Talking turkey

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Sailfish

RE: Talking turkey

Postby Sailfish » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:57 am

ORIGINAL: JPH

Once you start you will soon be spending all your money on camo, calls, vests, guns, shells, maps, headnets, tags, seats, decoys, blinds, and GAS. You be forced to live on 3-4 hours of sleep a night for months at a time, while subsisting on a diet of snickers bars and coffee. You will be eaten alive by ticks, skeeters and pecker gnats. You will begin to strain your ears for faint gobbles while your wife is talking. You will be ripped to shreds by thorns, soaked to the bone and baked to a crisp.

In all fairness you should also list some of the negative aspects [:D]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:28 am

Definitely been thinking of the upcoming season.  I looove turkey hunting.  Last year my son took his first turkey.  Nice thing about the spring turkey hunting compared to deer season is the warmer weather.  It's real nice sitting under a tree watching the sun come up while not being too cold.  Hearing the birds sound off in the morning creates a feeling of excitement that is hard to beat.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:40 am

ORIGINAL: JOEL

im familiar with the area you should do fine.Im actually supposed to fish the pepacton this june with some people from another site[:D]

Yup, some really good fishing there...caught some nice bass outta there and my buddy pulls the occasional Rainbow..all in all, its a great hunting/fishing area, but land is hard to come by there.  wish it weren't the case or I'd buy some

Previous

Return to Off Topic