Why did you join the D&DH forums?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
cdn1

RE: Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby cdn1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Same reasons as most have posted. The opportunity to talk to like minded people that are passionate about this crazy obsession we call deer hunting. The opportunity to learn , teach and share in others hunting experiences. My family says I'm obsessed, I think I might just be. I take some comfort in knowing the others are infected just as badly as I am.
Enjoy the fever ain't nothing like it!
Cdn1 

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:44 pm

I recently read that Ontario has over 25% of the world's fresh water, can that be true? I have hunted your neighbor to the west several times, however more and more hunters from around here are headed to Ontario. What's your take on visitors from the south hunting in Ontario? Always good to hear from our friendly neighbors to the NORT,eh?

cdn1

Postby cdn1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi Lon I know that you were asking Sam but i live in southern Ontario so I figured... I think that us Ontarians are all good with americans huntin up here. I know that I am, come on up have a beer (real beer) watch the hockey game and shoot a deer sounds like a good way to spend a week in the fall.  You might need guides in some managemnet units and you may need paperwork for the firearms. But it isn't to tough to get here. My brother lives in MI , he comes most years and there is nowhere near the hunter numbers here as the states.
Cdn1

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:56 pm

cdn1, Ontario is as close to "God's" Country as one can get. I have fished your waters for many yaers and for this I can't Thank You enough! I have crossed into Saskatchewan several times and as long as I show them my Ca safety class card and that my gun is registered in Ca I have no problems what so ever! I love the Great White North and hope to make a few more trips there before I am all done, eh(?) !!!!

proc

Postby proc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:13 am

I used to get the magazine but never got much time to read it, now I am retired I will have to get it again. I have found I am a whitetail fanatic.  I am alway's looking for information about deer hunting, the more I know ,the better I get ,the bigger the deer , right?I am also here to ask a question,Have you ever used a "HUMAN" decoy in your blind ,or know someone who has?       Proc

forddeerslayer

Postby forddeerslayer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:19 am

i love the magazine been getting for only a year and i knew the magazine was for more then you average deer hunter.  it is for a whitetail freaks.  so i figured the forum was likewise.  and it sure is.  great forum.  even better magazine.  both are full of great info.

proc

Postby proc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:30 am

I will have to say that I am also here to promote my new product that I make

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:12 am

Welcome to the D&DH forums, proc. I checked your profile to see if there was a clue about your screen name. I was thinking you might be a proctologist. Fortunately, that's apparently not the origin of your name.

So, what's your new product? Is it a human decoy? I've never used one of those, but I've heard of people who have tried putting clothing in a treestand, or a dummy. (There is often a dummy in my treestands, but only when I'm there.)

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:38 am

I joined because I've been reading the magazine about four years now.I just wish they would understand there ARE deer in the south.

JW

Postby JW » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:55 pm

I joined the Turkey & Turkey Hunting forum a while back and have enjoyed it immensely. Had a lot good conversations and gained a lot of insight into the "obsession".

Well, now it's almost deer season and here I am.

Jason

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions