A Veteran......

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

A Veteran......

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:25 pm

"A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to;'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up toand including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."....author unknown

To ALL veterans alive and dead, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFICE. It is only because of YOU that we all have the freedom to come on here and debate things as insignificant as deer hunting.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Wanderer

Re: A Veteran......

Postby Wanderer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Any vets out there should take advantage of free meals on Veteran's Day. I got an e-mail about it listing Applebees,Golden Corrall,Outback, Subway and a bunch of others who are giving a free meal to vets or active duty service people.Most are on friday but Golden Corrall is next monday, the 14th. That's really nice of them to do that.Google "Free meals for Vets" to find out who is participating. I plan to hit Applebees and I'll be sure to thank them for their generosity. And a big "Thank You" to all the other vets here on the forum.

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Woods Walker wrote:"A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to;'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up toand including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."....author unknown

To ALL veterans alive and dead, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFICE. It is only because of YOU that we all have the freedom to come on here and debate things as insignificant as deer hunting.

X2 on the THANK YOU!

You look at all those that have and are serving along with their sacrifices and then you watch how the Lame Stream Media tries to build up the pukes at the OWS demonstrations and it makes me want to hurl.....it is downright embarrassing IMO :oops:
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:01 pm

I know my share of the young men and women now serving. Some have worked for me, some are the children of friends, and some are my daughter's friends. I cannnot tell you how IMPRESSED I am with these fine young people, and to tell the truth, they are the one thing that still makes me believe that there's hope for this country. If we can still produce people like this then the dream is not dead.

Some of the young men enlisted in the years after 9-11, knowing FULL WELL where they'd be going, and a substantial number of them RE-ENLISTED when their tour was over, again knowing full well that they would be sent right back into the jaws of the beast. God bless them all. They are indeed America's....and most certainly the world's....BEST!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:08 pm

bobow wrote:
Woods Walker wrote:"A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to;'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up toand including their life.'

X2 on the THANK YOU!

You look at all those that have and are serving along with their sacrifices and then you watch how the Lame Stream Media tries to build up the pukes at the OWS demonstrations and it makes me want to hurl.....it is downright embarrassing IMO :oops:

There were protesters at the grocery store handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one. There was an elderly woman was behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined. The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice the young lady said, "Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq?" The old woman looked up at her and said: "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam. All three died so a b itch like you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your as s and open it." Make that X3! :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:18 pm

When I met my "wife to be" 42 years ago she asked me on Veteran's Day what I would like for dinner. She has made me a lobster dinner every Veteran's Day since. I wish that all vets could be there with us.
All of you that have served, thank you for your service to our country and the sacrifice that you gave to do so.
Thanks Woods for starting this again.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

jdbell91

Postby jdbell91 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Happy Veteran's Day and Happy 236th Marine Corps Birthday! Thank you to all my fellow veterans past and present. We don't do it for the money or the recognition. We do it because we know it is the right thing to do and we live for the challenge. It is not for everyone, but for those that choose to do it, they wouldn't have it any other way. I miss the experience and the camaraderie, but it is very satisfying to know that you gave all you had for the safety and security of this great nation.

Semper Fi and God Bless,
Joe Bell, Corporal, USMC 1991 - 1995
Semper Fi,

Joe

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Ohio: Thanks to me? NO WAY! Thank YOU!!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:07 am

In keeping with the spirit of this thread and Veterans Day, I'd like to thank all those who have served and are currently serving in the Armed Forces of the United States. I'd also like to extend my gratitude to the families of all our Service Men and Women as well. I know these last 10 years have been difficult for many service families and many have been asked to sacrifice more than their fair share.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:10 am

kellory wrote:
bobow wrote:

X2 on the THANK YOU!

There were protesters at the grocery store handing out pamphlets on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one. There was an elderly woman was behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined. The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice the young lady said, "Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq?" The old woman looked up at her and said: "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam. All three died so a b itch like you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your as s and open it." Make that X3! :)

Kellory: Awesome story. I'd have liked to witness that. :D
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

Next

Return to Off Topic