Birth Of A New Tradition

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

Re: Birth Of A New Tradition

Postby kellory » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:11 am

KCguy wrote:Just curious if they have that "feed the hungry" type of program by you Kellory, because I doubt they give each hungry family a whole deer plus the tags. We have the same type of law here regarding the tag staying with the meat, yet we also can donate the deer to the food pantrys and like I said, I doubt they give the family the carcass tag because I think each deer gets given to multiple families. I even think the DNR helps promote to get the deer donations...lol.

Matt

They have several of them here. The deer geos to a processor who has been tested and approved, he butchers the meat according to USDA guidelines, and whatever group wants the meat pays the processor's fee. The processor is trained and required to inspect the meat, and to report any abnormalidies. That process has changed several times in the past 10 years, as have the laws about deer meat. I will check the current state of the law before I donate meat.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

gonehun10

Postby gonehun10 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am

FYI You can give venison away you just have to make sure the tag # is on the packaging.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:17 pm

kellory wrote:
Ohio farms wrote:I understand the rule Kellory, but I seriously doubt that the DOW is going to bust my daughter for a few pounds of venison jerky.
Now if you get caught jacklighting or poaching and you have unmarked venison in your freezer, then they will bust you for that too, but I don't think the intent of the rule is keep someone from giving someone venison. IMO

In my job, we have to deal with laws that were written for a purpose, but effect other things as well. If I as a professional, ignore these stupid or obsolete laws, I can be held accountable for it. Is it likely to happen? no. But it is not likely you will be busted for running red lights, or stop signs either, but it does happen. Even stupid laws have the same weight as life or death laws. You can't pick and choose. The purpose of the law in question, was to prevent the spread of CWD, I think. They wanted a way to account for all portions of a dangerous animal.Not just for poachers or shiners.

Ohio Farms, I did as I said I would. ODNR has relaxed the rules on venison in Ohio. You may give all or part to anyone you wish, as long as you do not sell it. And it was a reaction to CWD. You do not need to mark the meat in any way. I hope your daughter enjoys her gift!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:39 pm

WHEW! I'm sure glad we cleared that up! Maybe I can get a full night's sleep tonight for a change! ;)
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks. Goodnight Woods.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Goodnight Woods.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Well, that's my Christmas shopping DONE!

8-)

Previous

Return to Off Topic