A little something about yourselves....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
nhdeerchaser

A little something about yourselves....

Postby nhdeerchaser » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Hey everyone!

I just thought since I'm new here, I would start a thread where we could say a little something about what we do when not hunting.

My name is Mike Clark, I'm married with two beautiful childeren. I am a surgical technologist in a small local hospital, and when I'm not hunting, I'm riding my road bike along backroads staying in shape and looking for deer and turkeys!

During the winter after deer season, I do weight lifting and snowshoing to stay fit.
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Patriot

RE: A little something about yourselves....

Postby Patriot » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:42 pm

I like long walks on the beach.......[:D]

Seriously though...married, 3 kids, Financial Analyst for a large medical device company in the Twin Cities.  Hunting is my passion, but a close 2nd would be church league softball.  I also run Centershot archery ministry at my church.  Kids of all ages come and learn the basics of target archery and also fundamentals of life.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:38 pm

I'm a retired RN kidney transplant coordinator who inherited a 143 acre
Farm 3 years ago.  Married and about to become a grandfather on Thanksgiving day.  (the folowing Monday is opening day of ohio deer gun season...hope she is not late) Hunt mostly deer, waterfowl and turkey. Fishing and working at the farm are big, and, of course, my family. 
Two tour Vietnam veteran.  

whubbard

Postby whubbard » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:13 am

I work in my family hardware and lumber store.  I am a graduate from the University of Mississippi.  Literature degree. A wife and two daughters, 9 and 5.  Hunting, fishing, music, and reading consumes my time.  I love college football with a blind passion.
Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them. --John James Audubon

CountryBoy55

Postby CountryBoy55 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 am

Was born and raised in South Louisiana, hunting and fishing with my Dad and brother.  Transplanted to southern RI (still a southern boy!) 30 years ago, achieving a graduate degree in Ocean Engineering from URI.  Have been working for the Navy research lab in Newport for the past 25 years. Have a beautiful wife and 4 great children (oldest 2 married).  Outside of work, in order of importance, there is the family, church (chairman of the Elder Board), and hunting and fishing when I can.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you." -- Max Lucado

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:28 am

I was born and raised in Wisconsin.  My family owns about 100 acres in Juneau county where I do the majority of my hunting.  I live in rock county and do some hunting and fishing around here as well.  I just graduated from college and am currently working on finding a full time job and getting my real estate licence.  Other than hunting and fishing, I like hanging out with my friends and family, snowboarding in the winter, and doing anything that gets me outdoors.  Last year I went bear hunting in Minnesota for the first time and it was one of the most fun trips of my life.  Plus I drew a tag without having to wait a decade!

SwampFox

Postby SwampFox » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:30 am

I'm a 26 year old park ranger from north Florida.  I work for the Suwanee River Wilderness Trail (under the Florida Departement of Environmental Protection) helping people plan paddling trips and maintaining our wilderness camps. I used to be a chef and worked in several restaurants for about seven years, running one of my own as head chef. Love to fish both fresh and salt water, fly and traditional tackle.  I'm not yet married but have a wonderful girl and it looks like its moving in that direction. No kids yet either but would like a few one day. Like to lift weights, run, and try to stay in shape.  I attend college in my off time and I'm working toward a dergee in environmental science.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:43 am

Married, 2 kids and a dog.
I'm a Network Engineer for a telecom company.
I have a Bachelors in Biology.
Love Florida
I'm a HUGE offshore fisherman

And I may take Patriot up on the long walk  [:-]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:10 pm

And I may take Patriot up on the long walk

Nice!!!  Sure he'd love it...
QDM!

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:13 am

I'm 48, married 26 1/2 years. We have two son's both married and we have 3 grand buddies. I work at BF Goodrich in north east Indiana. Retired U.S. Army 22years,9 months and 24 days. Last year I got my biggest buck. A 12 point I had a shoulder mount done. My family, hunting, fishing, grilling and most out doors things are what I do to try to keep out of trouble. Dosent work every time tho. Image
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Next

Return to Off Topic