The Flight Of Old "666"

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

The Flight Of Old "666"

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:09 am

It's people like this that separate America from the rest of the world...........

Subject: "Flight of Old 66
"Flight of Old 666"
The Flight of Old 666 AN INCREDIBLE STORY OF BRAVERY

For those of us who were born and lived through WWII, this will put a lump in your throat.
For those who afterward, it's a valuable historical film of how dedicated our armed forces are...no matter what war it is.
Please take the time to watch this video. It is a powerful statement of heroism against impossible odds.
Two Congressional Medal of Honor were awarded during this mission.
So long ago.... It is up to us to remind the Americans coming now to maturity, of this great bravery by these great guys....
Heroism at its best!

Click below with sound on.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Im086TC ... 8B5C0F963A
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Re: The Flight Of Old "666"

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks for sharing that Woods. Always amazes me what people are capable of in the face of danger. Bless em.
I had the opportunity to fly in a B-17 for about 30 minutes at an air show a few years ago. They allowed me to move about the plane to include looking through the bomb sight in the nose. It's a no frills airplane to say the least. Hard to even imagine what those guys went through.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

bobow

Postby bobow » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I have always been amazed at how those guys could stand the cold at high altitudes. They are some tough SOBs.

I have one customer that flew the 17s out of Italy. He is in his mid to upper 90s and I purposely allot an extra hour to sit, talk and listen to his stories. Like you said, these are HEROES in the truest sense. It is tough though as he has to use a wheelchair and sometimes a walker. But he is one fine gentleman.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:54 pm

You will treasure the time spent with that gentleman for the rest of your life. They are disappearing at a rapid rate. Soon they will only be memories....the generation that saved civilization.

What just awes me, is that when they did these things, they were KIDS!!!! Roughly about the same age as those whiney snots of the "Occupy" gangs now in our streets. Those kids have no idea of what those OTHER "kids" did 60+ years ago so they could have that freedom.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Off Topic