What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
gunther89

RE: What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

Postby gunther89 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm

I shoot a PSE stinger with a 55 pound draw weight.  Very good bow and good bow to start out for me since its my first year bow hunting.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:54 pm

I shoot a Jennings Rackmaster Bow set at either 55 or 60 lbs,using a TM-Hunter rest with carbon arrows and HellRazor fixed broadheads.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:50 pm

I figure it like this ,stick to the topic.I've seen this bow question devolve so many times on other forums.the question was what do you shoot?.pretty straight forward.it wasnt "what bow company do you dislike?"Thats all,you and me agree and disagree on several topics but i still have respect for your opinion,if you want to get sarcastic thats your right as well ,dont think thats very christian either...........
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:27 pm

ORIGINAL: JOEL

I figure it like this ,stick to the topic.I've seen this bow question devolve so many times on other forums.the question was what do you shoot?.pretty straight forward.it wasnt "what bow company do you dislike?"Thats all,you and me agree and disagree on several topics but i still have respect for your opinion,if you want to get sarcastic thats your right as well ,dont think thats very christian either...........

I inserted my opinion on a subject, pro as well as con. My prerogative. You didn`t care for it, your prerogative as well.

I may disagree with your opinion, but I won`t attempt to dictate to you what you should post about. I`d recommend you make the very same allowance for me and others.

That`s how I figure it.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Ross CR334, set at sixty pounds.  Easton Powerflight 400 arrows and a QAD Ultra Hunter drop away rest.  This is my first experience with the drop away and I love it.  I've also had PSE, Oneida, and Bear bows and I cant say a bad word about any of them (OK the Oneida was loud), but each was replaced when technology changed enough to justify the expense.  I have no preconceived notions or prejudices about any bow company and, as such, cant say anything good or bad about Mathews until I own one.  And I like my current rig way too much to even consider another.

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:35 pm

I shoot a Bowtech Tomkat. I like it alot compared to the bow i used in previous years but i may have rushed my decision, maybe not. My brother-in-law just bought a Mathews Adrenaline and i shot it for the first time this past week...man is that thing smooth. I REALLY like it, but too much $$$$$ for me!

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:47 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

ORIGINAL: JOEL

I inserted my opinion on a subject, pro as well as con. My prerogative. You didn`t care for it, your prerogative as well.

I may disagree with your opinion, but I won`t attempt to dictate to you what you should post about. I`d recommend you make the very same allowance for me and others.

That`s how I figure it.

JOEL,

I see your point. Sometimes topics turn sour with one post. The inital question was not asking for pro and con.

On the other hand, it was a pretty dull topic without H480's post. I had no idea there was ever a concern about Mathews advertizing. Maybe he is all wet about this, I don't know. It's something I'll look into myself.

I suppose we should try to look at this like a big, hunting lodge campfire. If we put a bunch of hunters together and throw out topics, we're going to get some rough responses.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:28 am

I used to shoot a Bowtech Tomkat, but I came into a little extra cash at the end of last year, so I upgraded to a Bowtech General.  It is a really sweet hunting bow.  One of the quietest bows I have ever heard and very smooth.  Virtually NO hand shock!
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

JHBB

Postby JHBB » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:48 am

I shoot the original Jennings Buckmaster Bow.  Yes, I bought it new about 10 years ago, but every year I say that I'm going to buy a new bow, and I end up coming up short on money.  Actually I've taken very good care of it and it is much more quiet than a lot of the newer bows.  I've killed about 10 deer with it.  The arrow speed doesn't compare to newer bows, but I've only had one deer jump the string. 

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:33 am

I shoot a 2007 Fred Bear Instinct I bought from Bass Pro last year...I currently have it set at a 60# draw weight.
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions