Anybody plow snow with their ATV?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
vipertech

Anybody plow snow with their ATV?

Postby vipertech » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:07 am

If so how does it work out for you?  What brand of plow do you have?  How big is your ATV?

My ATV is a 400 4x4.  I'm thinking it would be enough for average plowing but I would avoid the heavy wet stuff. I'm a bit leery about putting strain on the transmission.

Right now I use my lawn tractor with a snow blower.  But it's getting pretty old and not working as well as it used to.

dtrain56

RE: Anybody plow snow with their ATV?

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Well i have a polaris 400 sportsman 4x4 and a kolpin plow i think...can't remember will have to look it up....but it plows more than just an average snow fall and does a great job....a foot of snow is no problem...had the plow for 5 years and it is easy to take off and on ....i will get you the name of it as soon as i can...it is awesome and fun..do everyones drive way...and get yelled at by the wife cause i am having to much fun......

Wolf River Hunter

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Polaris 500 with a Moose Country plow and I just plowed out from the biggest blizzard in 30 years. It handled 12 inches of snow with no problems. Way more fun than a snowblower.

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:20 am

How much it cost you guys to get your ATV's rigged up?

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:37 am

My plow came with my four wheeler so I can't tell you rigging cost. I do know that you have to be careful not to put a oversize plow on any wheeler. I wouldn't worry about the transmission at all, they are made for pounding. I use my plow as a bulldozer in the woods pushing dirt logs & running down trees up to 4" in dia.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:14 pm

I think price's vary but 250-300 is probably about right I have one coming right now for a brute force 650I but my nephew work's at the dealer so I get a pretty good break. Don't take my price's to heart I could be way off. My dad has an old 350 or 400 honda foreman and that thing moves snow like mad.

hookset6969

Postby hookset6969 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:02 pm

I checked with my nephew and he told me that just the plow and mounting gear plus push bar would run between 300-400 depending on what you get. If you don't have a wench already on your quad you will also have to purchase something to raise and lower the plow. My nephew said that the wench was most popular for this but they are expensive for a decent one. I own a WARREN wench and it is great but they are expensive mine came free when I bought my quad on a promotional deal. I had that same wench year's ago though on a older quad and never had a problem with that one either.

Return to Off Topic