Show suggestions???

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
otwitw

Show suggestions???

Postby otwitw » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Here are links to some of my tv show episodes here in oklahoma. Some of you may have seen them before, but i would like you to take a look at them and let me know what you think of them, what i need to change, do better, or even new suggestions. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

TUBE FISHING FOR BASS
http://www.myoutdoortv.com/pdk/web/single_embed.html?autoPlay=true&videoURL=8fLrWFoIzuofZW3UhB0S5yX4D42hkd8K

PREDATOR HUNTING
http://www.myoutdoortv.com/pdk/web/single_embed.html?autoPlay=true&videoURL=fC7bjx_rGj3HLZqksA0c4rRyjPIe39S8

BOWFISHING
http://www.myoutdoortv.com/pdk/web/single_embed.html?autoPlay=true&videoURL=wq6Isf38XC2Tc5JLwX_1k2wRvtrrkndp
->>>----------->

howhill1

RE: Show suggestions???

Postby howhill1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:22 pm

very well done. i wish we had somthing like this for my area. if i was in oklahoma id definitly tune in.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:53 am

One guy told me ( How bout a OLDTIMER segment ) 
I thouht that might be pretty cool to have an oldtimer talk about whats change when they were younger and now.  change in strategy, equipment.......
Any other suggestions?
->>>----------->

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:45 pm

bow fishing, now thats a lotta fun! We do it with recurves
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:40 pm

Yea im going to get a recurve before next summer.
->>>----------->

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:47 pm

Very nice!!  I always love the kids shows.  Have you thought about doing a reality show?  Not like the ones everyone else does, but one showing these kids going to school, mowing the yard, taking out the trash?  Letting all the kids that watch their favorite child hunters being the same as all the kids watching the show?  Not exiciting, but I could see me telling young ones just how much the same they are compared to the guys on the show, and how they could do the same things they see when your stars are hunting.  I dont mean an entire show, just a small segment letting the young viewers realize that tv heros are the same as they are and that the young viewer can also go bowfishing and get the same results.  Maybe you have thought about this or already done it.  Maybe this does not appeal to you or tv.  Anyway, I am impressed.  Maybe you could get a regular spot on the net and all of us that would like to see more could tune in.  If we can already do this please let me know where to go and I will be watching.  Thanks for sharing and wish you lots of success.  Panman

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:35 pm

Thank you Panman.  It really feels great to hear the response of viewers like you.

If you didnt realize already, I am Cody the host of the the show. I'm 16 years old and this is my dream.
My contract for this show is up in two years from now, but as soon as I am done with college I'm going to start my own show with my brother. We already have our own business (Metzger Outdoors). We make dvds. This is our first real year of doing it so we are just getting started but i believe we will be successfull. Some of the footage in my show (On the Water & In the Woods) is acctully filmed by my brother and I. The producer liked it enough to use it on tv.

Anyways, back to the suggestion.  I think that is a great idea to include everyday life of me. Does anyone else like this idea???  Do any of you all have kids?? If so, let them watch and see what they get out of it and see if they have any suggestions. The whole point of the show is to get kids involved in the outdoors. I've said before if i can get one kid interested in what i do, every week, I'm doing what i believe is my job.

myoutdoortv.com is the website with my show. Just go down to the show called Reviving the Outdoors with Cody and Cody and you will find me.
->>>----------->

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:23 am

Anything else?
->>>----------->

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:37 am

It would be nice to see some shows about how to set up a ladder stand,climbing stand,and a hang-on stand and how to go about being safe while doing it,safety harness use and different types,where to set up in a good location,trimming shooting lanes and so on.Shows on different trail camera's,food plots,choosing a Bow or Rifle for a Young Youth Hunter,differnet camo and hunting gear that is affordable and proven to work while hunting. 

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:50 am

GTOHunter thanks for the input. I think the hanging a treestand and cutting shooting lanes would be great. Deer season is coming up so i can do that. I still have a couple trees to do.

Now the thing about gear you have to be real carefull. Because it starts getting hard to say thing when it comes to sponsors.  But i could talk about making sure a kid has equipment and a weapon they are comfortable with.

Thanks again, and keep it coming!!!
->>>----------->

Next

Return to General Discussions