Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

Re: Australian Prime Minister says it best.

Postby kellory » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:20 am

JPH wrote:
kellory wrote: Think as a terrorist. How would I do this thing?

Going over the same ground, time and time again and again is really wearing me out. Using the "long war" strategy to tire out the opposition while never actually winning a battle is smart, I'll give you that.

Anyway, If I were the head of Al Quiedea and one of my lieutenants came up with a plan to infiltrate the US by way of the Mexican border, I'd cut his head off myself. He's too stupid to be of any use. Yes, with a trained and determined team we could easy cross that way, in spite of your silly fence (mines and machine guns) but it is too expensive and risky.

My first plan would be to use the internet to incite US citizens to launch homegrown jihad. It is low yield but the cost and risk are zero. Secondly I would use the internet to recruit US citizens to travel to my training camps around the world, then send them back with their citizenship in tact and the ability to deliver a harder blow on US soil. Once I'd run those options down, I would simply have my operatives obtain visas as students, businessmen or even refugees and enter with legal documentation. Our Saudi financiers can afford it. There are plenty of guns, chemicals, and box cutters lying around in the US that my cells can put to use. Lastly, if I was really desperate and had no other options, I'd simply have my cells hike or canoe across the Canadian border unchecked.

Until you and the other xenophobes call for the fortification of the Canadian border, I will continue to call out the BS of your position. This is not about keeping terrorists out. This is not about keeping immigrants out. This is about keeping Latin Americans out. I'm being generous by calling it xenophobia. Remember that is the irrational fear of outsiders. There is another name for the irrational fear and hatred of other races/ethnicity. Again, I assume nothing about you but there are red flags.

I don't think every immigrant is innocent. That's just silly. But to consider every immigrant to be a drug kingpin or terrorist is like claiming that the haystack is worthless because there might be a needle in it.

You like to drop labels on people, try this one:Obtuse | What is the Definition of Obtuse? | Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/obtuse/əbˈtus, -ˈtyus/ Show Spelled[uh b-toos, -tyoos] Show IPA. adjective. 1. not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull. 2....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................".Anyway, If I were the head of Al Quiedea and one of my lieutenants came up with a plan to infiltrate the US by way of the Mexican border, I'd cut his head off myself. He's too stupid to be of any use. Yes, with a trained and determined team we could easy cross that way, in spite of your silly fence (mines and machine guns) but it is too expensive and risky.

My first plan would be to use the internet to incite US citizens to launch homegrown jihad. It is low yield but the cost and risk are zero? Funny, the first thing I would do would be to get on the internet and explain how illogical it would be for a sworn enemy of America to attempt an attack through the point of entry with the least chance of discovery. then I would chop off my Lt's head just for practice. Then like you said, we got lots of money, and some cool toys to play with on the bomb range, and let's see....have we got any of that Serin, left? i just got an idea for a shopping mall in California, you know, the big one with 5 or 6 floors? Yeah, that one, any problem getting it there? Are you kidding? they let just ANYONE walk in! Yeah, I know it's stupid, if they tried that here, we would blow them to Allah before they knew we were even watching! Stupid Americans. I thought about going in through Canada, but that accent! Holy shit, and I think you would have to paint me from head to toe to have any chance of passing. Besides, blending in so much better, If you do get stopped for any reason, just use that phrase we taught you" No-AH=BLA, DA-ENGLASE" or something like that, just mumble, that always works. Now I know you are only 15, but it is time to be a man and strap on that explosive vest, and get in the truck with your brother and his friends, And don't worry, hundreds of people cross this border every day, just follow the tracks. Now this part is even easier, when you get to HOME DEPOT, just like the on you trained at here, a man will show up with a truck and raise a couple of fingers for how many undocumented illegals he wants to work on his farm or construction company. He will pay you in money with no records of any kind, then you find some room to rent for cash. and wait for our call. then send them to Allah! Got it? And remember! NO-AH-BLA! That will get you our of most anything! ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(...Now, work visas and travel visas at least get examined, and issued through channels with some sort of oversight. travel stamps, computer records, facial recognition software, finger prints, travel patterns, things that can at least be tracked. If an American decides to turn traitor and train at your terrorist camp, if he does damage us, then i would suggest we do like the Native Americans you keep bringing up, and give him the the womenfolk of the dead, and let him die the death of a thousand cuts. They do it right, he might last a week. At no time, do Mexicans come into play here, except as cover for a very real threat. ) This is about threat potential, not Mexicans, :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Wowww....let's just let this conversation die.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:23 pm

I agree, I'm starting to feel bad for the dead horse that is being beaten here.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:48 pm

JPH wrote:Wowww....let's just let this conversation die.

have I made this glaringly obvious enough yet, to at least admit that leaving the doors wide open and ignoring anyone who chooses to enter, is flat out stupid? The chances are very low, but so are the chances you'll be mugged. But you at least watch for muggers. And yet here you want a blind eye. You even want to assist. There only needs to be one.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't advocate that kellroy.

We've made a lot of things very obvious. Most of them about the combatants here. Many of the things revealed are less than flattering. The situation along the border remains a matter of opinion. Certainly anyone who was undecided stopped following this particular debate out of disgust.

Out.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:52 pm

JPH wrote:I don't advocate that kellroy.

We've made a lot of things very obvious doesn't fit. Most of them about the combatants here. Many of the things revealed are less than flattering. The situation along the border remains a matter of opinion. Certainly anyone who was undecided stopped following this particular debate out of disgust.

Out.

You are right. it is unflattering yo be called names. it is unflattering to keep trying to make this about hating Mexicans. (completely false) I have had to exaggerate every point just to let you see a threat I see as possible. One which you dismiss out of hand. It is unflattering to have you twist my words about guns to mean something else. If those who have sworn to lay waste to my country, had been as obvious as I have had to paint them. They would not have been able to board our planes, let alone drive them through a few of our buildings. You don't give them credit for being devious, or even admit to a threat being possible. That's fine. put your blinders back on and enjoy only the best thoughts about your fellow man. I will watch for what doesn't quite fit. What is out of place. I will watch for threat. :|

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:25 am

JPH wrote:Dylan, are you Canadian? Do you have any first hand experience with the healthcare system in Canada or are you just frustrated with ours?

I have a pretty close friend who is a critical care nurse and a Canadian immigrant. He went to nursing school in Canada but has worked all over the US as a traveling nurse. He is the biggest critic of the Canadian healthcare system I've ever known. He says it is about as efficient and user friendly as our DMV.

We had to take one of our teens in to a walk in clinic for an infection while on a service mission to Thunder Bay in 2010. She sat in a waiting room for 8 hours in order to be placed on a waiting list to see a PA! We'd have been better off taking her to a Vet.

Anyone who thinks the government should handle our healthcare should visit Canada and try it on for size, or maybe visit a VA hospital right here at home. No thank you!

As for the supposed remarks by the Aussie PM? Just another internet hoax to rile up xenophobic sentiment. If the US had taken on this attitude 150 years ago, like the Know Nothing Party or the Masons had wanted, the Irish, Italian, Polish and German immigrants who shaped the modern US would have been sent away. Remember, before then we were ruled exclusively by a WASP aristocracy who was very frightened by the working class immigrants from Europe.

Lived in Canada and very frustrated with our system of insurance and paying for it. Having for-profit companies running healthcare does not work. How many people are uninsured or have inadequate coverage because they can't afford it? Millions. It costs us all in the end.

In a civilized society health care is a right not a luxury. The insurance industry runs counter to that.

:roll:

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:47 am

Health care is a right? Hmmmm.....I must have missed that part of the Constitution.

But I think you're confusing terms. Having something be a "right" in the Constitutional sense means that it's your option to exercise it or not, and more importantly that the "government shall make no law" infringing upon it. That's hardly what the Marxist In Chief wants to do to us. You MUST buy it, and if you won't or can't, then the government will have direct access to your bank account and will literally TAKE it from you.

I'd rather die in the street than have to live under that kind of tyranny. They can literally go to Hell. :x
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:17 am

Dylan wrote:Lived in Canada and very frustrated with our system of insurance and paying for it. Having for-profit companies running healthcare does not work. How many people are uninsured or have inadequate coverage because they can't afford it? Millions. It costs us all in the end.

In a civilized society health care is a right not a luxury. The insurance industry runs counter to that.

:roll:

I sympathize with your frustration, believe me. But I too would disagree with you on the definition of a "right".

Rather than look to the Constitution to determine rights, I prefer to look to the natural law. In my opinion, the Constitution merely acknowledges some of the rights that exist, with or without constitutional acknowledgement. When one takes this view, the definition of a right does not change as one crosses a border from a undeveloped country to a "civilized" one. (See the preceding discussion for more on that.) I believe we all have a right to life and the freedom to access healthcare is a part of that. But I do not believe that socialized medicine is the answer.

This nation is full of religious institution that do not deny healthcare to anyone for any reason, but the specter of Obamacare is placing that in jeopardy by imposing standards of "care" on them that run contrary to their founding beliefs.

I am close to a person with cancer. They have been fighting for 10 years and have been blessed with good insurance a great team of doctors who have been willing to employ aggressive and non-traditional care. Much of this care would have been delayed or denied in Canada because of the government regulations. These doctors work through US hospitals that will not deny care to the uninsured, but they do send the bill. So if this person had been an uninsured US citizen, they'd be broke. If they'd been a Canadian citizen, they'd be dead. I'll take door number one!

Any time the government enters into an area of our lives, freedom is lost. Socialized medicine will hinder the freedom to access care and the freedom to render it.

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:07 am

Not talking about "Constitutional" rights. There are other rights, more importantly HUMAN rights, which to me are more important.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic