The 10 Manliest Firearms.........

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
SwampFox

RE: The 10 Manliest Firearms.........

Postby SwampFox » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:46 am

Nice list.  Very entertaining but I find it hard to believe the 500S&W mag didnt make it

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm

The Ruger Super Blackhawk is manly ... The S&W Model 29 is a great pistol, but it's for wannabees.

Yes, that's manly

8uck5nort: ... Flamethrowers are manly! Just not very practical for hunting. Wait a minute! Errr, maybe I'm onto something here, hunt and cook at the same time. The ultimate in manly activities huntin' and a grillin' combined.

Yes, that's manly

A manly man, with a manly gun, needs a manly dog

Yes, that's manly

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:07 pm

how bout the deck gun of a battleship? howitzer?bazooka,laws rocket and rpg[:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:39 pm

ORIGINAL: JOEL

how bout the deck gun of a battleship? howitzer?bazooka,laws rocket and rpg[:D]

Battleship deck gun? Come on ... let's keep this discussion serious. [8D]

However, a 155 mm Howitzer on wheels, attached to the back of your full size SUV is definitely doable. [:)]

nhdeerchaser

Postby nhdeerchaser » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:33 pm

I'll throw my 2 cents in!

How about a mossberg 535 tactical turkey shotgun shooting 3.5 mag shells? If you have'nt shot one, I recommend lacing your sneakers tight to make sure you don't get blown out of them!

That's manly

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 am

ORIGINAL: shaman

The Martini Henry came to mind, but I have to admit I have never shot one.  There is something very manly about standing shoulder to shoulder in the hot sun giving volley fire to the wogs, while Color Sargent Bourne steadies me with his gentle admonitions.

I missed this, the 1st time I read your post. Yes, this is a very manly gun, at least in the .45 cal. version. Have you ever seen the 480 gr cartridges? Hard to believe the English used this on humans ... I guess it wouldn't matter where you hit someone.

I saw one of these at a show sometime back; it wasn't for sale. There was a stand up card next to it that said it also came in .303 British later on & that the gun was used in the movie ZULU, which I saw twice. Those Brits had some hard bark on them back then.

Actually, I've always had a thing for large caliber falling block rifles; not sure why.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Well, here's a quick video showing the results of giving a manly gun to an idiot.

Gun vs. Idiot

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Okay, I have one more ... how about the old Blunderbuss from the 1700's ... a favorite of pirates. It was sort of a hand held shotgun type cannon with a 1.5 to 2" bore!

It was fast to load because of the wide mouth, & altho not meant for accuracy ... loaded with a bunch of lead balls ... you might take out 4 people at close range.

The example below is supposed to be a replica of the gun used by the famous pirate, Capt. Morgan, the scourge of the Caribbean.
[8D]

shaman

Postby shaman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:38 am

Yow!  I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that one went it went off, and I'm not sure I'd even want to be holding it.  I have one of those Leonid double-barrel shotgun derringers.  It takes 000 buck and spreads a 10 foot pattern at 10 feet.    I used to carry it backpacking.  It also took 45 Long Colt. Yikes!

BTW: (in reference to another thread)  Yes, it is legal in KY for deer, and NO I am not going to try to take a deer with one, and NO I am not going to tell anyone on here if I do.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:39 am

ORIGINAL: shaman

Yow!  I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that one went it went off, and I'm not sure I'd even want to be holding it.  I have one of those Leonid double-barrel shotgun derringers.  It takes 000 buck and spreads a 10 foot pattern at 10 feet.    I used to carry it backpacking.  It also took 45 Long Colt. Yikes!

BTW: (in reference to another thread)  Yes, it is legal in KY for deer, and NO I am not going to try to take a deer with one, and NO I am not going to tell anyone on here if I do.

Are you referring to the cookie & the hammer?[:D][:D]

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic