animal activist drone shot down!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
luvhuntin

animal activist drone shot down!

Postby luvhuntin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:33 am

And there mad about it! really? you spent a bunch of money on building an R/C drone to fly over private property and your piss#$% off about it? all because you want to harm nature by trying to turn the USA into one large petting zoo? Bunch of crackheads. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgk1cRqAfs

I just wish the guys doing the shooting "kitted up" with bigger caliber weaponry so we could have seen it disintegrate into a million little pieces when hit. i`m not even sure it got hit, they may have intentionally crashed it just to get some coverage.

Woods Walker

Re: animal activist drone shot down!

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:19 am

This is downright scary, because if they can use a device such as this, then it's only a matter of time before they can arm one with explosives, or bio-weapons, or to use it as a weapon itself. I'd shoot it down in a heartbeat, because we all know that these goofballs are capable of anything. They are as insanely motivated as the Islamo-Loonies and just as dangerous.

The time is coming when the courts will have to rule what is a property owner's "space" in terms of the air above him/her, or even the space around him....as we are seeing with more and more invasive use of trail cams.

Most all of my life one of the reasons why I went into the woods was to get away. Now, sadly, it appears that there is no more "away".....
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:37 am

Fake! Two things I noticed. One, thats a hell of a shot with birdshot to shoot it down. Look at the end of the clip when the drone lifts and gives a bird eye view. Where the hunters presumably were, and where the drone was, I don't think a bird gun has a chance to knock it out of the air. Those hunters would have to be almost underneath the drone. Two, those hunters I highly doubt would be running away from a retard driving a child molester van with a toy plane. This movie was fabricated to stir the 5hit pot and gain momentum for the activist group. Anyone agree? Disagree?
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:10 am

I watched it a couple of times. It would be hard to say how the props were damaged. I agree that it would take some real serious sky blasting to knock it down at that distance. The only truly clear things are that he certainly is an idiot and it was an intrusion into the no-fly zone.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Jslotter wrote:Fake! Two things I noticed. One, thats a hell of a shot with birdshot to shoot it down. Look at the end of the clip when the drone lifts and gives a bird eye view. Where the hunters presumably were, and where the drone was, I don't think a bird gun has a chance to knock it out of the air. Those hunters would have to be almost underneath the drone. Two, those hunters I highly doubt would be running away from a retard driving a child molester van with a toy plane. This movie was fabricated to stir the 5hit pot and gain momentum for the activist group. Anyone agree? Disagree?

Alright slots, I picked up on three things not mentioned here. In the first half minute or so they mention being shot at (by .22's) and a scoped .22 would have no problem with the range, or hitting that damned thing. However, i do believe it to be staged for two reasons. 2) No one could creep a red truck through the woods without being noticed by at least three people standing on the road looking into the woods for signs of people. And 3) There was no attempt to focus on the people driving or the licence plates , but the zoom worked just fine when looking for the walker in the woods. Those were (IMO) the people of the Bambi Thumpers faking their own get away. I know nothing about this group, but I know I don;t like they guy behind the camera all ready. I do have first hand knowledge of Bambi Thumpers stealing horses, starving them intentionally to prove mistreatment by the rightful owners, then lying their behinds off. Luckily, there were recent vet visits, photos, and neighbors who told the judge the real story, or there would have been jail time for the wrong side. Sad thing is, all but two of the horses had to be put down. Too much damage had been done to them by the Bambi Thumpers. I think the woods Walker in this vid is someone coming to see who is screwing around on their property line, and in the edge of their woods. :(
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 pm

I think you guys are right I had a gut feeling that may be the case.

you can see when the camera is zoomed in on the drone one of the blades stops turning, and it looks like there may be some damage to the blade. but who knows what shape it was in when it took off. I guess it may be time to fight fire with fire, going to have to look into building one of these myself and put some sort of net gun on it! may as well be ahead of the curve for once.

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm

I too take this for a fake but I must be stupid, because even if it were real, I can't understand why they were flying the drone in the first place. Were they trying to capture the pigeon shoot on film? May I assume that pigeon shoots are legal? If so, why not let someone film it? I cannot see how the drone would have disrupted the shoot, so why take pot shots at it? It does not add up to me. What am I missing?

Oh and just because nobody else pointed it out. Never, ever fire a .22 or any other single projectile into the air like that!

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:21 pm

The next generation. GPS guided, with last contact return function. http://www.gizmag.com/dji-phantom-quadcopter/25672/
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Montana Man

Postby Montana Man » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:10 am

The world is filling up with stupid people. Thanks activist. You'll save the animals, but let people suffer.

Return to Off Topic