Video: Sniper Makes 950-Yard Shot On a Deer!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
PETA

RE: Video: Sniper Makes 950-Yard Shot On a Deer!

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:17 pm

ORIGINAL: shadow

I still feel that was not hunting.

Does anyone that lives in deer country open the back door of their house when deer are in their yard 50 feet away or so and fill their tags?  Probably not its to easy.  Its exacatly the same thing with these snipers, they had glassed up an unsuspecting animal 1/2 mile away in the animals enviorment, oblivious to the danger ONE HALF MILE AWAY....and sure, the men are trained.  Easy shot.. Yeah what a great hunt.

Get close to the game your after.

And what about the poor helpless creature of God 10 yards away who is also oblivious to your danger because you have scent-lock on or have rubbed deer urine on your skin so as to not detect you?  I don't see a difference.
Every step gets us closer

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:29 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer
You want to talk about it on a national forum, then cry about people getting a bad image about hunting. I got news for you ..your the worst thing to happen to hunters in the fight against controlled hunting laws, just by opening your mouth.  Be a man, stopping ruining this sport

Well, I got news for you.  ALL hunting is a bad image. 

Don't you remember Bambi's mom?  Animals have rights too!  Don't try to sell us with population control gimicks or necessity to sustain life arguements that have all been defeated in proper vegetarian lifestyle studies. 

It will be great day when this "sport" is ruined forever.  Hunters are a barbaric, unsophiticated relic from the past.  The sooner they are outlawed the better.

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:34 pm

ORIGINAL: Hunt4life

Using dogs to hunt and kill upland game birds and bunnies is perfectly OK but using hounds to "harass" (as one person put it) other animals is not hunting and therefore unethical? How can there be an intellectual argument to support this blatant, harmful and ridiculously hypocritical notion? The public aint stupid, yer going to get us killed out there thinking like this.

My point exactly!

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:41 pm

I do not care if your he last hunter on earth,or where your from, deer hunting is not about "killing" its about hunting, thats why we call it "deer hunting".  I WILL NOT CONDONE DOGGING DEER!  I WILL NOT CONDONE 1000 YARD SHOTS!    

Thank you.  [:D]  We all here at PETA thank you for making your stand against the horrible enethical hunter.

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:49 pm

This debate is rediculous and I'm sorry I ever got involved with my opinion in the first place.

Please don't be sorry, your webwide opinion will certainly not be in waste.  Thank you for being brave enough to stand up to these neanderthals.

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:53 pm

I also de-nounce my support for Ted Nugent

Good for you!

That exteremist redneck is so lost in his 1950's ways.  The more people that think like you, the more precious animals we have on this planet.

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:00 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

ORIGINAL: gutpile

ORIGINAL: hunter480

[quote]ORIGINAL: Hunt4life

Cannibals and useful idiots
By John Wasmuth

The following is real, and it's here.

Joe Hunter goes to a cocktail party, nothing fancy, just a holiday gathering in Anytown, USA.  A conversation begins with Bob Peta, it goes something like this:

"Say Joe, didn't you go deer hunting this year."

"Sure did Bob."

"Man that's, uh, great, did you get one?"

"Yep, sure did, nice 6 point."

"Uh, wow, hey that's great. Say listen Joe, yer a true hunter, a "Real" hunter are you not?"

"Yes, I sure am."

"Say, I hear tell of a kinda huntin where people can go and kill animals in fenced in areas. You've never done that have you?"

"No, no I haven't."

"Well I wouldn't call that "real" hunting, would you Joe."

"Well, that's not the way I hunt."

"I know Joe, but there are people that hunt in fenced areas, I don't think that's "Really" hunting, do you Joe?"

"Well, uh, I guess not."

"Great, say listen Joe, a bunch of us concerned "Real" hunters are trying to get that done away with, we feel that it is unethical. Will you help us Joe?"

"Well sure, because that's not the way I hunt, and I am a "Real" hunter."

"Say thanks Joe; here is what we need you to do. As a "real" hunter, the big boys in the senate and congress will listen to you; they know that any "Real" hunter only hunts the way you do, and that's the only "Real" hunting there is. So what we need you to do is get out there and get petitions signed, people will sign them because you are a "Real" hunter and know that only your way of hunting is the "Real" way."

So Joe diligently goes after the goal, to ban and outlaw any kind of hunting that Bob suggests is not "Real" hunting. He gathers signatures, petitions courts, makes meetings, he is really cleaning up this "unethical" way of hunting. Hell, he's got a lot of support. He's gathering "Real" hunters from all over, and finally, after much hard work, they get a legal way of hunting banned.

"Joe, you did great and we sure appreciate your hard work, but hey, let me tell you what I heard about. There is another kind of hunting "We" think is not right. Do you think you can help us?"

"Well, I guess so Bob, I don't hunt like that, so it's not "Real" hunting. How can I help?"

"Well, here is what we need..." and it's the same story.

Odd how Bob seems to keep adding onto the list of what "Real" hunting is, but Joe goes at it hard and heavy, and in the end, he gets that type of legal hunting banned. Bob and his "Friends" are happy.

Joe's a "Real" hunter after all, and these other guy's, well, they are not, because the way they hunt is different from Joe, and Joe does not like that type of hunting, so what's the harm in getting rid of it?

Joe's a "Real" hunter you know. Not like those other guys. He even goes to Sportsman's organizations and recruits from within, it's easy because there are a lot of "Real" hunters there.

Time passes and more and more legal forms of hunting are banned. Bob and his "friends" are happy with Joe. He's been a big help. After it's all just about gone, Bob and his "friends" decide that it is time to get Joe's way of hunting banned, the final chapter.

"Bob, uh, hey buddy, this is Joe. I know I helped you get rid of all those other forms of legal hunting, but now there is a move to get rid of the way I hunt."

"Well Joe, I know. My "friends" and I are spearheading that."

"But Bob, I thought you liked the way I hunt, that it was ok for me to do the type of hunting I do."

"Well Joe, no, any and all types of hunting are bad, the poor defenseless animals never have a chance, and we dislike, actually hate hunters."

"But I thought the way I hunted was "Real" hunting to you."

"Hell Joe, it was all " Real" hunting, but we at PETA and HSUS Hate you, but thanks for all your help, we really appreciate it."

You see, what Joe became was a "Cannibal". A "Useful Idiot" to the anti's and PETA. They don't give a rat's backside how you hunt, what you hunt, or when you hunt. They just want all hunting done away with. They use hunters against hunters to gain support for their "Causes".

If you do not support any and all forms of legal hunting, and decide to pick and chose the ones you like and dislike, and voice any decent about the way someone else legally hunts, you are in fact, a "Cannibal" and a very very "Useful Idiot" for the enemy. There are plants even within the sacred walls of your favorite Sportsman's organizations. Route them out, expose them, and rid the board of them. Hunting's future depends upon it.

A whole lot of running off at the mouth to say nothing useful.

For starters, you`re simply spewing the ol` Nugent mantra, of the ol`, gonzo, spirit of the wild, pure protein backstrap, nonsense of, DO NOT talk down ANYTHING another "hunter" does. That`s complete garbage. Per your example, shooting deer, NOT hunting, but, shooting deer in an enclosure is a crock. uncle ted does it, as well as shooting deer in an enclosure over bait, and I take exception to that. I WILL NOT condone it, will not accept it, will not side with it to avoid appearing to side with the anti`s. Period. Some forms of "hunting" are wrong-no explanations needed, no apologies forthcoming.

To the point of this entire thread-the sniper shooting the deer at nearly 1000 yards-I`m not sure why the editors ever had this here. This is a hunting site, NOT an extreme shooting site. Killing any animal at 1000 yards IS NOT hunting. Regardless of the ethics, or lack thereof, involved, it`s simply a circus act, nothing more, nothing less. The danger lies in the fact that, some nimrod, bubba, "hunters" will try to mimic what a military trained marksman did. And why he did that is as far beyond me as the reason for the editors ever placing that story here in the first place.

Certainly, to SOME extent, the ethics of the hunt are dependent on the hunter. But there still are many ethics that are universal. Guys who truly hunt fair chase understand that the "situational ethics" that are so popular today are NOT the driving force for the one`s who truly hunt within the "spirit" of fair chase.

uncle ted, and all like him, are whores of the hunt, who would entice you, if only they could, to embrace any and all "hunting" forms. That would include hunting in play pens, hunting over bait, and the like. If your ethics are on a sliding scale, good for you, go for it. You`re a common man among today`s men. If your ethics aren`t on the sliding scale, and you stand for something that is immovable, good for you. We`re kindred spirits.

This discussion has become long winded and dull.

Hunting bans happen incrementally because of people like you and your ilk......NEXT!!!!

You have a lot of nerve to say that because I stand for something, and against things I feel are harmful to what I love, that I am contributing to the anti`s.
YOU are part of the problem-YOU will accept anything, anyone else "calls" hunting. Learn to think for yourself instead of being a sheep.
[/quote]

That's it..the sheep reference...that always get them.  You are right, their form of hunting is unethical.  Yours is ok...

PETA

Postby PETA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:14 pm

I'dont care who or what you quote, it's not changng my mind about dogging deer. ..I don't need to be brain washed into being a doomsayer. I go into the woods to enjoy the woods. Some people have values, and don't want to see a few hunters make the rest of us look bad.         I have seen dogging in action, I think its great...for hogs,and coons.  You have failed miserably at turning me into a Ted Nugent Zombie.

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate that.  I'm so thankful that you can't be brainwashed into what the other murderers do.  You give us hope.  I have hope for you.

Soon you'll realize that dogs aren't suitable to hunt any creature...and after that; no creatures are suitable to hunt.

God bless you.  I have found an ally amongst hostilty.  This is so wonderful!  [:D]

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Mr. Peta, rest assured I won't be brain washed by you or any other wacko exstremist on this forum. Hunting isn't coming down to only  900 yard shots, until atleast the year 2050 so don't take what I say out of context. By then we will have guns that we can shoot from our living room dens, and kill any animal we pick in another state,with out risking wounded game. Oh my ,wait we already do that in Tx. , add that to the list of unethical scumbag methods of hunting. Add on trail cams that email pic's to your lab top while we are hunting too.  Your very welcome, for stating the fact that not all hunters are unethical, game murdering psysco exstremists.  I'm glad that some of the people in your org. have more sense than the nuckle heads that post here about using methods of hunting that degrade and demean my ethical hunting brothers new age heritage. Just remember this peta and your kind will never stop all forms of hunting as you so wish,even bet your life on it. Your way out numbered by people that could care less if a animal is hunted or killed ethicaly. Just look into your own org, you will find your people, killing hundreds of thousands of shelterd pets , that your swore to keep safe. Doe population control is viable source of game management, and without it ther would be no deer for you to whine about getting killed. Would you rather see thousands innocent people die in deer auto collisions than keep herd numbers controlled? Would you rather see farmers go broke trying to grow crops that deer eat to the ground every spring,and fall? While I may never hunt unethical, do not for one second think ,that I will not hunt with ethics for the rest of my life, regardless of what any pencil pushing pantie waist says I should do. Someday you will "realize" your staring down the barrel of my 20 gauge.                                                                                            Now that you have posted under your new peta nick (I didn't think you could get any lower than the exstremist scum you really are,but you have really amazed me.) I guess we can all see who the wolf in "sheep" clothing really is can't we! You need to grow up ,and stop acting like a cowardly child,and a nut case. You and your unethical exstremist brethren are scum that don't deserve to walk the same woods as we do, or post on this national forum. Your a disgrace to Deer and Deer hunting magazine.  GET A LIFE!    
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 pm

ORIGINAL: PETA

I also de-nounce my support for Ted Nugent

Good for you!

That exteremist redneck is so lost in his 1950's ways.  The more people that think like you, the more precious animals we have on this planet.

In 1950 the populations of deer were so degraded, by unethical poachers,and market hunters, that hunting whitetails in many states, had been outlawed since the late 1800's.   Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it! FREAK!
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions