"mountain bike"

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
mag30079

"mountain bike"

Postby mag30079 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:56 am

Does anyone use a mountain bike to get to those real far spots of the road? I've been looking at cheap bikes I could weld some brackets on for my tree stand and equipment. I think this would be a fast way to get back there with out sweating up a storm.

Any thought

bckklr

RE: "mountain bike"

Postby bckklr » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:18 am

ive been using one for the last 5 years mainly for turkeys but occasionaly for deer i picked mine up @ goodwill for 10$ i work @ a weld shop so ive made some mods to hold my gun & stuff it works great we have a mngmnt area here in tn that in turk season they block off most of the roads so you have to hike in but not me i ride yeah you might have to push it up a hill sometimes but i can cover twice as much land twice as quick ive never seen anyone else do it but it is a great way to hunt especialy for turkeys you can here them gobble while riding & it doesnt seem to spook game as bad as walkin they look @ ya like what the... is that i guess the sound of the tires doesnt sound like a man walkin & your outline i guess looks different to them i ride up on both deer & turkeys quite often yard sales would be another place to look for a cheap bike
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Growing up, before I had my drivers license I rode my bike for everything including hunting. I didn't have the fancy stuff to carry, just my gun and some ammo. I had a neighbor that lived 1/2 mile away that I fished with a lot. We hit every pond within a 5 mile radius on our bikes.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:37 pm

we had a guy at work who made a small trailer to drag behind his mountain bike.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:56 pm

It sounds like a great idea!

Just promise that we'll never have to see you in those little shorts.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:16 pm

wonder if those come in mossy oak[;)]
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:22 pm

ORIGINAL: howhill1

wonder if those come in mossy oak[;)]

No chance, because if they did I would have already seen them in some of the places I hang out. Most likely on an oveweight woman in a tube-top and a Mulburro hanging loosly from her mouth.

(Shiver)

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:26 pm

thanks for that visual ....appreciate it[&:]

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:35 pm

ORIGINAL: howhill1

thanks for that visual ....appreciate it[&:]

I've got a million of 'em. Trust me, you don't want to spend much time in my head.

Mag30079, I am very sorry for what I have done to your thread. Mountain Bike! Please continue.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:42 pm

No big deal you guys are funny.

I got the idea from some white tail show, can't remember which one theres a lot of shows. This guy from Wisconsin, he was the one that started Lone wolf tree stand co. He was useing one. It looked like a great idea.

Glad to see some taking advantage of this.

Next

Return to General Discussions