NASCAR question

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Everyday Hunter

NASCAR question

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:00 am

I wonder how many NASCAR fans we have here who are critical of drivers who do product endorsements. No, we don't want the hunting world to become the equivalent of NASCAR. (In my mind's eye I have a picture of a bunch of hunting celebrities wearing brand-name camo jumpsuits covered in wildly colorful patches, headnets with giant fluorescent orange logos on the forehead, sides and back, driving camo side-by-side ATVs with stickers all over them. They're hunting in a giant arena designed with astroturf trees and bushes, and even a little swamp with mechanical mosquitoes. In the middle of the stadium a giant buck is released, and all the "hunters" start tooting on grunt tubes. The crowd is cheering. Cut to a Scent-Lok commercial.) [:@]

I raise the question to ask whether what is criticized on the one hand is warmly accepted on the other. Just a thought; I may be wrong.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

ranwin33

RE: NASCAR question

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:09 am

If NASCAR was important to me, then it might matter.  But truthfully probably not as what they wear and what they drive is so over the top with sponsor's logos as to cause any one individul logo to lose any real meaning.  Now if a driver stands up in a commercial and says use so and so product and they know so and so product does not work as they describe, then yeah I'd have a problem with it.

Now computers are important to me, and it does bother me when I see a Mac commercial that isn't quite being truthful with how it portrays things.

So I guess I pretty much have the same standards across the board.  Don't try to sell me something based on a lie.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

... it does bother me when I see a Mac commercial that isn't quite being truthful with how it portrays things.

I'm right there with you, Randy. Although I don't want to debate Mac vs. PC, I've seen some pretty wild claims about certain 'puters that don't hold up in the real world. There are "cults" in every field, it seems.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

logawhit01

Postby logawhit01 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:24 am

Steve,
You could write a script for a reality hunting show like "Buckmasters Survivor"

I can't wait till you bring us back from the commercial!

Truly it would be interesting to see what would happen in a situation like that!
 Probably a member of the audience would jump into the arena and blast the buck with pepper spray and steer wrestle the buck to the ground and hogtie him!
Enjoy your hunting, Love God and then your family

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:46 pm

ORIGINAL: logawhit01

Steve,
You could write a script for a reality hunting show like "Buckmasters Survivor"

I can't wait till you bring us back from the commercial!

Truly it would be interesting to see what would happen in a situation like that!
Probably a member of the audience would jump into the arena and blast the buck with pepper spray and steer wrestle the buck to the ground and hogtie him!

This might be an idea for one of those never-ending story threads that people keep adding to. But count me out! I think I might have my hands full with the Whitetail Guru poll.

Steve

Return to Off Topic