Show suggestions???

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

RE: Show suggestions???

Postby JPH » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:06 pm

I'm a bit of a history buff, so this might only appeal to me but...

I'd like to see a hunt done soley with weapons, clothing and equipment that would have been available to the frontiersmen in your region. You could enlist the help of an historian who could explain everything and keep the hunt authentic.

Not only would it be intreasting, but it would lend a greater appreciation for how good we have it today. Given a twist like that, the hunt could be very entertaining, even without big buck hype.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:12 pm

Another idea for a segemnt would be to have a trainer, who knows a thing or two about hunting, show some fitness tips. I've gone on record before as believeing that fitness is one of the most overlooked aspects of hunter success and safety.

Now that I think about it, I should be pitching this idea to D&DH TV with myself as the trainer in question. If only I were better looking! [:D]

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:22 pm

great ideas jph. i remeber a show that used be on tnn years ago wher the host hunted buffalo in the snow by all traditional means. very cool.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:23 pm

maybe they'll let you where a face mask or something LOL.........
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:11 am

Otwitw....I see your point about using the different equipment and it interfering with showing favoritism to certain Sponsorship.Now a days all the Hunting Shows are pushing their products so much that we miss out on whats really important. [;)]

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:20 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

Another idea for a segemnt would be to have a trainer, who knows a thing or two about hunting, show some fitness tips. I've gone on record before as believeing that fitness is one of the most overlooked aspects of hunter success and safety.

Now that I think about it, I should be pitching this idea to D&DH TV with myself as the trainer in question. If only I were better looking! [:D]

You know what? I sat around thinking about this today and fired off an e-mail re. this idea. Stranger things have happened.

I just hope I don't have to wax my chest....or anything else.

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Yeah GTOHunter, but i like to use what i like to use.  You know, i dont want to use something just because they want to sponsor me.   I like the sponsors i have, and like to use thier products.  I still use name brand thing, but just dont point them out or put the spotlight on them for say.
->>>----------->

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Here are a couple ideas for shows this fall.

1) I've got an old fixed Russian rifle that has a fixed front sight and a back sight that doesn't adjust left to right. I don't use it since it is over 8" off at 50 yards. You might explore the topic of how to modify rifle sights or have a gun smith do it. Some might find it interesting.

2) A "How To" show for safely setting up a hang on treestand. One of the tips that I would have for you is to: first:use a rachet strap around the tree and above where you want to hang the stand, second: slip a rope through the strap, 3rd: lift the treestand up with one hand and pull down with the other. It works great for getting it in place safely.
From those who much is given, much is expected

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Thats a great tip about hanging stand. I think i will do something like that.
->>>----------->

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:40 pm

You know what? I sat around thinking about this today and fired off an e-mail re. this idea. Stranger things have happened.

I just hope I don't have to wax my chest....or anything else.

oooouuucccchhhhhhh[&:] 

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions