Gun owners 1 Antis 0

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

RE: Gun owners 1 Antis 0

Postby JPH » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:15 pm

ORIGINAL: gutpile

When you start judging other hunters the anti's take notice, and start to move for legislation. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with the anti's you have now become one of them, and you can bet they won't give you the credit for getting said hunting banned...
No matter how you spin it, no matter what you say you will never convince me to ban any form of hunting, regardless of what you think is ethical..

Having a piece of property that you manage for big deer is almost the same, as a fenced operation. These deer go season after season with no pressure on em no one trouncing about disturbing them they might see a person when they go to work on the food plot, but you can not convince me that these deer act the same as ones with heavy pressure on em like the ones on public land. I know someone is gonna tell me about how cunning they are, how smart they are, but if they don't have the pressure on em how are they gonna develop these senses?
A good example is that when you hunt a permit unit here the animals don't have the pressure on em so they are in fact easier to kill. Allot just stare at ya, but go to a open unit and watch as they run if they even think they hear or see something...

Gutpile, you are a true Zealot, which is not all bad b/c you are doing this in defence of hunting. I like hunting, therefor I like you.

But as a Zealot, you are sometimes beyond reason. If I disagree with the way you may hunt, I am an anti? If I manage and hunt private land, then I am akin to hunting an enclosure? Come on!

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:27 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

When you start judging other hunters the anti's take notice, and start to move for legislation. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with the anti's you have now become one of them, and you can bet they won't give you the credit for getting said hunting banned...
No matter how you spin it, no matter what you say you will never convince me to ban any form of hunting, regardless of what you think is ethical..

Having a piece of property that you manage for big deer is almost the same, as a fenced operation. These deer go season after season with no pressure on em no one trouncing about disturbing them they might see a person when they go to work on the food plot, but you can not convince me that these deer act the same as ones with heavy pressure on em like the ones on public land. I know someone is gonna tell me about how cunning they are, how smart they are, but if they don't have the pressure on em how are they gonna develop these senses?
A good example is that when you hunt a permit unit here the animals don't have the pressure on em so they are in fact easier to kill. Allot just stare at ya, but go to a open unit and watch as they run if they even think they hear or see something...

Gutpile, you are a true Zealot, which is not all bad b/c you are doing this in defence of hunting. I like hunting, therefor I like you.

But as a Zealot, you are sometimes beyond reason. If I disagree with the way you may hunt, I am an anti? If I manage and hunt private land, then I am akin to hunting an enclosure? Come on!

This person agrees 100% with you trying to ban these hunts please read and then read the name at the bottom, pay attention when you read it..

Tell me that deer that have little to no pressure act the same as those on public land..

and with "you" I mean everybody wanting to ban these hunts, not JPH in general.
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:41 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

-can-eat shripm going on right now

When you start judging other hunters the anti's take notice, and start to move for legislation. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with the anti's you have now become one of them

There is NO WAY in God`s green earth you believe this nonsense........

Well yes I do, when hunters helped to get hound hunting banned here who took the credit hunters or anti's?  And yes when you join forces with them to ban h-u-n-t-i-n-g then yes you have become one.. Have you ever had to go the poles to vote on your hunting? Have you ever had to battle anti's in your  state?

I can`t/won`t be as geneous to you as JPH. If you truly believe promoting ethics and fair chase equates me to an anti.....then you`re not my friend, my ally, or anyone I want to associate with.

It`s pretty straightforward really. Right is right, wrong is wrong, and anyone who associates themselves with wrong, regardless of what they call themselves, is wrong.

It`s not partisan, it`s not politics, it`s good or bad, right or wrong.

Apparently, you aren`t right.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:48 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: gutpile

When you start judging other hunters the anti's take notice, and start to move for legislation. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with the anti's you have now become one of them

Well yes I do, when hunters helped to get hound hunting banned here who took the credit hunters or anti's?  And yes when you join forces with them to ban h-u-n-t-i-n-g then yes you have become one.. Have you ever had to go the poles to vote on your hunting? Have you ever had to battle anti's in your  state?

I can`t/won`t be as geneous to you as JPH. If you truly believe promoting ethics and fair chase equates me to an anti.....then you`re not my friend, my ally, or anyone I want to associate with.

It`s pretty straightforward really. Right is right, wrong is wrong, and anyone who associates themselves with wrong, regardless of what they call themselves, is wrong.

[/quote]
 Did you read the letter I posted did you notice the guy stands right with you, did you notice he was with a group to ban sport hunting, thats all hunting stand with them on anything you stand against hunting period, take off the blinders and face reality. A ban on hunting is not good, you are not the expert on morals, or ethics. Notice the anti used "ethics" notice how they are clever enough to say even hunters stand with them. They use you guys as pupets then turn on you when they can..
 Again have you ever had to face hunting being banned in your area. Let me know when you do and tell me how good it feels when hunters stand against you..

Lets see all gun owners need to stick together no bans on guns would be good. But hunters dont stand together and feel free to ban what you feel is "unethical" sure brilliance

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:09 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: hunter480

[/quote]
Did you read the letter I posted did you notice the guy stands right with you, did you notice he was with a group to ban sport hunting, thats all hunting stand with them on anything you stand against hunting period, take off the blinders and face reality. A ban on hunting is not good, you are not the expert on morals, or ethics. Notice the anti used "ethics" notice how they are clever enough to say even hunters stand with them. They use you guys as pupets then turn on you when they can..
Again have you ever had to face hunting being banned in your area. Let me know when you do and tell me how good it feels when hunters stand against you..

Lets see all gun owners need to stick together no bans on guns would be good. But hunters dont stand together and feel free to ban what you feel is "unethical" sure brilliance
[/quote]

[8|]

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm really glad that you tagged that onto the end of your post b/c I was about to jump on you. I have never advocated a ban on any current, legal hunting practice. I will support changes in game laws for conservation purposes, but not outright banning.

I do wish that hunting enclosures would go away. But I'd like it to be for lack of intreast, not legal action.

And I did not say that deer on private land act the same as deer on public hunting. Basically, what I said was that private land deer are different than enclosure deer in that they can LEAVE my property. 

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:26 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: hunter480

[/quote]

[/quote]

[8|]
[/quote]
prove me wrong if ya can..

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:31 pm

I'm really glad that you tagged that onto the end of your post b/c I was about to jump on you. I have never advocated a ban on any current, legal hunting practice. I will support changes in game laws for conservation purposes, but not outright banning.

I do wish that hunting enclosures would go away. But I'd like it to be for lack of intreast, not legal action.

And I did not say that deer on private land act the same as deer on public hunting. Basically, what I said was that private land deer are different than enclosure deer in that they can LEAVE my property. 

JPH I respect you. that being said you can jump all over me if you want I can take it. You people in the midwest have never had to fight the anti's like we have here in the west coast. it starts with enclosure hunting, and hound hunting, usually protecting predators and all the self ritchouse join in. where does it stop, it doesn't the anti's keep going and going. They will use hunters to their advantage then turn on you when they are done... I just ask that hunters wake up and join forces and tell the anti's to go suck mud we aint gonna take it..

The B&c And P&Y do not recognize deer or any animal killed in an enclosure that you all can keep pure. but what a lose to ban or tell someone what they can do on their own land sickens me...

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:15 am

You people in the midwest have never had to fight the anti's like we have here in the west coast.

And thank God for that, but I understand your point. These things tend to close in on us from the coasts.

I too am a big advocate of landowner rights and a free market economy. As long as enclosures are not causing the spread of CWD or hurting conservation in general, I can tolerate them.

I'm just saying that in your efforts to keep hunters united, you should not come out swinging whenever you hear one step out of line. Sometimes we just come here to think out loud. Shhh...don't tell the antis.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:55 am

You people in the midwest have never had to fight the anti's like we have here in the west coast.

And thank God for that, but I understand your point. These things tend to close in on us from the coasts.

I too am a big advocate of landowner rights and a free market economy. As long as enclosures are not causing the spread of CWD or hurting conservation in general, I can tolerate them.

I'm just saying that in your efforts to keep hunters united, you should not come out swinging whenever you hear one step out of line. Sometimes we just come here to think out loud. Shhh...don't tell the antis.

I have to come out swinging loosing hound hunting for bear, bobcat, and cougar hear in Washington hurt me very much, it also taught me about the new age hunter mentality, the if 'I' dont do it then it shouldn't be done. Hunters fell for the anti's video lie's, they paid a poacher in Oregon to film a hunt with dogs in were he shoots and wounds a cougar and lets his dogs fight it in the crick. I could tell by watching it it was fake, but that started a frenzy of holier than ye in the hunting world to join with the anti's and succesfully ban hound hunting. Now believe it or not we have a cougar and bear problem.
 In Michigan the anti's convinced the public that shooting a defensless dove was wrong, allot of hunters agreed. I read one letter to the editor were a fellow hunter said he never see's em much, so there must be a shortage no scientific data to back it, like the state will let ya hunt em when they are endangerd.
 If by any means they shut down these operations it will make the anti's stronger and they will claim victory..

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions