What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
otwitw

RE: What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

Postby otwitw » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:40 am

I shoot a hoyt vipertech for deer.

A pse bandit for bowfishing, but lookin to sell it and get a recurve.
->>>----------->

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:07 am

here we go .was that really needed,the topic is what we shoot not what we dislike.Forgiveness is a christian value ya know
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:26 am

im shooting a reflex grizzly set@ 65lbs 25" draw. 26" easton axis 400 series arrows tipped with 100grain muzzy 3 blades. this rig is shooting right at 260 and im able to utilize one pin out to about 30 yards.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JBow

Postby JBow » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:27 am

I shoot a Hoyt XT2000 Cybertech, set @ 70 lbs.  I also have a dislike for Mathews bows.  "Catch us if you can"........for what?  I've had Mathews, Hoyt, PSE and Proline.  Guess what?  Every one of them killed my Deer just as well as the next.  I simply can't justify paying for a products advertising campaign, especially one that advertises as much as Mathews!  If their bows were that superior, they would sell themselves.  Slow the advertising a little and lower the prices.
Anyway, I noticed a few guys mentioning Rage broadheads here.  I just picked up a few 3-packs of their 3-blade model for $32.99.  As expensive as that is, it's still cheaper than the $39.99 price I've seen everywhere else.  If you're interested, check out Rogers Sporting Goods.  www.RogersSportingGoods.com
Great prices on Loggy Bayou tree stands also!

JBow
IF IT'S WORTH DOING, IT'S WORTH DOING RIGHT!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:05 pm

ORIGINAL: JOEL

here we go .was that really needed,the topic is what we shoot not what we dislike.Forgiveness is a christian value ya know

Lol. Forgive me Joel. I didn`t realize I needed to have you review my posts before I submited them. Next time I`ll check with you before posting.

[8|]
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

JBow

Postby JBow » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:16 pm

hunter480,

Same scenario on any board you post.  You always take the chance that someone will take offense to what you say or how you say it.  This is a general discussion board.  I'd consider everything so far as pretty "General".[;)] 
This doesn't compare to some fishing sites I've visited.  One Salmon and Steelhead site from NY is really bad.  If you're not in the club, your opinion isn't worth your time typing it out.  Take it all in stride.  Life's too short!

Best Of Luck This Season!
JBow
IF IT'S WORTH DOING, IT'S WORTH DOING RIGHT!

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:55 pm

ya everyone has there own way of thinking things and comprehending things, but we need to just trust each other to be curtious. I mean we are here to learn from each other right???  I am at least.  I'm not trying to be rude.   Just want everyone to get along on here. Just my opinion...
->>>----------->

frdrck13

Postby frdrck13 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:27 pm

I shoot a Darton Maverick Recurve Express Compound bow.
I also shoot a Oneida Screaming Eagle.

I have killed deer with both of these bows.
The Darton is 8 years old and the Oneida is 23 years old.

All the new Mathews,PSE,Hoyt etc. are great bows.

But everyone knows the hunter makes the bow good!!!!!

So if you feel comfortable with your bow and it shoots good keep using it.

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:39 pm

I have a bowtech 82nd airborne...I also have a 69" scorpion longbow made by the now deceased M.R. Hamilton...I just bought the bowtech and will use it on deer and elk, the scorpionI just target shoot with till I feel more comfortable shooting, then I will hunt with it...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:49 pm

I shoot a Mathews DXT 70# with Easton Axis arrows and Rage 3 blade.  I have a Trophy Taker FC Extreme drop away rest and a Trophy Ridge Flatliner sight and a Doinker A-Bomb stabilizer.  Good luck everyone, no matter what you shoot or why.  Pan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions