New Gun Company Advertisement Compares Obama to Hitler, Stal

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Deebz

Re: New Gun Company Advertisement Compares Obama to Hitler,

Postby Deebz » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:36 am

I would definitley agree that the ad is in poor taste, but I can also identify with the point they are trying to make. Obama and his followers definitely want to take our guns away... ALL of them. I don't think Obama is anything like a dictator who would kill hundreds/thousands/millions of people for whatever reason, but if the United States citizens are stripped of their right to keep and bear arms it would sure make it a whole lot easier for somebody else to step in and do just that...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 am

Obama is a Marxist, plain and simple. He doesn't have the human rights abuse record that some of those heavy hitters have, but he's a Marxist none the less. His own attorney general has offficially stated that he does NOT believe that Americans have an individual right to keep and bear arms. Obama wouldn't have him around if he didn't agree with him. I trust him about as far as I can throw an anvil upwind in a hurricane.

Poor taste? Maybe. But Obama's a lot closer to those people than he is to the rest of us.

I support people who support me, and that gun company is most definately supporting me a hell of a lot more than Obama is, and on issues above and beyond the 2A. This country is in trouble....a LOT of trouble....and we couldn't have a worse President at a worse time. Whether he's just mind numbingly incompetent or pure evil, it doesn't matter. We sink further each day, and as long as he's at the controls, NOTHING is going to improve. In fact, it may not completely recover even after he's gone. I know I sound fatalistic, but I see my American dream crumbling bit by bit each day, with no end in sight.

I'll take poor taste ANYDAY over the destruction of everything I've worked for over the past 35 years.
Last edited by Woods Walker on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:01 am

I hate most politicians. No matter what party, they are in some form or another, corrupt, and could care less about the American people. I think when someone has no good argument against a politician, they resort to the Hitler, Stalin comparisons. Anybody can do that. I need more than that to spark my interest in someone's opinion. Thats just weak and ignorant.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:14 am

Boy, there is soooo much I have to say. I will leave it at this, however. No rationalization, from either political viewpoint, is going to convince me that it is okay to compare The President Of The United States to Adolph Hitler. It was wrong when they did it to Bush, and it is wrong now.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 pm

pgchambers wrote:Boy, there is soooo much I have to say. I will leave it at this, however. No rationalization, from either political viewpoint, is going to convince me that it is okay to compare The President Of The United States to Adolph Hitler. It was wrong when they did it to Bush, and it is wrong now.

I agree with that. Bush was scrutinized for picking a fight with two countries in his term of service. Which I think were reasonable. Hussein had the chemical weapons WE sold to him in the early 80's to fight off the Iranians. He just never kept track of them like he was supposed to. Plus, he was committing crimes against humanity by using those same chemical weapons to kill the Kurdish populations in northern Iraq in the mid 90's. Also, he sent many Shiite muslims to be tortured or killed in the southern areas of Iraq during the Shiite uprising against Saddam after the Gulf war. He was a bad dude, and needed to be hung by his balls. I really do not think he was an international threat though. I think Iran and Syria pose a stronger threat with their ties to Hezbollah and the mighty Ayatollahs that control the Iranian and Syrian governments. I would not mind if we go in and burn them A-holes to the ground. Now, Obama went ahead and let our fighter plans and expensive ballistic missiles slam targets in Libya last summer, while he was smoking and joking in Brazil. No one complained about that at all. Why did we get involved? Why did we support Islamic militants, the same ones we been fighting all these years, take over Libya? These questions were brought up, but no one cared to answer. You know it, and I know it. If Bush was in office and did the same thing, all the liberals, anti war crowds, humanitarians, would be screaming....

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:51 am

I am not far from agreeing with your entire post Jslotter. I think you once said are a combat vet. God bless you and thank you for your service (and forgive my bad memory if I am incorrect). You have earned my special attention and respect regarding your opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

But as peacetime vet and father to a son currently on active duty, I am disturbed by the portrayal of the Commander in Chief in the company of genocidal animals. No matter how I may dislike his politics (and I do), I cannot abide by the message that ad sends. The fact that it is bringing in business does not justify comparing my son's boss to Hitler any more than it warrants comparing him (or you) to the SS.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 am

Im not down with comparing anyone to genocidal nut cases either JPH. Anyone who does that type of stuff show how uneducated they are about politics all together. Im done this summer with my military career. 12.5 years.... Since 1999. Thanks for the appreciation and your service to the country and community. Also, thanks to your son in the AF.

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:31 am

Jslotter wrote:Im not down with comparing anyone to genocidal nut cases either JPH. Anyone who does that type of stuff show how uneducated they are about politics all together. Im done this summer with my military career. 12.5 years.... Since 1999. Thanks for the appreciation and your service to the country and community. Also, thanks to your son in the AF.

You picked a hell of a time to enlist! I served in the AF and the Army. No conflict during my time except the no-fly zone enforcement. Avoiding sunburns and alcohol poisoning were my biggest worries.

My son is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHbIbABe9c

Prayers are welcome! For him and for me. The next few years could be a little stressful.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 am

Prayers sent JPH. For your son and ALL of them.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:10 am

JPH wrote:
Jslotter wrote:Im not down with comparing anyone to genocidal nut cases either JPH. Anyone who does that type of stuff show how uneducated they are about politics all together. Im done this summer with my military career. 12.5 years.... Since 1999. Thanks for the appreciation and your service to the country and community. Also, thanks to your son in the AF.

You picked a hell of a time to enlist! I served in the AF and the Army. No conflict during my time except the no-fly zone enforcement. Avoiding sunburns and alcohol poisoning were my biggest worries.

My son is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHbIbABe9c

Prayers are welcome! For him and for me. The next few years could be a little stressful.

Thanks for sharing the video JPH. I served my time time as a Light Infantryman in the National Guard. Things changed alot after 9/11. Then the Iraq war in 2003 started. Was sent there in 2004 to late 2005 in the Sunni triangle. Dealt with IEDs, car bombs, counter insurgency, crazy time. We held the highest operation tempo during that time in country. Re-enlisted in 06. Did a 9 month active duty guard job. Then called back to active duty and served a 10 month tour in Iraq again 09 to early 2010, for base security and handed some of Baghdad airport over to the Iraq government. The war is over, now its time to move on with life.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic