Good Movie Quote

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

Good Movie Quote

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:48 pm

My wife and I watched the film "SHOOTER" this weekend. It's based on the Stephen Hunter novel "SNIPER", which is one of many of his good reads. It starred Mark Wahlberg in the title role as Bob Lee Swagger, who Hunter based on the real life Marine sniper Carlos "White Feather" Hathcock of the Vietnam War.

Anyway, in the deleted scenes part of the DVD, there's a scene where he and his partner are in a Walmart-type store getting supplies for an attack that they are planning on the bad guys. His partner (who is new to the world of the sniper...Swagger is an ex-marine scout-sniper) goes to a rack of the latest camo clothing and starts looking through it. Swagger askes him what he's looking at that for, and his new partner says,

'Aren't we going to need this?'

To which Swagger replies,

'That stuff isn't camoflage, that's backwoods Gucci crap. Camoflage isn't something you wear, it's something you DO once you get into the woods!"

Makes sense to me!!! [:)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

passin through

RE: Good Movie Quote

Postby passin through » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 pm

My favorite all time series!The movie was plenty good too but the books are better.

I heard one last week i liked on the TV show NCIS

one of the agents (an israeli national) was studying US citizenship and the subject came up about wether she new what the "american dream" was.....which she threw back at her questioner (Agent Tony)  So, Do you know what the American dream is?"  to which he replied  " I'm a ...male between the ages of 18 and 49, I have a loud mouth and a gun,....I am the american dream!"  That made me laugh but it does describe many a country boy!
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:06 am

ORIGINAL: passin through

My favorite all time series!The movie was plenty good too but the books are better.

I have one question ... is your dog eating that deer?

Challenger

Postby Challenger » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:19 am

ORIGINAL: mightyfofaad

ORIGINAL: passin through

I have one question ... is your dog eating that deer?

Yeah, I'd like to know the answer too! [8D]
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Jonathan Swift, 1738

NRA Life Member

Mac

Postby Mac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:40 pm

As my 1 yr old would say.... NUMmm NUMmm
That dog is expensive to feed!
Quote: "Real men hunt with fly swatters!" - me... lol

Return to Off Topic