Geaux Tigers!!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
burnnurse1

Geaux Tigers!!

Postby burnnurse1 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:09 am

If there is one thing I look forward to more than deer season it's college football. The guys at our camp love to come in after a hunt, cook on the grill and watch our beloved tigers play. Here in Louisiana, LSU football is life and to me the start of the football season gets me pumped for the upcoming deer season. Just wanted to see what other teams are represented here on the forum?

hunter480

RE: Geaux Tigers!!

Postby hunter480 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:47 am

Oh man! You all had a great one in Bert Jones. He Quarterbacked the, then, Baltimore Colts into the playoffs thru the mid 1970`s. Big, firey leader.

He still is an avid outdoorsman today. Does a lot of hunting, and did a lot with Grits Gresham until Grits passed away recently.

Anyway, no football powerhouses here in Indiana. Notre Dame has faded, IU never has been, and Purdue is as sorry as any team in the Country.

Hehe, since IU booted Knight, I`ve become a huge Texas Tech fan though.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:36 pm

Well...we hawk fans are feeling a little sheepish right now. 5 turnovers against Nothwestern today! [:'(]

But hey LSU, thanks for "The Catch" or as you may know it Tate to Holloway to win the 2005 Citrus Bowl. Ahh good times. [;)]

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:42 pm

I don't watch any college football . i wait until they become professionals . Don't know why but I just never cared to watch College Teams play . [8|]

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:31 pm

Finally us buckeye fans had something to cheer about today, with the return of Beanie Wells and a win against the gophers.  Looking forward to next week when we play wisconsin.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:33 pm

I like to watch the badgers play while killing time before I go to the deer stand. But I will not miss time in the stand for a game unless conditions are not right for my set or if the beer is tasting great... Ahh who am I kidding Im from wisconsin the beer is always tasting great..

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:35 pm

OHhunter sure would be nice for the badgers to get a win over you guys maybe this is the year...

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:02 pm

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

I don't watch any college football . i wait until they become professionals . Don't know why but I just never cared to watch College Teams play . [8|]

Fasteddie, you're not missing much. They haven't had college football in NY since Jim Brown left. [:D]

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Missouri Tigers are supposed to be a top 5 team this year. They are doing OK so far, but they will probably fade as the season goes on.
As far as professional teams, the  KC Chiefs are about as sad as it gets.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:25 pm

ORIGINAL: OHhunter

Finally us buckeye fans had something to cheer about today, with the return of Beanie Wells and a win against the gophers.  Looking forward to next week when we play wisconsin.

Ohunter...Wells is something else isn't he?  Has to be one of the most athletic college football players out there!  Anyways, I'm a huge Gophers fan and I think they played pretty well considering.  I believe they were 17.5 pt underdogs.

Next

Return to General Discussions