2nd amendment

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
howhill1

RE: 2nd amendment

Postby howhill1 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:14 pm

weve been invaded by a liberal spouting words from a leftist liberal periodical that never passe's a chance to degrade our troops, our country and our way of life. never lose our guns huh? thats what greatbritain thought! what about the citizens of D.C. who after 32 years finally recieved their rights back. or the citizens of new orleans who's guns were forcibly taken when they needed them most? most of which have been destroyed or ruined beyond recognition. would osama-bama try to take our guns. ABSOLUTELY! hes been trying to do it here in chicagonois since his election to the senate. yes i hold my right to keep and bear arms above all others because its the one that guarantees all the rest will stay in tact! an armed man is a citizen an unarmed man is a subject!  
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Well said howhill1! Obama has already pushed for tighter gun control laws in IL , his track record speaks for itself. He doesn't want citizens having guns period, not the kinda president I would want in DC.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:43 pm

ORIGINAL: EatDeer

Well said howhill1! Obama has already pushed for tighter gun control laws in IL , his track record speaks for itself. He doesn't want citizens having guns period, not the kinda president I would want in DC.

On this we agree 1000000000%.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:13 am

So are you familiar with the other SCOTUS rulings handed down this month? Also, a RIGHT and a Privelege are 2 VASTLY different things. A privelege is given to you by an entity such as a person or government. The Rights ennumerated in the Bill of Rights are God given human rights that the Government is not supposed to violate. These are not privelges doled out by a Government entity based on a whim of political expediency . They are RIGHTS, unchanging, Un yielding. The 2nd Amendment is, was, and remains America's original Homeland Security.

Yes, I'm familiar with the ruling, and while I happen to agree with it as it relates to that particular case, I don't believe it truly applies to the second amendment regarding methods of gun regulation.  There is still a lot of uncovered ground.  Since it was handed down by SCOTUS that makes it inviolate?  Do you feel the same thing about Roe vs. Wade?  Or are you picking and choosing on believing what the Supreme Court hands down is absolutely, positively 100% correct? 

The Bill of Rights are not God given, God had nothing to do with them.  They were created by men, just like you and me, a couple of hundred years ago, and God wasn't part of the Continental Congress.  They were and are in fact doled out by our government and can be changed - that's why there are amendments to the constitution.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:18 am

ORIGINAL: howhill1
yes i hold my right to keep and bear arms above all others because its the one that guarantees all the rest will stay in tact! an armed man is a citizen an unarmed man is a subject!  

Yes, you and your rifle are all that's keeping the U.S. government with it's M-1 Abrams tanks, Bradley fighting vehicles, F-16 jets, and MIRV ballistic missles at bay.  Your right to keep and bear arms does nothing to protect your other rights - maybe at one time, but not in this day and age.

And I'm not a liberal, I'm a moderate with liberal leanings.  Use to be a moderate with conservative leanings.  For the record I have voted for Ford, Reagan, Bush, Bush, Dole, Bush and Nobody.  I won't be voting the republican ticket this year, not after the last 8 years of the damage done to our country.

I also disagree with Obama's views on firearms, but those views will not dissuade me from voting for him as I know no single individual will ever cause us to completely lose the privelage of owning firearms and the other things he wants to do will provide a much greater benefit to our country than another four years of Bushism.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:24 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

truly a step in the right direction, but the war is far from won. this upcoming election is critical. everything we have accomplished in the last 8 years could be wiped away. the same supreme court that voted this decision could be drastically changed by an osama bama white house. read my tag line please. learn it know it live it.

So what has been accomplished in the past 8 years.  Let's see: "we are in unwinnable quagmire in Iraq, we have a decimated housing market, economic instability and a collapsing dollar, a dysfunctional health-care system, a still-devastated Gulf Coast, a wealth gap of a scope unseen since the Great Depression and a pervasive and disturbing image of America among the rest of the world as a hapless, blundering giant, rather than a beacon of freedom and morality in the world." Newsweek, Moulitsas 2007. 

Not to mention this administrations rape and pillage of the environment on behalf of big oil and big business.

But by golly we can keep our guns.  What some people prioritze simply amazes me.

I look forward to a new, and hopefully different administration.  No one is going to take away the privelage we have to own firearms, it hasn't happened in 200 years and it isn't going to happen in our future no matter what the composition of the Supreme Court.  That's a fallacy perpetuated by people who enjoy preying on people's fears, and making a great deal of money by doing so.

YOU are a frightening person...........

Everything from your view of this Administration, to your false belief that our Second Amendmet rights are safe no matter what, to YOUR prioritys.

So sorry that the war in Iraq doesn`t suit you, perhaps more devastation on U. S. soil suits you better.........

And as to your worries about what the rest of the world thinks of this Country, President said it best when the world, more specifically, France and Germany who were in bed with Iraq, were critical of us for invading, "We don`t need the worlds approval to protect America and American interests,"

I`d love to know how you can say that our Second Amendment rights will never be taken away. Until the recent Supreme Court Decision, it WAS taken away for law-abiding gun owners in Washington DC. Just as it`s gone for law-abiding gun owners in Chicago, which has a total ban on handguns. What news are you watching? What news are you reading?

What about the Klinton, so called, Assault Weapons Ban, which banned certain semi-auto weapons based purely on cosmetic appearance? Wasn`t that a loss of Second Amendment rights?

I too care for our environment, but when this economy, which is being drained by OPEC and big oil, is going down the tubes, we need to drill for domestic energy whenever, wherever we can. It`s pretty simple really.

For me, anyone who poo poo`s the very real threats we face every day, to our Second Amend rights, is as much a threat as those who wish to take those rights away. Whether your intent is to purposly mock what we risk losing, or whether you really just don`t get it, you`re certainly not an ally in the constant, and serious fight to keep our birthright.

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:44 am

The Bill of Rights are not God given, God had nothing to do with them.  They were created by men, just like you and me, a couple of hundred years ago, and God wasn't part of the Continental Congress.  They were and are in fact doled out by our government and can be changed - that's why there are amendments to the constitution.

Boy, I hate to touch this one b/c it is getting a long way away from deer hunting, but I can't resist.

Ranwin33, you are incorrect. The rights listed in the first ten amendments are God given or inalienable. The framers simply acknowledged them and vowed to protect them. A right cannot be taken away by man, it can only be infringed upon (even to the point of death).

Inalienable = incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:54 am

ORIGINAL: howhill1
yes i hold my right to keep and bear arms above all others because its the one that guarantees all the rest will stay in tact! an armed man is a citizen an unarmed man is a subject!  

Yes, you and your rifle are all that's keeping the U.S. government with it's M-1 Abrams tanks, Bradley fighting vehicles, F-16 jets, and MIRV ballistic missles at bay.  Your right to keep and bear arms does nothing to protect your other rights - maybe at one time, but not in this day and age.

And I'm not a liberal, I'm a moderate with liberal leanings.  Use to be a moderate with conservative leanings.  For the record I have voted for Ford, Reagan, Bush, Bush, Dole, Bush and Nobody.  I won't be voting the republican ticket this year, not after the last 8 years of the damage done to our country.

I also disagree with Obama's views on firearms, but those views will not dissuade me from voting for him as I know no single individual will ever cause us to completely lose the privelage of owning firearms and the other things he wants to do will provide a much greater benefit to our country than another four years of Bushism.

A vote for Obama is a vote for a FAR left ideaology that will make the Clinton era seem conservative, and will bring a constant barrage against gun owners rights.

And so you know, the damage done to this Country the last 8 years came at the hands of Muslim extremests, and far-left radicals.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:55 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

Boy, I hate to touch this one b/c it is getting a long way away from deer hunting, but I can't resist.

Ranwin33, you are incorrect. The rights listed in the first ten amendments are God given or inalienable. The framers simply acknowledged them and vowed to protect them. A right cannot be taken away by man, it can only be infringed upon (even to the point of death).

[color="#ff0000"]Inalienable = incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred.[/color]

Nicely summed up. The BILL OF RIGHTS derives from natural law.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:06 am

If you think the Bill of Rights is a bunch of Privledges assigned by the Government, you are already lost to the left. No use arguing it anymore. I can cite documented proof from HUNDREDS of sources that would overload the server here, that will prove to you it is indeed natural law and that paramount to natural is the law of self preservation. 

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions