breath scent control

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
sbertram87

breath scent control

Postby sbertram87 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:30 am

Hi can you tell me what you do for breath scent control? I am looking for some thing cheap and effective to use.
Thanks for the info.

DanburyBowhunter

Re: breath scent control

Postby DanburyBowhunter » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 am

Before heading out I brush with only baking soda. As I finish getting ready at the truck I put some more in my mouth and swish it around. I keep a small amount with me in case my mouth starts to feel yucky during the hunt. Of course, one must have good daily oral hygine (brush, floss, rinse) outside of hunting. If not, a little work before hunting won't last long.
It is a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth.

sbertram87

Postby sbertram87 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi DanburyBowhunter you just use regualr baking soda from the yellow bow right? Do you just put some on the truth brush then put water on it and wash away? Does it taste bad?

ishman

Postby ishman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Thats how i do it. And it doesnt taste bad. Just a little salty taste.
Eric

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Try gargling with doe-in-heat urine. It works great! The only thing is that sometimes you have to shoot the buck more in self defense than anything else. That makes it a bit tough if you're doing QDM........ ;)

Seriously, I start taking chlorophyll tablets about 2 weeks before the season starts and then al thoughout the season. It not only helps with your breath, but it also reduces body odor. If you're interested, use the searh function here and put in "chlorophyll". There's an entire thread or so on it.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Ever eat a pine tree? Some parts are edible..... ;) They also make a gum called gumaflage, I think. It is not bad, I also use apple jolly ranchers and vanilla lip balm, when it's cold.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

MZS

Postby MZS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:04 pm

I have brushed with baking soda. In addition, chew on a some pine or cedar needles or on an apple.

DanburyBowhunter

Postby DanburyBowhunter » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Yep, just the regular stuff, around $0.90/box at the grocery store. I wet the brush and sprinkle some on the wet brush. It is saltly but not bad. Very similar to toothpaste with baking soda. I bring a snack bag with some when I head out the door. In the field I wet my fingers and dip in. I usually toss the remaining bit after a hunt because baking soda mixed with saliva makes a great breeding ground for bugs.
It is a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth.

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:07 am

Baking soda.

Brush with it. Gargle with it. I used it for years in place of toothpaste.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:30 am

It helps to avoid smelly foods like onions, garlic, & spicy meats to help reduce breath odor. My wife likes to eat at an Ethopian restaurant with a friend of hers (because I won't go near the place with them) and she absolutely reeks of garlic for a couple of days afterward. I know if it smells that strong to me, deer could smell it from a long ways off.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Next

Return to General Discussions