Hunting on the cheap?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
rthomas4

Re: Hunting on the cheap?

Postby rthomas4 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:52 am

Check out the Sitting Hawk All Terrain Pack Chair. It's not cheap, but from everything I've read and the comments other folks have posted on StuffStuff, and other hunting sites, it's one super good chair and worth the money.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Tue May 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Sitting Hawk Chair. That looks to be just what I'm looking for!

HuntingFool94

Postby HuntingFool94 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:46 am

Millennium products also makes an excellent tree seat - a bit expensive but it is very comfortable. I use this and my own ground blind setup, 3 6 ft metal garden posts - string 4 ft of wire at top between each post and do same at bottom about 1ft above bottom of post (16 ft of wire needed). Then cut strips of camo fabric (see through kind is easy and cheap to find online) about 4 inch widths and tie to wires leaving gaps to shoot through.
Roll up and carry to whatever spot you want to hunt - then open and pound stakes into ground.
This setup is lighter and easier and cheaper than ground blinds, can use in any terrain (ground blinds don't fit everywhere).
also the square ground blinds shape stands out to deer - this setup is less detectible and I have one with green camo, fall camo and snow camo - so I can always blend in - no gaping black holes as with ground blind windows, you can move around behind this screen without being detected.
Also do not have to worry about it being stolen. I lost 5 ground blinds one year and that is what got me started doing this.
another money saver for me is scent oils - they can be found on trapping web sites and usually only cost a couple bucks - get some in pine or cedar - i put it on a gun cleaning pad and just rub on boots and then blind or stand or nearby trees - very effective cover scent and much cheaper than the spray on stuff.
"don't stink, don't move, don't make noise"

Previous

Return to General Discussions