A little something about yourselves....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
mightyfofaad

RE: A little something about yourselves....

Postby mightyfofaad » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:45 am

Hi: My name is Bill Eastwood & I have taken long walks on the beach ... a nude beach ... and I'm here to tell you those people don't look anything like they do in the movies.

Born & raised in Brooklyn, NY (baby boomer) back when children didn't have to be accompanied by an adult & we didn't even have a key to our back door. When I went into the Army, I got to see N.J. for a couple of months, a little over a year on the East German border (before we were friends) 61 days in French Indo China & finished up in KY. The Army help put me thru College & like SAILFISH I have a BA in Biology.

Got married & moved to Long Island ... have 2 children & 4 grandchildren. I am a semi retired Private Detective. I've hunted deer in NY & NJ, Elk in CO & NM. For 12 years I've planed for a Caribou hunt in Canada when I retired, but my knees retired before I did & now that hunt is iffy.

I like shooting; shot NRA Pistol competition in my younger days. I am an NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor ... love teaching kids to shoot. Okay, now you know way more than you wanted to. PHOTO ENCLOSED.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:21 pm

ORIGINAL: nhdeerchaser

Hey everyone!

I just thought since I'm new here, I would start a thread where we could say a little something about what we do when not hunting.

My name is Mike Clark, I'm married with two beautiful childeren. I am a surgical technologist in a small local hospital, and when I'm not hunting, I'm riding my road bike along backroads staying in shape and looking for deer and turkeys!

During the winter after deer season, I do weight lifting and snowshoing to stay fit.

Come on people ... don't be shy ... we all want to know a little about each other ... jump in. [:)]

Vikinghater

Postby Vikinghater » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:25 am

Well , My name is Troy, I'm 39 not married (getting married friday the 30th) no kids, two dogs.  I have lived in WI my whole life and currently live 3 blocks from the shore of lake Michigan.  I do hunt some on this side of the state but do most of my hunting in central WI on my uncles farm.  I am a pilot for a large company for the past two years and flew corparate charter in Eau Claire for ten years before that. My career as a pilot has given me the chance to meet alot of interesting people, some famous and some not, but I have been to every state in the U.S. and every province in canada and some central and south american countries as well.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:33 am

Troy:
You might want to rethink that wedding date. There might be better times for a whitetail hunter to have a wedding anniversary than the beginning of the rut.

I'm Steve.
Places I've lived: Warren County, PA (where I was born) Quincy, Mass (where I went to college), Kansas City (where I went to seminary), North Carolina, Washington D.C., and back to Warren County, PA in 1981.

Places I've worked: Meat shop, machine shop, churches, and a large catalog company for 24 years, where I learned a lot about writing.

What I do: I do freelance writing for several outdoor magazines (only once for D&DH, but hopefully more in the future), I write a local newspaper column, and I speak at sportsmen's dinners at churches and other events. I'm also pastor of a small church, and the writing and speaking supplement my income.

My family: I have a son in South Korea (teaching English there) and a daughter in Chicago (in medical school.) I've been married to the lovely Barbara for 34½ years. She works at the local hospital scheduling surgeries.

Where I've hunted: I do most of my hunting in PA, and since I live just 4 miles from the PA/NY border I started hunting there about 4 years ago. I've also hunted in Alaska, Ontario, Maine and a little in North Carolina.

Where I'd like to hunt: In America, I'd like to hunt whitetails in Ohio, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and a few other places. I'd also like to hunt antelope, caribou and wild pigs.

For fun: I've been working with my 80-year old father at inventing a new turkey call (which isn't quite perfected yet), and I hope to call in a turkey with it in the spring for him.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 am

Vikinghater: I am a pilot

Well, I guess that gives you an advantage over the rest of us in finding the best deer populations.  [:D][:D]

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am

My name is Rick. I am 45, have been married to my high school sweetheart for 25 years, have three sons ages 23, 20, and 8, and a daughter age 14. I am a Certified Welding Inspector for a large concrete pump and mortar machine manufacturer in Wisconsin. I have lived in Wisconsin all my life. I have been a welder since I was 16 and am certified in almost all welding processes. Received my CWI certificate from Hobart Institue of Welding Technology, Troy, Ohio in 2006. I have hunted many places in Wisconsin but own 400 acres with my brother in the Rhinelander area where I do the majority of my hunting. Hunting is definitely my obssession. I have coached my boys in little league baseball and currently still coach my youngest son. I coached my daughter's volleyball team when she was in grade school. When I am not hunting deer, I enjoy fishing for musky with my sons. My musky obssession is almost as intense as deer hunting [;)]. I thouroughly enjoy spending time with my wife and kids.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:28 am

I'm with Patriot, I like long walks on the beach as well...

On a serious note though, I'm a portfolio manager for a large bank in St. Paul, MN.  I live, hunt, and grew up in WI. 

Besides whitetails, my hobbies include but aren't limited to musky fishing (regular fishing/ice fishing too, but muskies are another one of my passions), playing as much slow-pitch softball as I can in the summer (I play for one of Patriot's teams), working out, investing/finance related subjects, snowmobiling, etc...there is more I'm sure that I will have to add later!!!  [:D]
QDM!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:29 am

My musky obssession is almost as intense as deer hunting

My fellow musky brother....Glad we have one in the crowd. 
QDM!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:43 am

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

My musky obssession is almost as intense as deer hunting

My fellow musky brother....Glad we have one in the crowd.

Uh-oh. We've made contact with musky geeks.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:53 am

I am 52, a licensed veterinary technician and I run a wildlife rehabilitation center inside a large humane society. I have also been a working musician my whole life.

My only other obsession is falconry.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic