How much meat do you have left???

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
DeerCamp

RE: How much meat do you have left???

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:24 am

Sadly I have none left. I start school tomorrow and am getting real hungry here. I wish I shot one more doe to get me through.... Now I gotta spend money going grocery shopping :(
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:55 am

zilch,nada, nothing

When we have venison in the freezer, thats about all we eat. Kids, wife and I all prefer it over greasy beef and pork. We can go thru 3 in about 2 months :(
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:43 am

still got pleanty as i shot 3 deer and only 2 eat it.i have given some to my friend who likes veni,its all sealed up in airtight bags and can last up to 2 yrs im told.this year i may donate some to the hunters for the hungry program
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:58 am

One roast, a couple closely guarded back straps (traditional fare the night before opener is to eat the straps off the last deer taken the year before) about 15lbs of steak and hamburger here and about that at the camp ....it'll all get eaten in September

Oh and one pkg of very closely guarded sausage saving back for a special occasion.....Jalapeno & Cheese  YUM![:D]

Am ready to stick something ----need more sausage and straps!

charger295

Postby charger295 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:30 am

Not much left in the freezer here either!  Am sure ready to kick this season off...and am hoping for a more productive season this year than last.  Am on a different lease this year, so am on the learning curve, but things are looking promising.

Hope all of you have a great season!

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:38 am

for those that have to much, there is always hunters for the hungry...good organization...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 am

ORIGINAL: gutpile

for those that have to much, there is always hunters for the hungry...good organization...
I don't normally have any meat left over, after I take care of my famliy, and friends. If I did I would have no problem with helping out the needy. I have seen where some states are setting up funding to get donated deer processed to feed the needy. I'd like to see that option in every state, I bet the donations would be more, if hunters didnt have to pay for the processing or do it themselves.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:58 am

a couple closely guarded back straps (traditional fare the night before opener is to eat the straps off the last deer taken the year before)

I do the same thing
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:56 am

zilch gave 99% of it to needy families i have a small family of 3 i shoot a small doe (very) for the freezer & all the others are given away
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:38 am

ORIGINAL: gutpile

They won't take it in TN unless it has been precessed by a business.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions