Scent for Scrapes

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

RE: Scent for Scrapes

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:15 am

ORIGINAL: shaman

I second what Woods Walker said.    You got what the bucks want.  I used to ask my first wife for . . . well, you know.  She absolutely wouldn't. 

WHEW!  (Wipes brow with nervous sweat)....I'm sure glad that YOU mentioned "it" and not me!!!! 
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:20 am

As much as I don't like it, seems that everyone has had "results" using thier own urine. It must be a territorial deal to the deer. I might try human urine unwillingly this year in a mock scrape, but I'm not chewwing the over hanging limb, I will draw the line there.[:D]
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:37 pm

HA HA HA...Now heres too much info for Ya...I'm 50 and menapausal....so I'm not so attracted to the DEER BUCK any more....[;)] But they love my buck and doe.....[:)]

cd14811

Postby cd14811 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Don't know if this matters but when I first read about doing this the author stressed only to do so in freshly turned dirt. Not on leaves or other stuff.
 CD

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:32 pm

ive peed in every scrape i find for years as well as my mock scrapes with tremendous results. as far as the lickin branch....they dont taste that bad[;)]
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:45 pm

ARE YALL SERIOUS!!!that goes against everything ive ever been taught or practiced you mean ive been 25 feet up a frikin tree with my eyeballs floatin or tryin to pee in a frikin coke bottle?for the last 20 years do you know how hard it is to pee in a coke bottle with 5 layers of clothes on in the freezin cold if you know what i meen & not spill any of it abondon a spot for a week if some touches the ground should i really be peeing on the ground to (BAIT) that big buck this fall (notice the ()is some giant sarcasm like urine is bait get real)but for real that works?im super skeptical
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:09 pm

ORIGINAL: howhill1

ive peed in every scrape i find for years as well as my mock scrapes with tremendous results. as far as the lickin branch....they dont taste that bad[;)]

Yeah, but you gotta be REAL careful when you rub the branch with your pre-orbital gland. I scratched a cornea last year doing that, and it didn't heal up until after Christmas!!!!

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:13 pm

this topic has stirred some pretty heated debates on these boards and even some name callin. but i swear on my fathers grave that it works. i quit carring a pee bottle 10 years ago. i actually had a mature doe eat the leaves off a tree i had peed on earlier. i was skeptical for a long time but a hunting buddy whos word i trust got me to try it and im glad he did. thats my experience.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:16 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

ORIGINAL: howhill1

Yeah, but you gotta be REAL careful when you rub the branch with your pre-orbital gland. I scratched a cornea last year doing that, and it didn't heal up until after Christmas!!!!

you obviously werent wearing antlers ..... good brows are crutial to eye protection[;)]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:22 pm

ORIGINAL: bckklr

ARE YALL SERIOUS!!!that goes against everything ive ever been taught or practiced you mean ive been 25 feet up a frikin tree with my eyeballs floatin or tryin to pee in a frikin coke bottle?for the last 20 years do you know how hard it is to pee in a coke bottle with 5 layers of clothes on in the freezin cold if you know what i meen & not spill any of it abondon a spot for a week if some touches the ground should i really be peeing on the ground to (BAIT) that big buck this fall (notice the ()is some giant sarcasm like urine is bait get real)but for real that works?im super skeptical

Serious as a heart attack!  I did like you are now doing for 20 years before I started just "letting fly" when the urge hit. It's been 10 years now.

10 years of no pee-bottles, floating eyeballs, or the delicate chore of hitting the opening in the pee-bottle while wearing 4 layers of clothes, while accounting for "shrinkage"!  [:o]

In fact, one time during gun season when I was 18 feet up in a tree on a DRY, CALM day, I let fly in the leaves....the sound echoing through the woods....and not 10 seconds after I finished the chore, a REAL nice 11 pointer that weighed in at around 270 pounds came right on by!

Now I can't prove it, but I wouldn't argue against the idea that he HEARD that sound, and was coming in to see if it was a "hot date", as it WAS during the rut, and he was "looking" when I saw him.

We are not kidding. It CAN work, I've NEVER seen a deer spook from it when I was on stand, and I have personally have had them hit a scrape that I "freshened". 

Try it. The sheer sense of FREEDOM that it gives you is priceless!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions