Reactions to King Buck Story

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
peterj87

Re: Reactions to King Buck Story

Postby peterj87 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Marc Anthony wrote:
peterj87 wrote:Lets talk about the real world record, a buck that Mitch Rompola hunted for a couple years before he ever killed it, and with a bow mind you. I think this King Buck should be given a fair chance. Whats sad is that Rompola shot the world record, but being a former B&C scorer he probally knew what political crap went on.

Just to update you a bit on Mitch's buck...it was fake! He fabricated the antlers and wouldn't let anyone look at them. Hardly not given "a fair chance". He had every opportunity to get them in the book but wouldn't let them be examined by anyone. The late Larry Huffman (or was it Hoffman) wrote a story on those fake set of antlers.

Just because Larry Huffman wrote an article on fabricated antlers automaticaly makes rompola's fake, Look I understand the guy is a werido I know that, but that dont make his antlers fake. And I never said anything about him not having an oppurtunity to enter it. Not everybody enters their deer into the books, I respect your side of the story, and I know this is old news, but just because huffman wrote this article dont make the antlers fake, Rompola knows way to much about whitetails it's almost weird, but thats exactly why he shot that buck, he hunted him for three years before killing it. He didnt drive around in truck in biggar Saskatchewan shooting like an idiot at a giant buck.

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Sun May 22, 2011 7:47 pm

peterj87 wrote:
Marc Anthony wrote:
peterj87 wrote:Lets talk about the real world record, a buck that Mitch Rompola hunted for a couple years before he ever killed it, and with a bow mind you. I think this King Buck should be given a fair chance. Whats sad is that Rompola shot the world record, but being a former B&C scorer he probally knew what political crap went on.

Just to update you a bit on Mitch's buck...it was fake! He fabricated the antlers and wouldn't let anyone look at them. Hardly not given "a fair chance". He had every opportunity to get them in the book but wouldn't let them be examined by anyone. The late Larry Huffman (or was it Hoffman) wrote a story on those fake set of antlers.

Just because Larry Huffman wrote an article on fabricated antlers automaticaly makes rompola's fake, Look I understand the guy is a werido I know that, but that dont make his antlers fake. And I never said anything about him not having an oppurtunity to enter it. Not everybody enters their deer into the books, I respect your side of the story, and I know this is old news, but just because huffman wrote this article dont make the antlers fake, Rompola knows way to much about whitetails it's almost weird, but thats exactly why he shot that buck, he hunted him for three years before killing it. He didnt drive around in truck in biggar Saskatchewan shooting like an idiot at a giant buck.

OK, don't take my word for it. You're the only one in the entire world that believes that buck is legit. Look at the pictures close up and you'll see the added tines and all other modifications. Larry knew what he was talking about. Enough said.
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue May 24, 2011 8:16 am

Peter who knows about the Rompola. I talked to one of the guys that runs the NRA display at show last year and swears the deer is lagit. I can't say. There have been 3 game wardens that say they held it, and a book written and the author says he held it. Who knows for sure, but mitch is probably the best ambush bow hunter to date. he has many giants at home that no one really knows about. Just my 2 cents

All Talk

Postby All Talk » Tue May 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Looks like we have got off the King Buck a little but I will bite. I had never heard this story before so I did some reading. It sounds fake but I am reading what people write. Probably is fake. If I killed it and it was real I would let them run every test in the world on it. I was a kid when Milo shot his buck, was there any contoversy there?
Just because you hunt does not make you a hunter.

dewey

Postby dewey » Tue May 24, 2011 2:00 pm

First I would say congratulations to John King for harvesting such an incredible buck and to D&DH for writing such a great article. I must admit that I have not and I am not going to read through 7 pages of posts and quite a few pissing matches so if I am stating the samething others have bear with me. I read the article the other day and was surprised that one persons determination was all it took. I would think that a fair way to do it would be have 1 person determine if it is a typical 6x6 or other size and then if the owner wants to appeal the ruling he/she can do that. Perhaps have a appeal board of B&C scoring experts that are randomly pulled together for an appeal. For final scoring perhaps have the same panel all score the buck independently and then issue the score based upon the lowest score or something like that.

This topic certainly has created a large discussion and some raised blood pressure's indeed.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

GrandView

Postby GrandView » Tue May 24, 2011 6:55 pm

It is a great buck. And "that one person" who is being denigrated for delivering the bad news on the right G3 point..........is the head guy in charge of assuring the measurements are in compliance with Boone & Crockett.

This was decidedly not an arbitrary and capricious ruling. In their reply B&C sited the rule, and linked to the description and discussion of the ruling in Fair Chase magazine. The article was written long before the King buck was born.

Two things:

A panel scoring for a record head is not just a group of guys with diverse opinions that make compromises with each other......or the rules. It's a group of official B&C scorers that will make decisions within a very confined structure of the B&C rules. They will not be ignoring the very rule that produced the initial score. Even given the few pictures that show the abnormality, it is not difficult to see the issue as described in the Fair Chase article.

Finally, even if a panel were convened at this time............a resultant score would likely be less than the current 180. Much time has elapsed since the initial scoring and certainly some more shrinkage has occurred.

It is what it is. It's unfortunate, but not unfair. Nor conspiratorial.

Jay

Postby Jay » Tue May 24, 2011 9:10 pm

B.S grand View. This was not handled by the B&C rules and they know it. Why do you think so many B&C scorers are still in line with this? Again you take what Montana says as the truth, but its not. No group looked at in in PA and I have the proof. Jack is still to this day changing his story on what happened. I guess I am different than you, I don't follow blindly like a sheep. you well thats your story. You are where you want to be, on the minority side and stiring the pot. Thats what you do and it works for you, the Grand Standing on the losing side.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 pm

I said on another thread that I feel that one guy (Reneau) shouldn't wield this much power. IF he was clearly correct in his ruling, then why do so many other scorers disagree? Just because he is some honcho in B&C, should he be the final authority? I dont think so.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

GrandView

Postby GrandView » Wed May 25, 2011 12:27 am

Jay wrote:B.S grand View. This was not handled by the B&C rules and they know it.

Wrong. It was handled correctly by B&C rules.

Circumstances (the broken main beam) dictated that the King rack be inspected and ruled whether it could even be scored by a B&C review committee prior to a score being submitted and reviewed by the same B&C authority. So.............you have been deprived of the opportunity to say that an official B&C scorer initially scored the rack as a World Record...................before being lowered by an official B&C review.

Momentary disappointment for Johnny King, but sucks to be you...........don't it?

Why do you think so many B&C scorers are still in line with this?

It is not unusual at all for B&C scorers to score a buck that is subsequently lowered significantly upon review by B&C. Does that make the original scorers incompetent? Or the subsequent B&C ruling by B&C conspiratorial and wrong? Of course not.

Two relatively recent examples are the Zaft and Koberstein bucks. They were both originally scored by official B&C scorers with net scores well above 200. Were their original scores overruled on vague technicalities or inequitable treatment? No........the respective scores were lowered upon review by B&C and for justifiable reasons within their rules.

Again you take what Montana says as the truth, but its not. No group looked at in in PA and I have the proof.

You don't have any "proof". I've read your conjecture and barely comprehensible stories about contacting the three named principles that checked the broken King rack in PA. Funny..............there isn't any direct statement from any of them that agrees with you.

There is nothing in the procedure......or the decision.......that would lead anyone with more than two functioning synapses to take the word of an antler collector from Wisconsin over the collective experience and knowledge of three senior officers from P&Y and B&C. Particularly when the reasons for the abnormal point decision have been displayed and justified. As yet, neither you nor any previous scorer of the King rack have addressed the B&C reply.............nor the Fair Chase article. Why is that?

Jack is still to this day changing his story on what happened.

Says the antler collector from Wisconsin............who owns the rack. You have a sad story..............without corroboration or logic.

I guess I am different than you, I don't follow blindly like a sheep.

You are indeed different. But you are following a path of familiarity. Unfortunately, a path that was spawned by the very organization whose director you're more than happy to revile to fit your personal agenda. The scoring and keeping of records will bring out the the extremes of society. The worst as well as the best.

You are where you want to be, on the minority side and stiring the pot. Thats what you do and it works for you, the Grand Standing on the losing side.

I find it amusing when people forget how public and ever-lasting words typed into the Internet are. "Stirring the pot" indeed.

Contact me in two years to review the "King Buck Saga".

Jay

Postby Jay » Wed May 25, 2011 7:50 am

The King Buck is now the most famous deer in the World. I still enjoy the debates with you GV and you are helping me in my journey for the truth. You still haven't seen the anlters or talked to Jack like I have. I will go infront of a judge and swear under oath on what I was told by Jack, I bet he won't do the same. Ask him if he will. This is a public forum for all to see and I will not run from my statements. I offered to drive the King buck to the B&C rules commity meetings this spring with no strings attached no promisses of anything just so they can see it in person instead of just pics. I guess they don't want to see it as I have not got a response yet. So Gv keep the blinders on , and never question the other side, but again thats your MO. I found out how to became a Millionare collecting anlters. You have start off as a Billionare. So there isn't a ton of money to be made doing what I do,and if there was its a free country . I do have the WORLD RECORD set of antlers at my house.... no one can take that away. My door is still open to anyone to came and see and make a Educated decision, not a spoon fed one.

Why hasen't any of the people that where in the room come forward to put this to bed? Nothing from P&Y just a two bit respnse from B&C and that fair chace article that prooves my point to a (T). Wher are these upstanding guys? The ones that did make the call on the tine and then didn't. Nothing but cricketts.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions