside a quote inside a quote inside a quote....Need I go on?  LOL

Anyways, my two cents and I'll keep it short since I don't want to keep you all up reading it.  100% Wild, 100% Fair Chase...I think the Drury Brothers take this to the next level and are a hard component of this.  Shooting deer or any animal for that matter in an enclosure is the same as shooting fish out of a barrel.  Where's the fun, and what kind of chance do the animals have?  It's sad that hunters have to bow down that low...My opinion!

And I agree. At face value. And my original point still stands: At what point does the "enclosure" or as hunter 480 put it the "playpen" cease to be an enclosure and become fenced in territory? If we put a 12ft fence around Allegheny state park (couple million acres) is that an enclosure?

If predator and prey get to behave normally and unimpacted by a barrier, how is the barrier significant?

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:49 am

ORIGINAL: Squirrelhawker

At what point does the "enclosure" or as hunter 480 put it the "playpen" cease to be an enclosure and become fenced in territory? If we put a 12ft fence around Allegheny state park (couple million acres) is that an enclosure?

If predator and prey get to behave normally and unimpacted by a barrier, how is the barrier significant?

It is a very valad question and I have already admitted that I cannot offer a specific answer. But I would assume that the area would have to be so large that the cost of the fence would no longer be reasonable.

Again, I guess the simple answer is that if someone is putting their bank account into a high fence, you'd better believe it is for a reason. What is that reason? To artifically control the herd dynamics.

I'm never one to encourage regulation unless it is proven to provide the greater good. The CWD issue seems to be getting us closer to that point, but we're not there yet. But I do think high fence hunters should get an * attached to their hunts.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:52 am

When you start judging other hunters the anti's take notice, and start to move for legislation. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with the anti's you have now become one of them, and you can bet they won't give you the credit for getting said hunting banned...
 No matter how you spin it, no matter what you say you will never convince me to ban any form of hunting, regardless of what you think is ethical..

Having a piece of property that you manage for big deer is almost the same, as a fenced operation. These deer go season after season with no pressure on em no one trouncing about disturbing them they might see a person when they go to work on the food plot, but you can not convince me that these deer act the same as ones with heavy pressure on em like the ones on public land. I know someone is gonna tell me about how cunning they are, how smart they are, but if they don't have the pressure on em how are they gonna develop these senses?
A good example is that when you hunt a permit unit here the animals don't have the pressure on em so they are in fact easier to kill. Allot just stare at ya, but go to a open unit and watch as they run if they even think they hear or see something...

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:01 pm

-can-eat shripm going on right now

When you start judging other hunters the anti's take notice, and start to move for legislation. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with the anti's you have now become one of them

There is NO WAY in God`s green earth you believe this nonsense........

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:13 pm

-can-eat shripm going on right now

When you start judging other hunters the anti's take notice, and start to move for legislation. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with the anti's you have now become one of them

There is NO WAY in God`s green earth you believe this nonsense........

Well yes I do, when hunters helped to get hound hunting banned here who took the credit hunters or anti's?  And yes when you join forces with them to ban h-u-n-t-i-n-g then yes you have become one.. Have you ever had to go the poles to vote on your hunting? Have you ever had to battle anti's in your  state?

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions