encore missfires

encore

encore missfires

Postby encore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:37 am

to make a long story short- put my 30-06 barrel on and went to sight it in. pulled trigger and nothing,just a small dent in the primer, the second time i tried it -same shell it went off. this happened every second or third shot! got home and called TC they told me it was from my hammer extention. the weight and being offset causes the hammer to stirike light and not flat on the firing pin! they sell the extentions and their new guns have adjustable hammers you can offset! the one i have is made of aluminum not very heavy.the last two years i never had a missfire. has anyone else ever had this happen? their answer makes no sense to me, seems like everyone on tv has extentions on there guns.----thanks  tom

beagleman23

RE: encore missfires

Postby beagleman23 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:07 am

I know the older contenders had this problem because I have one.  It was ahead space issue and I had to send it back to the factory and they fixed for free.  My son's encore had 1 miss fire this season at sight in which I wrote off to handloads.  Check primer depth on shells and the striking force on the hammer(maybe there's some part wear within the trgger assembly).  All I can think of.  Good luck.

joe12180

Re: encore missfires

Postby joe12180 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:44 pm

TC puts light hammer springs in their guns. Google Bellm TC's or Mike Bellm. ON their web site you will find proper heavy hammer springs and hammer extensions for the Encore.

Return to Rifles