Video: Sniper Makes 950-Yard Shot On a Deer!

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
gutpile

RE: Video: Sniper Makes 950-Yard Shot On a Deer!

Postby gutpile » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:33 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

Gutpile you call that fair chase? That's a joke..I sure as heck don't rely on dog's to kill deer, or shoot them from the roadside.  Hunt ,what kind of activest are you? I hope to god you don't think your standing up against peta, by hunting 10 doe's from the road...is that even legal in your state? Deer doggers will come up with any reason why dogging should be called hunting,the fact is you enjoy terrorizing and killing deer, and that is not hunting,its slaying. Save your dog's for the hog's, they are a real problem.  I'll never change your mind ,and I don't plan to, it's impossiable.

Hey PETA was wondering if you could help them out and make a video to help ban Legal hunting methods...I bet you hunt food plots, use decoys, bait, and even sit in tree stands to hunt...I know a ton of people here that would call ya joke and say you aint a real hunter, but I won't as I support all means of hunting...
 And you don't hold a candle to what hunt4life does for hunters and gun owners...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:42 am

Gutpile, I don't want to help peta, your helping them yourself just by posting on this public forum about dogging deer.  I have no problem with legal hunting methods, dogging deer is illegal in IL by the way along with road hunting. Hunt4life, You said yourself your road hunting? What are you doing spotting deer from your truck and jumping out and shooting them? Are you doing this at night? Do you have permission to hunt the land? Dogging deer is not hunting and never will be in my "opinion", its deer slaying. I feel dogs should be reserved for hogs, small game, and birds. No one is reading you the riot act, so get over it. Your adding fuel to the anti's fire, by posting stuff like this on a national forum.  Hunt4life, everyone on this forum has acted intelligent and mature thus far, you would know that if you posted on the forums more than 3 times. We have had great discussions on many topic's, and no one else has a beef with any of us here on this forum,as far as I know? My hunting method's are fair chase,and I'm not getting into a fair chase debate with you. By all means I'd like to hear what you've done to battle the anti's?  I am also done with this redundant disscussion, as far as it pertains to dog's and 950 yard shots.   
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Hey eatdeer, why do you keep talking about running deer with dogs where did I ever post about illegal hunting, Cause I never once mentioned hunting deer with dogs, you can't or never could hunt deer with dogs in washington state..I am staunch supporter of any and all legal means of killing animals...If it were legal to run dogs on deer I would support it, as long as it's legal...Remeber there are more ways to hunt than just your way...But if ya think running dogs on game is easy, get ya some hounds and take up bobcat, bear, coon or lion hunting, then come back and tell me how easy it is...

Hunt4life

Postby Hunt4life » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:59 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

I am also done with this redundant disscussion, as far as it pertains to dog's and 950 yard shots.   

Good. Here's my parting shot then...

Great discussions? You telling me and all my houndsmen brethren that we are unethical, not hunters and hurting hunting?  Yeah, great discussion topic. Why dont I just insult your wife and call yer kid ugly and retarded and see how that "discussion" goes lol

No, I didnt say "road hunting" I said "close to the road", in fact I said it twice.

I'll tell ya right now it is people exactly like you that hurt hunting. For some reason you think bending over every time some tofu eating moron whines a little is the way to the future. It's like that nasty "prevent defense" nonsense in football - One major difference tho... there is no time limit in the game we're playin in; keep giving them the short pass and eventually they'll win.

There is no higher ethical ground that killing your own meat during a hunting season. None. And what makes it "right" is doing it humanely and within the law.

I'm a Montanan by birth and upbringing. We used to get loads of doe muley and lope tags and then we'd go put our grubstake up for the year. We went out and killed most of them in the easiest [legal] way possible. So what? It's a controlled hunt, they're management critters, we used legal methods, its not hurting the resource, its helping the resource!.... We're meat hunters first. Ethically killing animals to eat.

The general public has more disdain for "trophy" hunting than it does for meat hunters, btw. A WDFW survey showed that very clearly. Go figger.

Odd. Stickbow shooters will say compounds are unethical, compound shooters will say crossbows arent ethical, many of them will say modern firearm hunters are "slaughters"... I even know pointing dog enthusiasts that look down their noses at houndsmen. This when its more of a sure thing to blast a pheasant on the rise than attempt to catch a bear with hounds. And I know lots of hunters who say trapping is unethical when they dont know the first thing about trapping! Unbelievable.

Ya see, I've been dealing with misdirected folks like you for well over a decade now. Somehow people like you who haven't done a single day of public outreach, never been involved in a political campaign when hunting was under attack, never owned or trained a hound (let alone hunted behind them) somehow know exactly what hunting is, what the public thinks and what it takes to preserve the activity. Nonsense.

The truth is, the antis are leading you around like a bull with a ring in its nose. They say "this" method is bad and you agree, they say its all about giving the game a sporting chance and you say, "I know it is! But those degenerate houndsmen wont listen" (Of course they say that in the morning and in the afternoon they call it all "bloodsport")

I'm going to let you in on a little secret... THEY DONT LIKE ANY HUNTING. IT IS ALL EQUALLY BAD TO THEM. THEY'RE PLAN IS TO INCREMENTALLY KILL IT ALL.

I'll tell you the cold hard truth. You make me sick. To think I could spend 40 years in the field without so much as a warning for violating a law while hunting with virtually every method available and spend 1000's of hours promoting and teaching about the hunting conservationist and have your tell me I'm a slob hunter and helping the antis. 

I kill my own meat and do it more humanely and with more thought, care and reverence than any and every example in nature - I am more respectful of animals than the millions of people who callously toss half a burger in the trash or line up at the supermarket butcher section without so much as a thought about what it took to get that meat to their denial filled hands.  

I can (and have) stood toe to toe with the non-hunting public and explained this to them and guess what? They get it. You wont find me hiding from the truth, you'll find me teaching it. Thats what we need, more teachers, not high and mighty appeasers ready to toss other methods under the bus just because they dont like or understand them. And like I said, that's a losing strategy. Period.

You dont have to like or enjoy every method out there. But when it comes to "hurting hunting by posting on the internet" you should really take a cold hard look at the crack YOU create with this nonsense giving the HSUS et al the op to drive a great big ugly political wedge into.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:11 am

Hmmmm,
Image RE: Ted Nugent!!! - 6/20/2008 5:11:46 AM    Image Image Image showPicture("6/20/2008 5:11:46 AM",0,0,0,863,10)Image EatDeer
titleAndStar(91,0,false,false,"","")Super Member

[align=center]Image[/align]
Status: offline Image THANK YOU!  UNCLE TED!  For not adjusting your tie...and telling the anti-hunter's,and peta types where they can stick it!  I'm glad Ted is extreme, when it comes to fighting for our hunting heritage,and gun rights! You my friend are a great man , and very appreciated! RIGHT ON NUGENT! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

< Message edited by EatDeer -- 6/20/2008 5:13:50 AM >

RE: Ted Nugent!!! - 6/24/2008 2:32:28 AM    Image Image Image showPicture("6/24/2008 2:32:28 AM",0,0,0,863,10)Image EatDeer
titleAndStar(91,0,false,false,"","")Super Member

[align=center]Image[/align]
Status: offline Image I agree Ted Nugent is a man among men. I also support the NRA and SCI, both great orgs,in  my opinion. Makes me sick when some so called sportsmen denounce the NRA as no better than the peta and anti-hunter type orgs. Mr. Nugent is on the board of directors for the NRA until 2010 by the way. I support hunters that lead the fight for our hunting ,and gun ownership rights of future generations.

< Message edited by EatDeer -- 6/24/2008 2:35:43 AM >

I guess this last quote includeds everyone EXCEPT those like hunt4life.

If it is not your method, fine, don't use it or partake. But to pass judgement on others based on your ethics helps the antis. Let me prove something here; You, gutpile, hunt4life are arguing this on a publicly visible forum. The antis read this and their statistics will relfect that 1/3 of Hunters are against(place method here)when they unleash their propaganda machine. It can naturally be assumed that at least another 1/3 are going to have NO OPINION or lean towards NOT Support. Hence they will spin that 66%, the vast majority of hunters want this method ended.

The guy made an incredible shot that was within his abilities and the ability of his weapon. There is nothing unethical about that. Instead of worrying about what it looks like to the public, which by and large will NEVER even know this shot took place or was ever on film, we have more important things to do in this fight. Hunting with hounds for Mt Lions was eliminated in many areas, particularly California, and human/cat encounters are up dramatically often with the human on the losing end of the deal. The Peregine Fund has been instumental in calling into question the use of lead bullets in hunting, based on an agenda of fear mongering and deciet. For those that are unaware: The Dr. who found all the lead fragments in donated venison sits squarely on the board of directors for the Peregrine Fund, this has in turn has given HSUS "public health" reasons to try to end the most effective hunger fighting program ever instituted. Did I mention this Dr. purports to be a hunter? Did I also mention that Barnes Bullets also has come out AGAINST this Dr. and his "Study" despite the fact that they stand to gain significantly if his agenda is passed?

Better rally with your brothers in arms now,even if "It's not my way", cause you can rest assured when "your way" is under attack(and it will be) those you failed to support will not be there to support you.

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:25 am

Whoh! I have only read the last few posts here. Don't think I can stomach any more than that, so forgive me if I am missing something, but...

Are we saying that if a hunter challenges the ethics of ANY legal hunting method, than they are in league with the antis?

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:25 am

Highlander, Just because I back most of the things Ted says dosn't mean I have to condone dogging deer.  I've used dogs for hunting,rabbit's ,and coons, it isn't my cup of tea,that's my opinion take it for what it's worth.  I am not into hunting deer,cats or bears with dogs,again it's my personal prefrence.  Gutpile, this disscussion has turned to dogging deer if you haven't noticed? I have seen yotes ran all over the country side with dogs, your telling me a deer has a better chance to get away from hunting dog's then a yote? Give me a break, I wasn't born yesterday. There is plenty true sportsmen I can call my brothers, without backing deer doggers. Hunt4life, again your saying close to the road, please elaborate on how you hunt close to the road ethicaly,or within the bounds of fair chase? I belive this country had its fill of "meat hunters" when we outlawed market hunting,and poaching. I don't trophy hunt, I doe hunt,albeit, if a booner walks by, I'll harvest him too. My personal opinion on dogging deer dosn't relate to coon hunting , or what I percieve as public opinion,and the anti's have nothing to do with my opinion on the subject either.  What is clear is the general public dosn't agree with dogging deer anymore than I do. What is a anti battling meat hunting conservationist? What good could possiable come from having you stand up for hunting? How many deer a day are you killing when your dogging them?   P.S. Hunt4life, Bringing personal insults to someone, or thier family ,into a debate like this is one of the most immature actions I have ever witnessed on any forum, I will have no more respect for you, or your idiotic political/hunting campaign propaganda.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:58 am

JPH I am saying why would any hunter help the anti's out and help to get a certain way of huting banned...Go read what highlander archery wrote, as eatdeer has done a wonderful job of not so much as reading and comprehending anything that has been wrote...
And eatdeer why do you continue to  question our "ethics", is ther a certain distance from the road that makes you a more ethical hunter than others... I have and will continue to shoot animals from the road, as we have logging roads that are locked up and can only be accessed via walking, so I have to hike in miles to hunt, is that unethical, do I need to bring a gps and get a certain number of yards or miles from a road...
And do you use any means to conceal yourself from deer as you hunt....
And further more if you think the anti's are gonna use this forum for their agenda they dont need to you are doing a fine job for em, they love division amongst us...

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:00 am

Oh eatdeer I dare ya to go to the Nuge forum and tell him your opinions on hunting I bet ya wouldn't leave to happy...

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:20 am

ORIGINAL: gutpile
JPH I am saying why would any hunter help the anti's out and help to get a certain way of huting banned...

Well I guess that answeres my question. I'm not too inteasted in re-reading posts that are designed to discredit one another. I just wanted to know if I have to support ALL hunting methods, without a second thought or discussion in order to be on the right side.

For the record:
A. I am not in this fight. I just wanted to understand the positions being taken.
B. I do not care what the antis say or think. They are already lost. I am concerned about what the fence sitters think.
C. I believe that an honest dialoge between hunters, re. ethics, is always a good thing. Even if we do not always agree.
D. My position on dogging is that I am gald it is in the South and I am in the North.
E. My position on the sniper shot is that I am gald we have men that can shoot like that defending us. I'm gald he made it home and I hope he never has to take another shot like that in war.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions