Video: Sniper Makes 950-Yard Shot On a Deer!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JPH

RE: Video: Sniper Makes 950-Yard Shot On a Deer!

Postby JPH » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:18 am

ORIGINAL: gutpile
I read other post buy you guys like stick up for all gun owners, then I read where one of ya says baiting is wrong then tells another what he does with his food plot, and feeder..Do you remember the clinton gun ban, I do I bet you were against that. Well you should look at hunting the same, you may not like it you may not do it but why give the anti's any juice...

If you can find one post where I have called for a ban on ANY current, legal method of hunting - I will post a formal apology and leave this forum forever!

While I have expressed that some of these things are not for me, I have never advocated banning them. To tell you the truth, I disagree with those who want to enact laws that stop enclosures, dogging, baiting, etc. baised on ethical grounds. But I can disagree with them respectfully, and I support their right to say what is on their mind.

Once again, I do not like bullys. And in my opinion, there are too many of them hanging around here. This thread stopped being productive about three pages ago. I'm out.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:49 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

I read other post buy you guys like stick up for all gun owners, then I read where one of ya says baiting is wrong then tells another what he does with his food plot, and feeder..Do you remember the clinton gun ban, I do I bet you were against that. Well you should look at hunting the same, you may not like it you may not do it but why give the anti's any juice...

If you can find one post where I have called for a ban on ANY current, legal method of hunting - I will post a formal apology and leave this forum forever!

While I have expressed that some of these things are not for me, I have never advocated banning them. To tell you the truth, I disagree with those who want to enact laws that stop enclosures, dogging, baiting, etc. baised on ethical grounds. But I can disagree with them respectfully, and I support their right to say what is on their mind.

Once again, I do not like bullys. And in my opinion, there are too many of them hanging around here. This thread stopped being productive about three pages ago. I'm out.

You`ve just run out the most decent, fair guy I know.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:44 pm

Sorry if my debate seems like i am attacking ya, I have lost a way of hunting that I dearly loved..Think about not being able to hunt deer because the public voted to ban it...And then they hire profesional hunters to come and kill the many deer that have done crop damage...Well in washington state they banned bear hunting, with baiting and hounds, but allowed the timber companies to hire hunters to kill bears with hounds and baiting, I was part of it for 4 years but I felt guilty I could hunt and many of my friends couldn't. So I get a little excited when I talk about hunting bans, I am sorry if you think I was attacking you or calling you a liar...again I do appologies...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:46 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

You`ve just run out the most decent, fair guy I know.

JPH didn't run me out...lol
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:55 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

If the hunt comes down to 950 yard shots, I'll hang up my gear for good.  

Sweet!  One down, a few hundred thousand to go.
Every step gets us closer

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:57 pm

ORIGINAL: shadow

...however taking a snipers shot at game, at 1/2 mile even if trained for it should not be done, and I guess probably should be illegal.

I whole heartedly agree.

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:59 pm

ORIGINAL: howhill1

is this a hunt?

You're right, it's not.  How unethical can some people be?

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:01 pm

First of all people seem to forget we kill animals

We don't forget, murderers.

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:02 pm

ORIGINAL: vambo991
call it what it is... and it aint hunting...

I agree.

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:11 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

Hunting with dogs is the same deal, legal or not.  I could see hunting dog's for ferrel hog's, or yotes, but a deer..common give me a break here. The dog is doing all the work ,its dog's running and killing deer,

You use dogs to "hunt" hogs and "yotes"? (they have a name, please call the COyotes)  Why do you need dogs?  Can you not murder them yourself?  Why do you need to scare the crap out of them before you slaughter them?  Isn't a bloody bullet bad enough?

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions