Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
User avatar
kellory
 
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby kellory » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Dylan wrote:No system is perfect but its better than ours. And I'm talking health INSURANCE system.

They come here for any large medical procedure.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

User avatar
Jslotter
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby Jslotter » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:40 pm

kellory wrote:
Dylan wrote:No system is perfect but its better than ours. And I'm talking health INSURANCE system.

They come here for any large medical procedure.

They are coming here for state of the art medical care , at the same time people in the US are going to different countries to get surgery at a cheaper cost.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Dylan
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby Dylan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:53 pm

kellory wrote:
Dylan wrote:No system is perfect but its better than ours. And I'm talking health INSURANCE system.

They come here for any large medical procedure.


Because they can afford to. :roll:

User avatar
kellory
 
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Dylan wrote:
kellory wrote:
Dylan wrote:No system is perfect but its better than ours. And I'm talking health INSURANCE system.

They come here for any large medical procedure.


Because they can afford to. :roll:

No, because we have the highest skilled doctors, and they acually expext to get paid. Thier health system is jacked up on major procedures with long waiting lines. (I know, I have been to Canada) Thier drug costs are less, which is why our old folks make bus rides to Canada for bulk meds, AND ironicly, some of OUR meds are cheaper when bought in other countries. We sell them for less abroad, to open up markets, and as aid packages, and with government subsides. Minor health care is cheaper there, but anything major, you will grow old waiting for your spot in line to arrive. Everyone that I met in canada, when discussing health care, hated it!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Dylan
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby Dylan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:46 pm

kellory wrote:No, because we have the highest skilled doctors, and they acually expext to get paid. Thier health system is jacked up on major procedures with long waiting lines. (I know, I have been to Canada) Thier drug costs are less, which is why our old folks make bus rides to Canada for bulk meds, AND ironicly, some of OUR meds are cheaper when bought in other countries. We sell them for less abroad, to open up markets, and as aid packages, and with government subsides. Minor health care is cheaper there, but anything major, you will grow old waiting for your spot in line to arrive. Everyone that I met in canada, when discussing health care, hated it!


You're talking about elective procedures not emergency. And if you need something done quickly or want something done quickly you just pay some extra for it (or come here). No one in Canada has gone broke because they are sick. Unlike here.

User avatar
kellory
 
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby kellory » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Dylan wrote:
kellory wrote:No, because we have the highest skilled doctors, and they acually expext to get paid. Thier health system is jacked up on major procedures with long waiting lines. (I know, I have been to Canada) Thier drug costs are less, which is why our old folks make bus rides to Canada for bulk meds, AND ironicly, some of OUR meds are cheaper when bought in other countries. We sell them for less abroad, to open up markets, and as aid packages, and with government subsides. Minor health care is cheaper there, but anything major, you will grow old waiting for your spot in line to arrive. Everyone that I met in canada, when discussing health care, hated it!


You're talking about elective procedures not emergency. And if you need something done quickly or want something done quickly you just pay some extra for it (or come here). No one in Canada has gone broke because they are sick. Unlike here.

That would depend on your definition of "Emergancy". You could die of old age on a transplant list.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Dylan
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby Dylan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:37 pm

kellory wrote:
Dylan wrote:
kellory wrote:No, because we have the highest skilled doctors, and they acually expext to get paid. Thier health system is jacked up on major procedures with long waiting lines. (I know, I have been to Canada) Thier drug costs are less, which is why our old folks make bus rides to Canada for bulk meds, AND ironicly, some of OUR meds are cheaper when bought in other countries. We sell them for less abroad, to open up markets, and as aid packages, and with government subsides. Minor health care is cheaper there, but anything major, you will grow old waiting for your spot in line to arrive. Everyone that I met in canada, when discussing health care, hated it!


You're talking about elective procedures not emergency. And if you need something done quickly or want something done quickly you just pay some extra for it (or come here). No one in Canada has gone broke because they are sick. Unlike here.

That would depend on your definition of "Emergancy". You could die of old age on a transplant list.


Depends what organ you need for a transplant. Life-threatening transplants are emergency and not elective. If you require an organ transplant your concern is whether there is a suitable organ ready for delivery. That particular waiting list is not affected by government-sponsored healthcare but by other people dropping dead.

:idea:

User avatar
kellory
 
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:47 pm

I spent some time up there, when I almost married a Canadian. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree. From what I learned from the family and friends. From what I saw while I was there, and from what I know from reading, their system sucks, Perhaps things have changed since I was there, but it could not have changed enough.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Dylan
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby Dylan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Speaking of Australian Prime MInister, did you see her getting carried out of a protest and into her car by their Secret Service?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... bs%3Dvideo

User avatar
Jslotter
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby Jslotter » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Good old fashoin riot police beat down would have prevented that.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests