That vanilla thing.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
badtoys

Re: That vanilla thing.

Postby badtoys » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:36 am

hey kell want a trail cam i have 3 i don't use they are wildview they like batteries c size i got a new moultrie 4 d size that lasts a year on 1 set pm me your info i will get you one from my camper

kellory wrote:I have had three oppertunities to try the vinnila deer cocktail, and in each case the winds were, I think, just too much for any scent to have a fair chance to work. All of the componants used though have a long shelf life, and should not degrade, so I will play with the possibilities as the oppertunities arise. Perhaps by next season I will have a cheap trail cam, and different samples can be set out on marked tres for comparison. Time will tell.
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:32 am

badtoys wrote:hey kell want a trail cam i have 3 i don't use they are wildview they like batteries c size i got a new moultrie 4 d size that lasts a year on 1 set pm me your info i will get you one from my camper

kellory wrote:I have had three oppertunities to try the vinnila deer cocktail, and in each case the winds were, I think, just too much for any scent to have a fair chance to work. All of the componants used though have a long shelf life, and should not degrade, so I will play with the possibilities as the oppertunities arise. Perhaps by next season I will have a cheap trail cam, and different samples can be set out on marked tres for comparison. Time will tell.

That is a generous offer! PM sent. Thank you! :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 am

kellory wrote:
badtoys wrote:hey kell want a trail cam i have 3 i don't use they are wildview they like batteries c size i got a new moultrie 4 d size that lasts a year on 1 set pm me your info i will get you one from my camper

That is a generous offer! PM sent. Thank you! :)

Badtoys, have you decided what scent combinations you would like me to start the study with?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:41 pm

sorry dude i forgot to get it from the farm i will be going again this weekend coyote hunting i will get it

That is a generous offer! PM sent. Thank you! :)[/quote]
Badtoys, have you decided what scent combinations you would like me to start the study with?[/quote]
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 pm

No rush. I am just tying to figure out the right order to run the test. Do you have your starting point chosen yet? scents are listed earlier in this thread. You got first dibs. ;)

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:50 am

kellory wrote:;) I'm mixing up a little cocktail to see what happens. The finest bakers pure vanilla extract, Lorann gourmet apple and peanut butter candy flavorings. Nothing but the best for our four legged friends.[attachment=0]deer candy cocktail.jpg

peanut butter i've heard was good never tried it

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:46 am

Do you want that as it is listed here, or alone?

Buck Commander

Postby Buck Commander » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:22 pm

I've had ok luck with it. Nothing spectacular though.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 am

here is fine

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:10 am

Never tried the vanilla thing nor peanut butter, but many years ago while deer hunting with my ex-father-in-law,
he had taken along a small can of peanuts to snack on. Just a few minutes after he had opened his can of
peanuts, a nice buck walked by. Well, from that day forward he always had a can of peanuts with him
when he went deer hunting. I can't say that he took more deer while eating peanuts, but he felt that it had worked
for him once and was therefore something that he added to his arsenal. At first I smiled and just chalked it up to
harmless superstition/coincidence, but after thinking about it, I realized that maybe the smell of those peanuts,
especially since they were salted, did act as a scent attractant. Who's to say?
It isn't what happens to us, it is how we deal with it, that matters most.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions