Why did you join the D&DH forums?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
coach

RE: Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby coach » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:41 pm

REF.....Northern Ontario.
Wow....I'm so happy.  I'm not the only Canadian Heh ?
Gald to have you aboard.
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Sam Menard

Postby Sam Menard » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:50 am

I'm from Northern Ontario as well.  I've been a faithfull reader of DDH for over 10 years and joining the Forum seemed like a logical extension of DDH to be a part of.  I've visited the site on and off for over a year, but it just seems like recently that discussions have taken off.

I am a deer hunting enthusiast and it's nice to see a forum that is centered on deer hunting.  I belong to a handfull of other forums, but deer hunting on those is just one of several topics.

Sam 
"The true hunter counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport."

Dr. Saxton Pope

MHHC S. IL

Postby MHHC S. IL » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 am

I enjoy being surrounded (even if it's virtual) by people that have the same obsession as me, as well as being able to ask questions knowing there will be genuine responses that speak from everyone's personal experience.  Also, I started getting the magazine a few months back and dropped two other subscriptions after I read the first issue I got!  From there, joining the forum was just a given.
LIVE AT FULL DRAW

Adam C

Postby Adam C » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:52 am

To see pictures & hear stories from real everyday hunters, hunting success & what tactics were used, if any. Not to read a bunch of blowhards trying to out-technical one another. Lets all be real people.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:57 am

ORIGINAL: Adam C

To see pictures & hear stories from real everyday hunters, hunting success & what tactics were used, if any. Not to read a bunch of blowhards trying to out-technical one another. Lets all be real people.
Couldn't have said it better myself!  BTW, Welcome to the forums! Feel free to post your pictures and stories! 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

MT_Bowhunter

Postby MT_Bowhunter » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:43 am

I came over here because I found the link inside of my 2007 Mathews Annual Bowhunting Whitetails, and was looking for more information.  I discovered that Deer and Deerhunting publishes this and was looking for more issues, like the 2008 and when the 2009 is coming out.

It led me to this forum, I love whitetail hunting, heck on other forum boards I go by Whitetail Freak Hunter and also run my camospace.com under that same name, see signuature.  I usually always tag out on my whitetail deer hunting.

I think about hunting deer, and vision when I practice with my bow, that I am hunting and have just hit the kill zone when hitting the bullseye of a 5 spot target.  I only like watching bowhunting shows, and really hunting deer with a little elk thrown in with maybe some carabou too.  If the hunting shows are not on, I'm putting in a DVD that is totally bowhunting whitetails.

Did I say I love to hunt whitetails?

BTW - Awesome forum we got here!
"Bowhunting is like golf, you just can't use one club"

2 Tim 2:22 - Philipians 4:13

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:37 pm

I have been reading Deer and Deer Hunting for several years and when they started their Web Site I just had to join and talk with everyone that shared the same passion of Deer Hunting as myself.Their photo's simply astound me on how beautiful a Deer can be especially when jumping,eating or simply being the awesome animals that they are.I've learned a lot from everyone on here and hope that I can contribute what I have learned over the years of hunting with Friends and Family! [:D]

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:19 pm

My wife and kids were tired of hearing my hunting stories.  Now its ya'lls turn.  Been subscribing to the magazine for like 12 years...It was a natural transition.
May God Bless You As He Has Me

wordbird

Postby wordbird » Fri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm

I've been reading the magazine for years and after seeing some of the posts listed in the mag, I decided to check it out. I've been absent during turkey season but as the fall nears, I'll be checking in more often.
"The trophy is in the eye of the beholder."

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Fri May 29, 2009 7:36 am

I think I picked up my first issue of D&DH sometime in the 80's when I was a fledgling hunter. Bar none, hands down, THE MOST informative magazine I have ever read and it doesnt hurt its my favorite subject! [;)] Just took alittle time for me to find this gem (people with my sickness!) I have to say interaction with people of (generally speaking) like mind can only expand ones knowledge of the one thing that makes us all tick. I think I love you guys...[:(][:D]
Venison - the other red meat

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions