Reactions to King Buck Story

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
badappleoutdoors

Re: Reactions to King Buck Story

Postby badappleoutdoors » Mon May 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Interesting read indeed. As there are always two sides to every story, I personally think it was handled badly. Just my opinion though!

peterj87

Postby peterj87 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Lets talk about the real world record, a buck that Mitch Rompola hunted for a couple years before he ever killed it, and with a bow mind you. I think this King Buck should be given a fair chance. Whats sad is that Rompola shot the world record, but being a former B&C scorer he probally knew what political crap went on.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Wed May 18, 2011 4:40 pm

peterj87 wrote:Lets talk about the real world record, a buck that Mitch Rompola hunted for a couple years before he ever killed it, and with a bow mind you. I think this King Buck should be given a fair chance. Whats sad is that Rompola shot the world record, but being a former B&C scorer he probally knew what political crap went on.

Just to update you a bit on Mitch's buck...it was fake! He fabricated the antlers and wouldn't let anyone look at them. Hardly not given "a fair chance". He had every opportunity to get them in the book but wouldn't let them be examined by anyone. The late Larry Huffman (or was it Hoffman) wrote a story on those fake set of antlers.
Last edited by Marc Anthony on Wed May 18, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Wed May 18, 2011 4:47 pm

bigrackjack wrote:
Marc Anthony wrote:I personally agree with the B&C decision. I have shown the pictures to official B&C scorers that I know and they unanimously say the B&C is correct. Although each person I've shown the pictures to agree, they do find it difficult in making their decision.

I say if you don't like the B&C system, don't attempt to join it!

marc, you can not tell about a tine with just a photo, i have seen the rack, the tine is typical.

Newsflash! They're ALL examined by photos at the B&C headquarters. When a local scorer scores a head, he's required to send in the score sheet AND the photos. They are at that point looked over by the senior staff for mistakes, etc. Many times they change the score for the BETTER of the final score and others, they are reduced. At no time does anyone in the head office look at anything other than the photos, unless the rack is determined to get pannel scored. It's clear in the pictures that the tine in question is a non-typ.
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

whitetailhunter

Postby whitetailhunter » Thu May 19, 2011 12:33 am

COME ON GUYS, If any one of you had the opportunity to be so blessed as to kill a creature of this magnitude I would think that you would want the world to know of it, and you would do almost anything to be recognized for doing so.One man no matter what his qualifications are should not have absolute power in deciding something of this nature. I mean were talking about the largest known typical 6x6 in the world. This is a power trip any one with half a brain can see that. He just can't admit when he has done something wrong. This old boy deserves to be recognized, and I'm talking about the deer. This is just bad politics at its worst. If Reneau had shot this deer do you honestly think we all would be having this conversation? HELL NO WE WOULDN'T! This deer should be the new record plain and simple and if Reneau won't say it I and a whole lot of other hunters sure as hell will ! Reneau if you harvested this amazing creature of god I guarantee you would have the new world record, you're face would be plastered in all the top hunting magazines across the world, you would have a guest spot on REALTREE, PRIMOS, and about a dozen more popular whitetail hunting shows. This is just disgraceful. I just checked my e-mail and got a letter from my hunt club magazine NORTH AMERICAN HUNTER and when I saw this article I had to join this club just to post my opinion. I have to admit there is a-lot of really cool stuff here so I think I will stay around for a-while and see what you all have to offer.It just makes me so mad and most of all sad that this hunter was denied his moment in the spotlight. He worked hard to get this deer. This is what we all dream of the night before opening season, and some pencil pushin probably beat up as a child know it all rejected him because he just couldn't admit that he made a wrong judgement call.. It's reasons like this that there should be a mandatory panel judgement for these things , and Reneau should be discharged from his duties, honestly. How many times in ones life does the opportunity come up as to be able to even see a deer of this caliber let alone have a shot at killing one of these behemoths??? As far as King selling this beauty well I couldn't do that myself but he probably got a pretty penny for him. I have a friend up in Maine who's father is a master guide and he sold a 10 point to a hunting lodge for $ 10,000 yeah thousand. So King quit possibly took some of the money he got and had a replica of his dream deer made up. I would be willing to bet on that..

Jay

Postby Jay » Thu May 19, 2011 7:14 am

Marc as usual your wrong on so many levels. Good luck with your hunting career, but I will not respond to your posts anymore, as you have a tendancy to twist things. I am sure there is room for you in the B&C front office! You already have a good start. Jay

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu May 19, 2011 7:24 am

This is what happens when the numerical score of the calcium deposits becomes more important than the deer or the actual hunt itself.

God put this deer in front of this hunter, and he was lucky enough to kill it. If you really think it's about honoring the animal, then let the animal be honored, and leave your name out of it. This whole "big rack" thing has degenerated into one big ego trip, that brings out the worst in the humans that are involved with it.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Thu May 19, 2011 7:30 am

Jay wrote:Marc as usual your wrong on so many levels. Good luck with your hunting career, but I will not respond to your posts anymore, as you have a tendancy to twist things. I am sure there is room for you in the B&C front office! You already have a good start. Jay

Jay, I understand your monetary desires by getting this head turned into a world record, but if you did get your way, then three of my racks would also make the books. I didn't cry fowl when my heads were scored, I just manned up and accepted the score. BTW, I could have had monetary rewards also but it wasn't as important to me as it is to you.

Maybe we should have the other 400 heads that all were scored the way your head (and mine) were scored to be reversed? Oh, I forgot, it's a "conspiracy". I suggest you man up and move on. I'm sorry you paid so much for that head. It was a gamble that didn't pay off for you.

Good luck with your career too!

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Thu May 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Play nice, guys.

Jay

Postby Jay » Fri May 20, 2011 9:19 am

but he started it first. Just kidding.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions