Why did you join the D&DH forums?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Everyday Hunter

Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:32 am

This question may have come up in the past, but in case it hasn't I'm curious about the various reasons why our members here have joined this forum. I have a few reasons, and one of them is in the words I post at the bottom of each of my newspaper columns:
[size="2"]When "The Everyday Hunter" isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting. If you want to tell him exactly where your favorite hunting spot is, contact him at....[/size]

Being here is one more way to do everything except hunt: think about it, talk about it, dream about it, write about it, and wish I were doing it. Add to that, learn more about it, and help others to learn.

I have a couple of other reasons which I'll add later.

Steve

Woods Walker

RE: Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:42 am

Because it's a lot cheaper, healthier, safer, and easier on the marraige than going to a bar to talk and hang out with like-minded individuals!

(Not to mention no fistfights.........[:D] )
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:38 am

I came over here, because I've always enjoyed the magazine.  I figured I might be able to rub elbows with some of the experts.  The next thing I knew I was a pro-staffer. 
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:07 am

First of all, it's nice to know there are so many others out there as crazy about deer and deer hunting as myself.

I love learning from "y'all" and sharing my input as well.  It's great to see what is happening all over the country....the debates....the stories....and of course....the pics!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:12 am

LOL, what Woods Walker said holds some truth that's for sure!

The forum for me is truly about learning and talking to like minded individuals.  After finding the D&DH forum I also found a local hunting forum and between the two I learn a ton and have a great group of people to learn from and bounce ideas off.  Now when I think about a major purchase for hunting equipment I check with the forum guys first to see what the overall opinion is on the product I'm about to buy.  I save money this way by learning you don't always have to by the most expensive item to get good quality.

I found my way here after subscribing to D&DH and I've been addicted since!  I agree with what the Everyday Hunter said too, I think about hunting just about every day of my life!  Some people think I'm crazy, even some who like to "call themselves" hunters! 
[font=calibri] [/font]

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:19 am

You hit the nail on the head Patriot, plus it fills in alot of downtime here at work. I can't do alot right now with this beautiful weather!

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:29 am

i joined this forum for the chance to talk about hunting. i talk about it with my brother, but we usually have the same ole stuff to say. and the wife doesnt even want to smell me talking about hunting, so no luck there. its nice to have discussion with like minded people about hunting, learn from others, and add my own thoughts that might help someone else out. once i started, it was hard to stop. i see the same group of names in every thread day in and day out, its like a little community, its cool.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:45 pm

I did it for the ladies[:D]

Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

want2hunt

Postby want2hunt » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Most of my friends don't hunt so it's tough to get a good hunting conversation going with them. It seems just a little bit easier here.

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:00 pm

I watched my first episode of D&DH last year and have been hooked ever since.  Magazine, videos, and this website have been a tremendous help in improving my knowledge of the whitetail.  The information provided in the TV shows, videos, mags, and on here is second to none! 
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

Next

Return to General Discussions