Paying for land access

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
gutpile

RE: Paying for land access

Postby gutpile » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:30 pm

ORIGINAL: danesdad

I hate the fact that I'll never hunt some of the prime land in this nation because of the fees that the landowners charge.  But, at the same time, the landowner put out the money for the property, so he should be able to do whatever he wants with it.

In Alberta, they cannot charge to hunt, but are they still entitled to post their property and not allow hunting at all?  I hope so.

Yes they can tell you you cant hunt their land, you have to ask permission first, but very few told you no, just abide by the land owners rules and you have no problems..I couldn't believe how easy it was to get permission...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:58 pm

If I hunted deer in Alberta, with the graces of a certain landowner and I did well, and I hoped to return, I'd find a way to slide him something for the privledge.

Knockdown

Postby Knockdown » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:00 pm

If I hunted deer in Alberta, with the graces of a certain landowner and I did well, and I hoped to return, I'd find a way to slide him something for the privledge.

Same here, I doubt that the landowner would turn me in! lol

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:02 am

oh yeah offer him meat, or what have ya, most will tell ya no, my buddy pays a guy to camp on his property, they pay him to hook up to electricity, the guy didn't want any money to camp there..
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Previous

Return to General Discussions