tresspassers on private property!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
chinagreen

tresspassers on private property!

Postby chinagreen » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:48 pm

I have been a hunter all my life. I have allways played by "THE RULES", even though it is hard sometimes. I went out saturday afternoon to hunt a ridge that I have permission to hunt. I start walking into the woods and I spy a blood trail with whitetail hair all around. MY BLOODPRESSURE SPIKED! I got permission to hunt this property for myself and a very good friend of mine. The two of us are in constant contact with each other where we are going to hunt given the wind direction. He had not hunted the property, let alone harvested anything. So some other Jackie the deerjacker obviously had. This completely frosts my A@#! I go to all the painstaking trouble to get legal permission to hunt private property, and some jerkwater waltzes right in and harvests a deer off the property. WHY GET PERMISSION IN THE FIRST PLACE? Do I conact the DEP and have consevation officers crawling all over the place? Do I wait the deerjacker out and beat him to a pulp. Someone please try to reason with me as to why this bugs me to the nth degree! Any and all input from the forum is welcomed and encouraged!

Mac

RE: tresspassers on private property!

Postby Mac » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:39 pm

Well part me me would want to whip there a$$ but the family man in me says that there could be an explination so stay calm...
Are you hunting near a fence line. Could another hunter have shot a deer that jumped the fence and all he did was retreve it?
Did this other person obtain permission to hunt the property without your knowing it?
If he was a poacher, my guess is that you won't see him any time soon. But then again, you never know.
Just remember that as frustraiting as it is, it's not worth going to jail over or even a worse case dead! You never know how dangerous a criminal can be until you back them into a corner. And anything can happen in the woods!!! Be careful with your actions. That's all I'm saying.
I'd repost this in the general discusion threads, I think you'd get a lot more responses than just mine.
Quote: "Real men hunt with fly swatters!" - me... lol

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Is your permission exclusive? Maybe the property owner allowed someone else on the land. Maybe he hunts himself. Or maybe it was someone in his family. You cant just assume it was a trespasser. I'd talk to the landowner first.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Claymores.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Now that's funny Woodsy. I wasn't expecting that comment. I'm still chuckling!

Return to Off Topic