What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
fasteddie

RE: What kind of bow does everyone shoot?

Postby fasteddie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:38 am

Not sure which bow I will hunt with this season . I had been using my Parker Phoenix EZ-Draw for the past few seasons set at 70# . No problem . I just got it back from the shop and havn't shot it yet . I had the draw length reduced to 28" and new strins and cables put on . DMI rest with a TruGlo single pin adjustable sight .
I have been shooting a Ben Pearson TX-4 that I won in a raffle . Not a bad $30 investment . It is a 28" draw length but only 60# draw weight . Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest with a Tru Glo sight .
 I should never have been using a 29" draw length .
I also have an Onieda Golden Eagle Evolution that I havn't shot in years . I had it loaned out to a friend for a couple years .

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:38 am

My father bought a pse "titan" compund bow in 1984, he is still hunting with it to this day. The choice for me is easy, I buy my bows from pse.[:)]
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 am

I hunt with a Martin Fury that is set at 60 pounds. I also have another bow that my uncle gave to me. It says Polaris on the limbs. Has anyone ever heard of a Polaris bow?
Kyle

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:20 am

Kinda cool to see whateveryone shoots.. Im shocked that theres not that many Hoyts
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

JBow

Postby JBow » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:50 am

Kinda cool to see whateveryone shoots.. Im shocked that theres not that many Hoyts

Maybe because Hoyts are so inferior to Mathews!!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Just kidding, but never the less, I'll wait for the inevitable FALL OUT!!!

Anyway, I love my Hoyt.  It's a 2002 that has served me well.  At one point, it took a fall off the back of my truck, going down the road at about 40mph.  Tore off the quiver(never found) and scraped up the wheels and limbs a bit but a trip to the pro shop had it back in the tree stand with me that season.  Didn't have to replace any parts.(except quiver and arrows)  Just clean it up.  That's one tough bow.   I'd definitely buy another.  Not to say I wouldn't buy another brand either.  They're all good, especially for hunting purposes.
IF IT'S WORTH DOING, IT'S WORTH DOING RIGHT!

tjmeyers

Postby tjmeyers » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:38 am

Forge SRX. It's my first bow, and it's not manufactured not far from where I live.

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Mathews DXT,Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's, Mathews t5 Quiver, Trophy Taker FC rest, Trophy Ridge 3 pin matrix, G5 1/4 peep, Fuse Axium, Rage 2 blades, carter choc lite release.

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:10 pm

I'm shooting a relic by todays standards...lol ...but if it ain't broke don't fix it...Hoyt raider / intruder....

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:21 am

I've been shooting a Martin Jaguar since 1996.  Before that I had been shooting a Martin Cougar Magnum since the early 80's. My emphasis on archery started to devolve from about 2001 on.  Prior to that, I was about 90% archery on deer.

1)  I stopped being able to practice in my own back yard due to a new ordinance.
2)  I started hunting in Kentucky almost exclusively.  There are various firearm seasons in Oct and and November. In Ohio, I could hunt 100% archery from Oct through Thanksgiving.  Shotgun season didn't come in until December.
3)  My shoulder went bad last year in August and did not heal up to Christmas.

. . .I pulled my bow a bit this summer, and then looked at the calendar and decided that it ain't worth it.  September is too hot, October has only two weekends with no guns in the woods.  November has only one.  By Thanksgiving, my freezer is filled bow or no bow.

I'm really not bitter.  I was already way past feeling more of a challenge with a bow.  It was just not getting to be worth the effort for what became 3 weekends a year. Looking back over the last 7 years, my gadget purchases declined in direct proportion to my archery emphasis. There was always something I was buying for the bow to up its performance or something to bring deer in closer.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 am

I have 8 Ben Pearson recurves from the late 60's-early 70's plus a couple dusty Martin compounds,all of which have taken game and will continue to do so.....I hope :D
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions