Real doe pee

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

RE: Real doe pee

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:29 am

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

I believe the "Hunter's Specialties" doe pee is artificial and doesn't break down like the real stuff .

Real doe pee should be kept refridgerated .

Any doe pee sold in stores should be dated if the company in any good . I sometimes wonder if some of that stuff might me cow urine !

Cow???  How about PEOPLE!  I can pee in a bottle, and in short course, it will be no different from a deer's, or a dog's or an elephant's. I sometimes envision the rest rooms at the big name lure maker's place with a LOOOOOOOOOONG tube that runs to the bottling rack!

IMO, unless you SEE the urine coming out of the animal and going into the bottle, it can be ANYTHING.

Think about this......

Just how many THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of gallons of "doe-in-heat" urine are are the shelves and catalogs of major sporting good places in a year?

Do you REALLY think that there are that many captive does in existance? Or maybe it's a cloned/hybrid doe herd where each animal is 100 feet tall, and weighs 6000 pounds!

BTW: I bought some "real" doe pee some years back, which I kept refrigerated.......and it was AMBER when it came out of the bottle.  It may just as well have been mine.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:04 am

Years ago, I was still cleaning my muzzleloader barrels with my own urine.  I'd just take it into the shower with me and. . . well, you know.  My buddy who got me into blackpowder said it was the easiest way. I have to admit that it worked like magic.

My other buddy, Hawgy, and I were talking.  I suggested that we go into business and just invite a bunch of guys over and drink beer all day and then mix the resulting effluent with some thickener and put it in a tube. and call it  "  Formula #1, Magic BP Solvent"

It didnt' help any that Hawgy was a recovering alcoholic and couldn't go near beer, and I was allergic to beer and could not drink it.   We didn't pursue the project much past that initial planning session.

Although it works as a decent BP solvent, I would not recommend it.  I left the breech plug and about 6 inches of barrel in it for about 15 minutes one day to answer the phone.  When I got back, I had cleaned the barrel down to the shine, and I had to re-blue the whole thing.  Nowadays, I use a recipe of  Hydrogen Peroxide, Simple Green, and Murphy's Oil Soap.  It's a little harder to mix, but much gentler on the rich plum brown finish.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:09 am

ORIGINAL: shaman

Years ago, I was still cleaning my muzzleloader barrels with my own urine.  I'd just take it into the shower with me and. . . well, you know.  My buddy who got me into blackpowder said it was the easiest way. I have to admit that it worked like magic.

My other buddy, Hawgy, and I were talking.  I suggested that we go into business and just invite a bunch of guys over and drink beer all day and then mix the resulting effluent with some thickener and put it in a tube. and call it  "  Formula #1, Magic BP Solvent"

It didnt' help any that Hawgy was a recovering alcoholic and couldn't go near beer, and I was allergic to beer and could not drink it.   We didn't pursue the project much past that initial planning session.

Although it works as a decent BP solvent, I would not recommend it.  I left the breech plug and about 6 inches of barrel in it for about 15 minutes one day to answer the phone.  When I got back, I had cleaned the barrel down to the shine, and I had to re-blue the whole thing.  Nowadays, I use a recipe of  Hydrogen Peroxide, Simple Green, and Murphy's Oil Soap.  It's a little harder to mix, but much gentler on the rich plum brown finish.

Well it probably is, but I'll bet you miss those long, hot, showers.....just you and your muzzleloader.....

It's a blackpowder thing....you other shooters wouldn't understand......[:D]

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:55 pm

lol, Cows love to work a mock scrape with deer urine in it. Makes you wonder if deer can tell the diffrence between cow and deer urines?
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Is it just me, or is it deer HUNTERS that are attracted to human pee??!!!  LOL Just a recent observation.  PanmanImage
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

Previous

Return to General Discussions