Reactions to King Buck Story

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
GrandView

Re: Reactions to King Buck Story

Postby GrandView » Wed May 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Wed May 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks for the link! I missed that article too!
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Jay

Postby Jay » Thu May 12, 2011 6:43 am

It took three days to come up with that statement! I knew what it was going to say 2 days ago. 4 guys in the room and they all looked at the break and the G3 individually, but yet they had it for just over an hour in the room. Funny when one of the so called guys says he had nothing to do with,when asked. Just ruled on the spread. The second time he ws asked by the president of WBBC he says, that was a B&C deer I ws there for P&Y and that was a B&C matter. I wonder where Mr. Kings check went the one he sent in to WBBC for his entry?

graybullet

Postby graybullet » Thu May 12, 2011 9:38 am

Three words for you, that think this is a world record. Wayne Zaft buck, look it up. Awesome buck, but not a world record, sometimes the rules suck. If my memory is correct the Hanson buck also had a broken main beam. Congratulations to King for a great buck.

Jay

Postby Jay » Thu May 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Two different deer bullet. do you know the Zaft is still Canadas record? They bucked the system and had balls to stand up. Marc you where suppose to call, where did you go? I thought B&C was going to contact you first? What happened? how s that deer farm going? how many deer have you harvested out of it or is it just for clients? Good luck hunting off the ground. I use a guilly suit to hunt with myself. Love the the thing works awsome and even does good against scent control!

rick

Postby rick » Fri May 13, 2011 10:21 am

B&C screwed up and won't be adults about it!!! It nothing but Jack-Ass's backing up Jack-Ass's !

Laturkeyhtr

Postby Laturkeyhtr » Fri May 13, 2011 10:56 am

This whole story reminds me of a quote a state biologist said one time, "deer will take care of themselves, it is the hunters that are hard to manage". I haven't read every post here, but the side of the story that is being presented sure seems that the deer deserves more credit than B&C is willing to give it. Besides that, it reminds me about politics and I have no use for politicians. :roll:

GrandView

Postby GrandView » Fri May 13, 2011 3:22 pm

As it appears the offset abnormal point was the ruling, here's the mirror image of the example rack in the Fair Chase article...........and a photo of the right side King antler in approximately the same attitude.

(The point labeled "E" is the abnormal point.)

Jay

Postby Jay » Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks you proved my point exactly. Put the base line on the G3 where it belongs above that bit of webbing and it is in line. Go to low which you are doing and your double dipping the mass and the tine length. You did a good job, but why did youi take so long? Exact same angle

bigrackjack

Postby bigrackjack » Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Marc Anthony wrote:I personally agree with the B&C decision. I have shown the pictures to official B&C scorers that I know and they unanimously say the B&C is correct. Although each person I've shown the pictures to agree, they do find it difficult in making their decision.

I say if you don't like the B&C system, don't attempt to join it!

marc, you can not tell about a tine with just a photo, i have seen the rack, the tine is typical.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions