The 10 Manliest Firearms.........

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
danesdad

RE: The 10 Manliest Firearms.........

Postby danesdad » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:16 pm

In the movie "Predator", Jesse Ventura has this electircally operated machine gun. At one point he's firing into the woods and that thing is just spitting brass, and trees are falling down. Any gun that you fire into the woods that makes a tree fall down is manly!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Shaman...I'm surprised at you......

What happened to those manly men dressed in armor sweating against the turn of each crank on the manly catapult...of course lest we forget the flaming balls of cow dung laced with hand cut iron spikes for ammo...how manly could one get...[;)]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:33 am

ORIGINAL: danesdad

In the movie "Predator", Jesse Ventura has this electircally operated machine gun. At one point he's firing into the woods and that thing is just spitting brass, and trees are falling down. Any gun that you fire into the woods that makes a tree fall down is manly!

That's what they call a Dillon 7.62mm "mini-gun", and is the armament that is mounted in the nose of the A-10 Warthog "tank killer" airplane. It shoots those .308's at a rate a 50 rounds PER SECOND!!!!!

"Myth Busters" also did a segment with one to determine if you could shoot a tree in half with a machine gun......which it did....and they had KARI BYRON doing the shooting!!!!! [8D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3TWIeGtA0An

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 am

I just had some random thoughts on this whole thing:

1)  Ya know, whenever they show people shooting those .577 T-Rex guns, it's always little girly guys shooting these things, while the big manly guys stand back and laugh their assets off.  I think there is a lesson in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVqT3XEzss

2)   You don't need a mini-gun to saw down trees.  I once took out a pretty serious sapling with a 12 GA slugger fired from an 1100.  I was aiming at the buck directly behind it.  I had a period there back in the early 90's where I bagged more trees than deer.

3) 
What happened to those manly men dressed in armor sweating against the turn of each crank on the manly catapult...of course lest we forget the flaming balls of cow dung laced with hand cut iron spikes for ammo...how manly could one get...Image

Ms. Badger:  Sweaty men straining against a cranquin is not something I readily fantasize.  That fact is probably manly in and of itself.  The  flaming balls of cow dung, etc. is something that I had probably never considered.  You certainly do have a vivid internal landscape, don't you?   [:D]
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:41 am

Shaman.... It was just in refferance to the manliness that was once the catipult as a weapon....I only addressed that to you because of your avitar...reminding me of some sort of Celtic or mid evil head gear...not that you personally find sweaty men appealing...actually my mind never went there.....

When sitting on stand ....yeppers my mind does tend to wonder into the bizzar realm....but as far as this...Mr. B has been watch the lord of the rings series...you never wondered what they were setting on fire and shooting in those round balls of flame?  Iread some where that cow dung would make a good fire starter in an emergancy......  ha ha ha...what can I say...[:)]

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

I'm just pulling your leg, MsBadger. 

The headgear?  It's actually Siberian.  There are still some places on earth that take their shamans seriously.  Tunguska?  1908?  You can bet there was a shaman back in the woods somewhere on June 18 that was saying, "See?  I told you not to marry your cousin.  Now look what you've done!  Give me a couple of bear skins, and I'll see what I can do to straighten this mess out."
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:43 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker
That's what they call a Dillon 7.62mm "mini-gun", and is the armament that is mounted in the nose of the A-10 Warthog "tank killer" airplane. It shoots those .308's at a rate a 50 rounds PER SECOND!!!!!

The Warthog uses a GAU-8/A Avenger gatling gun which fires 30mm depleted uranium rounds at about 60 rounds a second.  The 7.62 minigun tended to be used in helicopters and AC 130 gunships.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

The Warthog uses a GAU-8/A Avenger gatling gun which fires 30mm depleted uranium rounds at about 60 rounds a second.  The 7.62 minigun tended to be used in helicopters and AC 130 gunships.

Correction duly noted! That makes sense, as a .308 round wouldn't do much to a tank except irritate it.

Either way, I DO NOT EVER wish to be on the recieving end of ANY of them!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:52 am

Either way, I DO NOT EVER wish to be on the recieving end of ANY of them!

Can't say as I blame you.  [:)]
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:59 am

I was glad to see the Glock made the list. I dont think there is a tougher semi-auto pistol made you can do pretty much what ever you want to a Glock and its still going to fire.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic