Trash Talk!!!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
JPH

RE: Trash Talk!!!

Postby JPH » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 am

ORIGINAL: schlupis

...not so happy about the badgers loss to Iowa. Even though they lost  and Iowa is a very good team. It is still good for the big ten to have a undefeated team. I even heard talk about Iowa being in the national championship game.

Not so fast! While I am having a great time watching the Hawks, I am not breaking out the BCS talk just yet. Iowa does a couple of things on a consistant basis. They almost always start the season and each game slowly, and they often fold when they crack the top 10.

Look, I want to crow very badly right now, but I don't want to jinx it. I'm not about to let our defeated rivals put the hex on us by talking us up!

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:03 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

...not so happy about the badgers loss to Iowa. Even though they lost  and Iowa is a very good team. It is still good for the big ten to have a undefeated team. I even heard talk about Iowa being in the national championship game.

Not so fast! While I am having a great time watching the Hawks, I am not breaking out the BCS talk just yet. Iowa does a couple of things on a consistant basis. They almost always start the season and each game slowly, and they often fold when they crack the top 10.

Look, I want to crow very badly right now, but I don't want to jinx it. I'm not about to let our defeated rivals put the hex on us by talking us up!

You caught that ey. Well let me then say how great it is that Iowa is undefeated and man I am really pulling for them to go all the way to the National Championship Game. Hell if that happens I might even cheer for them.

And the HEX is on, sending you the WI penalty and dropped pass jinx aswell. Good luck in your next game, I think you play Michigan State.

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:35 am

...Good luck in your next game, I think you play Michigan State.

Yep, AT Michigan State. A place they have not won since 1995.

Iowa will not finish this season undefeated. Big 10 championship? I think that is doable, but not a National Championship.

Hey, I'm thrilled with that. When you look at Iowa's recruiting base, it is amazing feat of coaching. 

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:33 am

GOPHERS are gonna pull off an upset this week...Just watch!
QDM!

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:44 am

It's a good week to be a Pat's fan!!
haha!!!
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:25 am

10/31/2009 = Iowa Hawkeyes 9-0!!

I still cannot imagine them running the table but they keep finding a way to win each week. We've had a rough couple of years in Iowa off the field, with natural disasters, financial troubles and high-profile crimes. The 2009 Hawks are a great diversion from all of that.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:30 am

My Bulls just poppped back in to the BCS top 25 this week!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Had to bring this back to the top with The Ohio State Buckeyes heading to the Rose Bowl after beating Iowa and how about those Cincinnati Bengals 7 - 2 with their win over the Steelers. Go Bucks!!!!!! WHO DEY!!!!!!!
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:52 am

Now that Floyd of Rosedale will be spending another year in Iowa and the regular season is over, I wanted to crow for the [size="3"]HAWKEYES[/size] one more time!

If you are from the Midwest (or Pennsylvania) the chances are, your team was beaten by the University of Iowa this fall. The obvious exception of course is Ohio State, who needed OT in the horseshoe. Congrats Buckeys and good luck in the Rose Bowl.

(Yes, I should have also mentioned the loss to Northwestern. But seeing as this is a deer hunting forum, I doubt I'll run into any Northwestern fans.)

Previous

Return to Off Topic