Anyone here from Washington state?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Robert Rowland

Anyone here from Washington state?

Postby Robert Rowland » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:06 pm

When I was 9 and 10 years old I lived on Whidbey Island, Washington. We lived less than a quarter mile from a wildlife refuge, and we had apple trees in our front yard. I saw some pretty awsome deer eating our apples.  I never hear of anyone deer hunting there. Anyone hunt there?

gutpile

RE: Anyone here from Washington state?

Postby gutpile » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:15 pm

I just signed up today.. I live in Washington, and hunt blacktails every year...we lost quit a few deer to hair slip but they are making a slow recovery...Still plenty to hunt, and by far the hardest species of deer to hunt...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Welcome Gutpile!
 Hope you enjoy this site like I do. Good to hear from someone west of the Rockies.
I have never hunted blacktails but would love to give it a whirl. The magazines concentrate on whitetails, and that is what we have here in Missouri. I have a cousin in Washington that does some hunting. All he can use is a shotgun. I have tried to get him to come out here and borrow a rifle for our season but he has yet to do it.
What part of the state are you from and where do you hunt?

gutpile

Postby gutpile » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:23 pm

I live in the south west corner, in a town called longview...I have killed many blacktails but nothing i would write home about..Killing a big blacktail is very difficult but fun to try...we can use rifle, muzzleloader, bow or pistol here...
Wheat is harvested, Animals are killed...

Return to General Discussions