2nd amendment

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Woods Walker

RE: 2nd amendment

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:46 pm

I also agree that hunting is a priviledge, as opposed to a right.

In fact, in most states, the game and fish laws read that "ALL wildlife is protected, and cannot be possessed or taken by any method or means, except in annual seasons set by the state on a yearly basis."

What this means, is that the wildlife of a state is owned by THE PEOPLE of that state, and that the state game and fish department is responsible for their management and welfare. The IS NO SET SEASON, until the game and fish department sets it, and that is done ANNUALLY.

If a state can have final say as to whether you hunt or fish in a given year, then that doesn't sound like any "right" that I've ever heard of.

I think that at best, all we can do is have a state pass a law that recognizes that hunting and fishing have been traditional and effective TOOLS of wildlife management, and will always be CONSIDERED when the state enacts a management program for a given wildlife species, but there is NOT, and there cannot be a "guarantee" that you can hunt every year. That is dependent on (or should be) SCIENCE.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:25 am

I'll try to sum it up as simply as I can. I have the right to defend myself from a charging bison. I do not have the right to hunt one. However, if the population should ever return, and a need for regulation should arrise, I would pressure my elected officials to allow us to hunt them again.

Does that work for everyone?

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:32 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

I'll try to sum it up as simply as I can. I have the right to defend myself from a charging bison. I do not have the right to hunt one. However, if the population should ever return, and a need for regulation should arrise, I would pressure my elected officials to allow us to hunt them again.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:28 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

Works for me!  Self defense is self defense, whether it'd be a bison, a baboon, or a 'banger!  THAT is most definately a RIGHT in every sense of the word.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:03 am

The most important part of this ruling is reitterated throughout the ruling is SELF DEFENSE. The fact that hunting is mentioned just codifies it as another legitimate reason to own a firearm.

Previous

Return to General Discussions