what would you do?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
DeerCamp

what would you do?

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:27 pm

So this bow season (oct 1st) i will be going up to Michigan's UP for 5 days. I am going with a buddy and we will hunt the 1st-5th. He has hunted here for 2 years. In that 2 years of gun season they have shot 3 nice bucks that have been mounted out of a hunting group of 10 guys. He told me last year he put bait out and hunted the next night and had bucks come in, so theres no need to go there and bait. I think he mainly doesnt want to do this becuz its a 5-6 hr ride there.  I want to go the week before to scout and hang  a stand. I will only be in one stand becuz there isnt enough time to hang two and bait em and hunt them. the property is HUGH and from what I hear there is a lot of ceader swamps and thickets. What would you look for other than trails. I am going to try like everyone eles and bag a monster the 1st few days up there. I believe this will be my best chance. What would you look for? Would you make the 7hr trip by yourself? Or just wait till teh sesaon starts and hang the stands in the dark on opening day?
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Return to General Discussions